10-14-2012, 10:23 AM
do you have a link to the article?
I would like to read it...

Clammer
10-14-2012, 12:40 PM
WTF is it ? this weeks fisherman ???? which I,ll get next week :smash:

piemma
10-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the kudos. Can never equal DZ commentary however.

fishbones
10-15-2012, 10:37 AM
That's the second article you've had if I remember correctly. Very nice work, Paul. My son was pretty impressed that I knew someone who's "famous". He's a big fan of The Fisherman even though he's only 7.

piemma
10-15-2012, 11:17 AM
That's the second article you've had if I remember correctly. Very nice work, Paul. My son was pretty impressed that I knew someone who's "famous". He's a big fan of The Fisherman even though he's only 7.

Famous is pretty far fetched but it is the second article. I am in the midst of another. I have so much time in the air back and forth to the West Coast that I have been using the time to write.

Thanks for the kudos from everyone.

iflysw1
10-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Very informative article Paul on fishing the north rip sandbar on Block Island, and how dangerous it can be. I fished there often and always remember one surf fisherman who lost his life there. It was nice to see in print the the truth of how it is out there or could be.

piemma
10-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks Wes.

I also have to thank Toby Lapinski for giving me the opportunity to write for The Fisherman mag.

Redsoxticket
10-15-2012, 03:47 PM
There are many good articles in the fishermen the problem is that they will never be read most fishermen now and generations to come. The SJ has the right idea.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tlapinski
10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Keep 'em coming Paul!
I also have to thank Toby Lapinski for giving me the opportunity to write for The Fisherman mag.

I am not sure what you mean by this.
There are many good articles in the fishermen the problem is that they will never be read most fishermen now and generations to come. The SJ has the right idea.

BigFish
10-16-2012, 09:02 AM
I enjoy anything I can read about fishing...anyplace I can learn something new and I am all about it! I love my SCJ, my OTW and my Fisherman magazine! Where would many of us be without them? I am an avid reader so keep it coming!!:uhuh:

striperman36
10-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Don't forget BigFish was also mentioned as a Innovator in fishing circles in the same edition!

fishbones
10-16-2012, 09:21 AM
I am not sure what you mean by this.

I think he means blogs and internet mags are more relevant than regular magazines.

I read everything about saltwater fishing I can, whether it's on the internet or on paper.

The best thing about mags like The Fisherman is that you can take it in the bathroom or bring it to Cutty or on a plane without having to lug a laptop around. I also save all my old issues and go back to read certain articles.

Keep up the good work, Toby and crew.

piemma
10-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Don't forget BigFish was also mentioned as a Innovator in fishing circles in the same edition!

Larry has been an innovator for at least 10 years.

Redsoxticket
10-16-2012, 11:47 AM
I think he means blogs and internet mags are more relevant than regular magazines whether it's on the internet or on paper.

As more eloquently stated by fishbones.

tlapinski
10-16-2012, 12:06 PM
I guess I can see what you mean, but what about the fact that The Fisherman and OTW both have their mags online now? I am always looking for ways to improve my magazine, so I take this as positive criticism and welcome yours and anyone else's opinion on the subject.

striperman36
10-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I didn't realize TF was online till I was looking for this article and couldn't find the hard copy.

Thank you.