View Full Version : Jamestown area Surfcaster rescued

JohnR
10-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Man fishing on rocks rescued from Narragansett Bay | Turn to 10 (http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2012/oct/15/man-fishing-rocks-rescued-narragansett-bay-ar-1205699/)

BOSTON -- The Coast Guard says a quick response helped rescue a man who fell into Narragansett Bay while fishing.
Officials say a good Samaritan called 911 on Sunday afternoon to alert authorities to the 30-year-old man in the water.
Jamestown Fire Department used radio contact to help locate the man and a Coast Guard boat was dispatched to rescue him. He was taken to Newport Hospital.

Jackbass
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM
I wonder if it is anyone I know? Glad he is alright Jamestown has some pretty hairy locations.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

stinkyink
10-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I would have thought Beavertail.

iamskippy
10-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Wonder if he was Skishing?

chefchris401
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I would have thought Beavertail.

exactly what i was thinking. sketchy spot for sure

striper50trout
10-15-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm happy to hear that he was rescued.
It happened to me last year and stories like this bring back the terrible memories.

JohnR
10-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Rocks at Whetherhill so it could have been "over there" too and not just @ Whetherill

DZ
10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Tog run is going strong over there - kinda guessing it was a subsistance fisherman that has no clue about tides and waves.

DZ

chefchris401
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Happens every year around this time, either there or along route 1.

Glad the fisherman is ok

JohnR
10-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Tog run is going strong over there - kinda guessing it was a subsistance fisherman that has no clue about tides and waves.

DZ

Good point

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-15-2012, 04:50 PM
I wonder if it is anyone I know? Glad he is alright Jamestown has some pretty hairy locations.

After reading his name in another article he is definitely someone you probably fish with and know very well

bart
10-15-2012, 06:05 PM

DZ

Probably. surprising though, you don't need to venture out far there to get into tog. the coves there are fairly easy to fish except for the fact that they are cliffs. not really a place I think of as far as big surf goes though...

Gobi
10-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Thankfully he was saved. It is too easy to think that "it" only happens to someone else. Last line hurts though!

A 34-year-old Cranston fisherman was rescued off Fort Wetherill Sunday afternoon, the Coast Guard and Jamestown police said.

The fisherman, identified as Maudil Aguilar, was fishing off the rocks with another man, believed to be a cousin, near East Passage in Narragansett Bay around 4 Sunday afternoon when he caught a big fish, the authorities said.

Aguilar reeled it in but fell into the water as he tried to grab it with a gaff, the authorities said.

The Jamestown Fire Department responded along with Coast Guard Station Castle Hill.

The man was pulled out of the water about 30 minutes later and taken to Newport Hospital for observation.

The fish was believed to have gotten away.

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Thankfully he was saved. It is too easy to think that "it" only happens to someone else. Last line hurts though!

A 34-year-old Cranston fisherman was rescued off Fort Wetherill Sunday afternoon, the Coast Guard and Jamestown police said.

The fisherman, identified as Maudil Aguilar, was fishing off the rocks with another man, believed to be a cousin, near East Passage in Narragansett Bay around 4 Sunday afternoon when he caught a big fish, the authorities said.

Aguilar reeled it in but fell into the water as he tried to grab it with a gaff, the authorities said.

The Jamestown Fire Department responded along with Coast Guard Station Castle Hill.

The man was pulled out of the water about 30 minutes later and taken to Newport Hospital for observation.

The fish was believed to have gotten away.

Yup it was Jackbass's cousin. I knew it. At least it wasn't another greenhorn making us look bad.