View Full Version : help with browser?

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-18-2012, 10:10 AM
My yahoo home page changed its look using firefox. I have the same computer at home and it hasn't changed. Here is a before PIC 1 and after PIC 2. How can I make it look normal again?

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Actually PIC 2 is the way it was 2 days ago not pic 1. I want pic 2 back

tysdad115
10-18-2012, 10:13 AM
How can I make it look normal again?

Go to dirtysheeplovin . com , right click, select make home page. That should look like you had it before

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Go to dirtysheeplovin . com , right click, select make home page. That should look like you had it before
Thanks bro. It worked perfect. BTW you look great in those pictures. I hope they pay you good.:rotf2:

tysdad115
10-18-2012, 10:26 AM
My hook up ratio increased drastically once I got the velcro gloves, no way they escape now.

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-18-2012, 10:36 AM
You should try putting big boots on them and standing them on the edge of a cliff so they back up into you.

Ian
10-18-2012, 12:09 PM
These companies are in constant "beta" mode with their websites. ABCNews.com is one of the biggest offenders. They change the format of their website routinely... no warning. At least ESPN/etc. give you "previews" and stuff. SI.com just changed their mobile the other day... I HATE it...

Gotta love Web2.0

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-18-2012, 12:12 PM
These companies are in constant "beta" mode with their websites. ABCNews.com is one of the biggest offenders. They change the format of their website routinely... no warning. At least ESPN/etc. give you "previews" and stuff. SI.com just changed their mobile the other day... I HATE it...

Gotta love Web2.0

But how come it didn't change on my home computer which runs windows 7 64 bit with Firefox? It's the same thing as my work set up but only my work set up has changed.

Ian
10-18-2012, 12:22 PM
But how come it didn't change on my home computer which runs windows 7 64 bit with Firefox? It's the same thing as my work set up but only my work set up has changed.

Thats a good question... something caught up in the cache? Firefox upgrade?

A number of sites have different code sets for different browsers. Some browsers (even version releases) may not support current web standards, causing the website to display differently based on the capability of the browser you are using. Are you running the same revision of Firefox on both machines?

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Thats a good question... something caught up in the cache? Firefox upgrade?

A number of sites have different code sets for different browsers. Some browsers (even version releases) may not support current web standards, causing the website to display differently based on the capability of the browser you are using. Are you running the same revision of Firefox on both machines?

Not sure about any of that. All I know is that its pissing me off. Thanks for trying to help I'm a computer idiot

Ian
10-18-2012, 12:54 PM
In Firefox just go to help --> about firefox

Record the number in that about box... that will give you the number. Mine is 15.0.1... if the two numbers match at both computers, you know something else is fishy... If they don't match, try upgrading the older one

Redsoxticket
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
I tried to simulate the same problem with no luck. You can try to delete cookies and see if it corrects the display
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36
10-18-2012, 09:00 PM
looks the new way for me in Firefox, IE9 and Chrome. Sorry you might be SOL

beaver
10-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Its the new Yahoo home page. They'll be rolling it out slowly and I don't think changing your browser, deleting cookies, or doing a voodoo dance will change it back. Marissa Mayer's New Yahoo.com Homepage - Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/marissa-mayers-new-yahoocom-homepage-2012-10)

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks. The new set up blows

Ian
10-19-2012, 12:18 PM
I used to use ABC's news site exclusively. Then they up and changed with no notice to a format that blows (have since changed 3 more times in 3 years) so I no longer use their site... It sucks...

basswipe
10-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Waterfox is the 64bit variant of Firefox.

spence
10-19-2012, 03:37 PM
You should try putting big boots on them and standing them on the edge of a cliff so they back up into you.

What are the boots for? Sorry, I'm pretty new to this sort of thing.

-spence

tysdad115
10-19-2012, 03:51 PM

-spence

Because high heels on them get stuck in the dirt. Boots get them at the right height.:love:

spence
10-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Because high heels on them get stuck in the dirt. Boots get them at the right height.:love:

Interesting, it's doesn't make a lot of sense but who am I to argue with the gritty wisdom that comes from tried and true experience.

-spence

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-19-2012, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=spence;964341]What are the boots for? Sorry, I'm pretty new to this sort of thing.

-spence[/QUOT

They can't run away with 4 big clunky boots on. It's sheep loving basics. I have seen many threads go in many directions but where this one went takes the cake. I'm glad I know a bunch of whack jobs. :rotf2:

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-19-2012, 07:20 PM

-spence

As I already posted. Picture a sheep trying to run with boots on (not happening):love:

WESTPORTMAFIA
11-02-2012, 11:07 AM
It's back to normal.

Redsoxticket
11-02-2012, 11:17 AM
It's back to normal.

Just like that, did you do anything?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device