View Full Version : Surf Club Challenge

saajr
10-19-2012, 05:17 AM
As of today FRI only have 8 clubs for the contest . Hopefully have a good turn out for the breakfast good cause and i think good time.First look at next years 20 year T-Shirts .The silk screen is black so limited on colors for shirts looking at gray but light blue or safety yellow or orange is an option.

tlapinski
10-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Cool! Been fishing the tourney since the first or second year. Any chance of listing the winning clubs on the shirt too?

rizzo
10-19-2012, 08:30 AM
That would be cool, on the back?

Looks like tonight's conditions will be interesting as usual...

tlapinski
10-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Looks like tonight's conditions will be interesting as usual...

Right on cue!
TODAY
SE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KT THIS
AFTERNOON. GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT. PATCHY FOG. A
CHANCE OF SHOWERS THIS MORNING. RAIN WITH ISOLATED TSTMS THIS
AFTERNOON. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

TONIGHT
SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT...BECOMING
S 15 TO 20 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. PATCHY FOG. RAIN.
VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

SAT
S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SW 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP
TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. PATCHY FOG. A CHANCE
OF SHOWERS. VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.

SAT NIGHT
SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING W 5 TO 10 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT.

SUN
W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 4 TO
6 FT.

bart
10-19-2012, 09:51 AM
I think some big fish will be weighed in this year with all the big bait around...

saajr
10-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Dont think will be able to list winning clubs .The company thats doing the shirts waved the silk screen fee for me but i will check into it .Wont be able to list 20th year winner as shirts will be done up before that.Have two hats that i did up for the raffle table.

JohnR
10-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Nice shirts - I'd be in for a few if it had 20 years of winning team names on the back - if practical

fishrick
10-21-2012, 07:42 PM
It was a great tourney, with a great turnout. Some difficult fishing, mornings seemed better, largest was just under 24lbs. Shirts were a really popular idea and will sell well, both styles.

Great cause. Thanks.

ivanputski
10-22-2012, 07:23 AM
I would think the idea of all the winners over the years is mandatory... even if it costs a bit more. The shirt is about history, and should reflect that history. great design!

wader-dad
10-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I think it would help if somewhere the initials for "MS" was on the front- even if just in small letters some place.

We have raised a good amount for Multiple Sclerosis and it may give more reason for more clubs to join and guys to participate.

Has the charity been MS for all 20 years- I think it has been for the last 10 or so?

JohnR
10-22-2012, 10:50 AM
I think it would help if somewhere the initials for "MS" was on the front- even if just in small letters some place.

We have raised a good amount for Multiple Sclerosis and it may give more reason for more clubs to join and guys to participate.

Has the charity been MS for all 20 years- I think it has been for the last 10 or so?

I want to say the last 6 years or so it has been MS. It was for the MDA before that.

ivanputski
10-22-2012, 10:58 AM
did sb participate this year? definitely fewer clubs this year

shadow
10-22-2012, 11:37 AM
I didn't notice Newport county neither? I hope next year there more clubs participating
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Strider
10-22-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm pretty sure SB and others clubs did participate. Most important is the monies raised for MS. As usual it was a nasty weekend, very little love from mother nature.

Redsoxticket
10-22-2012, 03:45 PM
The title should be imbedded in storm clouds to reflect the typical weather pattern of the tournament. The word "The" in the title should be omitted, just saying but what do I know.

JohnR
10-22-2012, 05:00 PM
The title should be imbedded in storm clouds to reflect the typical weather pattern of the tournament. The word "The" in the title should be omitted, just saying but what do I know.

:rotf2:

With 8' Surf in the background :rotf2:

Ian
10-22-2012, 05:28 PM
:rotf2:

With 8' Surf in the background :rotf2:

Coming at you like a freight train with 4 more right behind it... man Friday was nuts

stinkyink
10-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Coming at you like a freight train with 4 more right behind it... man Friday was nuts

Friday night was crazy indeed. Fished within the boundaries in the tourney to pick up nothing but a bunch of whitewater in my face. Decided to change locations outside the boundaries to at least make my trip worthwhile and get out of the wind into calmer surf. picked up 1 blue that would have put some nice points on the board for SB but there were guidelines. Congrats to the csa guys i think they beat there lbs from last year by at least 40 this year

WoodyCT
10-22-2012, 08:25 PM
I didn't notice Newport county neither? I hope next year there more clubs participating

They are inconvenienced by the fall boundaries. They have to deal the bridges to get there, then on the way home, and if they have to weigh fish on Saturday once the shops open it's back and forth again. And then there's the trek to the Andrea. Lots of toll and gas $.

saajr
10-23-2012, 06:23 AM
The contest went well even with the weather .I will post all info shortly as soon as Jimmy gets it to me.Dont have final money but it was around 1600 raised.CT surcasters repeat winners 100 lbs they just hammerd all the other teams.As far as shirts we will be doing 20 year shirt and then after next years contest there will be special edition shirt for the 20 years with winners on the shirt no info on that yet .Ithink the final numbers on the breakfast was 112 was a great turnout.Thanks to all.

Linesider82
10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
The contest went well even with the weather .I will post all info shortly as soon as Jimmy gets it to me.Dont have final money but it was around 1600 raised.CT surcasters repeat winners 100 lbs they just hammerd all the other teams.As far as shirts we will be doing 20 year shirt and then after next years contest there will be special edition shirt for the 20 years with winners on the shirt no info on that yet .Ithink the final numbers on the breakfast was 112 was a great turnout.Thanks to all.

Any final numbers? I agree great tourney, great turnout, & an excellent cause! Did the local newspaper write an article about the tourney?

-Matt