View Full Version : Romney's son just bought a voting machine company in Ohio??

Nebe
10-20-2012, 06:19 PM
realllllyyyy?????

Diebold part 2 is underway apparently.

spence
10-20-2012, 07:16 PM
I thought you were joking but as a sucker I googled it and it's a real story.

This has to be disclosed somewhere I'd imagine...right?

-spence

Nebe
10-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Spence why did you doubt me ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
10-21-2012, 04:15 PM
No one has any comments?? No defense of this?? Or are you Romney supports just going to turn a blind eye to this.. This is corruption beyond imagination

Jackbass
10-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah I am sure federal election commissioners across fifty states are going to allow tampering with the popular vote. Certainly is a conflict of interest but If the electoral college truly decides the vote their are two ways Obama can lose.

Jackbass
10-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Does anyone have a link to the NY times article. Most of the top searches were bloggers and Zealots.

I want to know web Solamere purchased the shares of the company. None of the bloggisphere seems to report that.

Raider Ronnie
10-21-2012, 05:53 PM
No one has any comments?? No defense of this?? Or are you Romney supports just going to turn a blind eye to this.. This is corruption beyond imagination

"This is corruption beyond imagination"
Really ?
What do you consider the ACORN vote 4 years ago ???

Nebe
10-21-2012, 06:10 PM
So that makes this ok?

Jackbass
10-21-2012, 06:33 PM
No it does not make this right. But like I said we do not have the facts on this transaction either.

Raider Ronnie
10-21-2012, 06:34 PM
So that makes this ok?

ACORN was ok the last time around ?
So Ronmey's son bought a company that makes the machines.
That mean they will be rigged to only punch the R.
Even if that was the case, what ever it takes to get this guy out of office!
This country can't continue another 4 years of this.

buckman
10-22-2012, 05:34 AM
I would say the timing is a bit odd . ....it was probably in the works along time ago maybe even before his father decided to run. :)

spence
10-22-2012, 05:49 AM
I would say the timing is a bit odd . ....it was probably in the works along time ago maybe even before his father decided to run. :)

He's been running for 6 years!

buckman
10-22-2012, 06:22 AM
He's been running for 6 years!

Your too easy to bait
I was just playing off one of your many excuses for the President :)

spence
10-22-2012, 06:37 AM
I'm waiting for a delayed flight, there is no bait to easy.

PaulS
10-22-2012, 07:05 AM

There is no proof of corruption. Your acting like a righty. Next you'll be complaining the polls are schewed and the questions are biased.

scottw
10-22-2012, 07:29 AM
There is no proof of corruption. Your acting like a righty.

we're 15-now 16 posts in and there doesn't appear to be any proof of anything :uhuh:

Jackbass
10-22-2012, 07:50 AM
I googled this and found info from the bloggisphere who said the NY times broke the story still have yet to find that story. There is news of this going back as far as September. The whole story is a bit diluted. If there were any chance that this was an attempt to tamper. I imagine the msnbc CNN CBS etc would have it. The other outlet that has something on it is Huffington that is hardly a true news outlet.

The Dad Fisherman
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Romney Family Investment Ties To Voting Machine Company That Could Decide The Election Causing Concern - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/10/20/romney-family-investment-ties-to-voting-machine-company-that-could-decide-the-election-causes-concern/)

Jackbass
10-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Romney Family Investment Ties To Voting Machine Company That Could Decide The Election Causing Concern - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/10/20/romney-family-investment-ties-to-voting-machine-company-that-could-decide-the-election-causes-concern/)

I just read that article as well. The author paints a nice fictitious account of a potential issue based on the Diebold problems of 2007. The issues with those machines were picked up by the election commission! I do agree there is a conflict. But is the Romney family involved
With the operations of the company?

I want to see Romney win. I want to see Some one focus on making money as opposed to spending it. He is not my first choice for POTUS but he is the lesser of two evils and that is where we are in this country.

I do want it to be a fair election however. I don't want anyone to win or lose based on fake acorn votes or tainted voting machines.

buckman
10-22-2012, 08:34 AM
If its true and I see nothing at this point to prove it is , I will be concerned that someone on Romney's side is this stupid

Bronko
10-22-2012, 08:36 AM
I think its rather refreshing. 4 years ago The Black Panthers threatening voters and the ACORN debacle were pooh-poohed here by the resident liberals, I choose to do the same. We'll call it even no?.

The Dad Fisherman
10-22-2012, 08:43 AM
I just read that article as well. The author paints a nice fictitious account of a potential issue based on the Diebold problems of 2007. The issues with those machines were picked up by the election commission! I do agree there is a conflict. But is the Romney family involved
With the operations of the company?

I was just posting up something that was more than just a blog about it...it is from Forbes.

Jackbass
10-22-2012, 08:57 AM
I agree I was going to link it as well you beat me to the punch.

fishbones
10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
I was just posting up something that was more than just a blog about it...it is from Forbes.

Just because it's on the Forbes webstie doesn't make it credible. Did you actually see who wrote the article?

Rick Ungar, Contributor

Writing from the left on politics and policy.

And by the way, it's an op/ed piece. The "op" is short for opinion. So, in short, it's pretty much the same as a blog article.

fishbones
10-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Here's how the author of that piece describes himself on the Forbes site.
Forbes Contributor Profile Rick Ungar (http://blogs.forbes.com/people/rickungar/)

The Dad Fisherman
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
I know its an Op/Ed piece....like I said, I just put it up there because it was more than just a blog post.

Personally I could give 2 chits about it.....just more BS thats all

Swimmer
10-22-2012, 10:09 AM
"This is corruption beyond imagination"
Really ?
What do you consider the ACORN vote 4 years ago ???

With members of certain groups standing outside polling places with nightclubs in the hands during the last presedential ellection, childsplay for most, I'm sure.

Whats wrong with him buying the company? Once they sell the mchaines to differents municipalities they dont have anything to do with them. Much ado about nothing. Grasping at straws at best when the opposition is up 7 % in the Gallup poles.

PaulS
10-22-2012, 10:32 AM
I know its an Op/Ed piece....like I said, I just put it up there because it was more than just a blog post.

Since when doesn't an op ed piece validate anyone's point here? :rotf2:

striperman36
10-22-2012, 11:30 AM
through Bain Capital in 2011, old story