View Full Version : Fishing Near Utica NY in November

Got Stripers
10-25-2012, 09:01 AM
I have to go check out a manufacturing facility in upstate NY and I hate to just drive that far up and back without maybe breaking it up. I don't own neoprene waders, but are there any opportunities for maybe a riverboat guided trip for these big ass salmon I see people posting. I'm thinking a guided trip because like I said, I don't own the appropriate gear or likely rods-reels. The other thought might be smallmouth bass fishing in the area. Looks like I'm heading up the week of the 12th, so maybe a trip on the 11th weather permitting.

DZ
10-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Take a hour or two ride to Pulaski and book a float trip for steelhead/salmon.

DZ

rizzo
10-25-2012, 09:28 AM
No doubt Steelhead trip to Pulaski or one of the tribs.

Linesider82
10-25-2012, 09:57 AM
I agree with Dennis go for the steel. If you are blessed with snotty weather, cold and rainy, it is the absolute best for steelhead. I had the pleasure of living in the ADKS for two years and I miss the unlimited fishing opportunities. Caught my PB Northern Pike in the Saranac River from a canoe on topwater. Good luck to you and have fun!

Got Stripers
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Anyone have any good references for a guide I could contact?

DZ
10-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Randy Jones

Pulaski NY Salmon River Steelhead Salmon Drift Boat 2012/13 Fishing Report Guide (http://www.yankeeangler.com/)

He guides Cape Cod in summer and Pulaski in fall/winter.

Lots more up there - just google fishing guides pulaski.

DZ

rizzo
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the Tinker Tavern Lodge & Guide Service (http://www.tinkertavernlodge.com/)

Scott Glazier, 315-298-3143. Hes been a family friend for years and we try to stay at his place every year. Great guy, low key, down to earth and you'll learn all you want to know about the river and what to do if you plan a trip back solo as well. Been getting a lot of press lately, was on the cover of On The Water's last issue and has been on a few TV episodes.

flyvice11787
10-25-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't think the water's that cold yet. Doubt you need neoprenes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JackK
10-25-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't even wear neeps in February when wading the SR... Good wool socks and layers are all you need.