View Full Version : Good Luck to All

nightfighter
10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Sandy's track seems pretty well set. Best of luck to all of you in NJ NY and CT. You will bear the brunt of it. Not to say that RI and MA aren't going to be hit...... Sharing info and pics might be good. Be safe and check in here when you can.

Mike P
10-27-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm not so sure that it's written in stone. The ECMWF model keeps on having it come farther and father north before it makes that left turn. Looks like landfall is now predicted between LBI and Sandy Hook. Bad news for NYC and LI. Keep in mind that the strongest winds and highest storm surges are on the east side of the storm, usually. Now they're saying TS force winds extending 500 miles from the center.

It won't go west very long, either. They have it turning straight north around the NY/PA border. Also very bad news for the areas drowned by Irene last year. It is now forecast to maintain hurricane strength until landfall.

striperman36
10-27-2012, 05:20 PM
She may intensify after landfall
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Green Light
10-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Mother Nature is most unpredictable. Preparing for the worst.

Mike P
10-27-2012, 11:16 PM
FWIW, the GFS model, and the Navy's NOGAPS model, have it coming even farther north before the left turn. GFS has it making landfall in NYC, and NOGAPS has it hitting New England right in the kisser.

SurfCaster413
10-28-2012, 04:07 AM
Side note if your fishing in it watch out for the big waves I took a good one just after midnight, feels good to be dry now lol

Zeno
10-28-2012, 04:53 AM
this is nothing to take lightly..be careful out there

bart
10-28-2012, 05:24 AM
the calm before the storm..

Back Beach
10-28-2012, 05:27 AM
Heading to an east facing beach now for one last shot

bart
10-28-2012, 05:40 AM
you better hurry, you're going to miss the first light bite....

spence
10-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Looks like worse than last year but not terrible here, let's hope...

Could be an interesting storm surge pushing up the Sakonnet.

Awning removal will commence shortly.

-spence

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Since it was nice out yesterday I decided to wait until today to clean up the yard and put stuff away. Looks pretty sketchy out there

spence
10-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Doesn't it? I'm taking down the awning and it's like there's like a brooding evil lurking about.

I don't like it.

-spence

Tagger
10-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Been busting my B's since March ... all I can do now is cross my fingers ... Sandy have mercy .. too late to take a hard right out to sea ? Sandy you are not Welcome !!!!

spence
10-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Been busting my B's since March ... all I can do now is cross my fingers ... Sandy have mercy .. too late to take a hard right out to sea ? Sandy you are not Welcome !!!!

You might want to weigh that roof down with a few sand bags :faga:

Great looking shack though.

-spence

striperman36
10-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Nhc is still sticking to mid nj on the 0500 update . It is just going to be where the storm bounces off the Canadian high that will dictate the turn.

piemma
10-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Heading to an east facing beach now for one last shot

Yeah, that figures. You haven't wet a line twice since May so now you are going to Ballston:smash:

piemma
10-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Doesn't it? I'm taking down the awning and it's like there's like a brooding evil lurking about.

I don't like it.

-spence

I wish we were on the Block!!!

spence
10-28-2012, 08:14 AM
I wish we were on the Block!!!

Perhaps though, only for the next 24 hours :fishin:

-spence

piemma
10-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Still, it would be a wild place to ride this one out

Rob Rockcrawler
10-28-2012, 08:18 AM
24 hours will be turning into 2-3 days real quick, that purple flag might get torn down.

piemma
10-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Rob, you gonna be out there next weekend? We are headed out on the first ferry Friday for 4 days.

PaulS
10-28-2012, 08:34 AM
We had mandatory evac. but since I'm far enough from LI sound where we won't get the storm surge, we're not leaving. Gonna take a car to a nearby shopping center w/some toiletries and clothes in case we have to leave. Live close to the marina and yest. it was constant cars going by getting their boats out.

Good luck to everyone.

ProfessorM
10-28-2012, 08:35 AM
good luck Eddie. Was thinking about you late last nite as I went over bridge with my boat looking out at BB.

I'll be hitting the canal tomorrow morn before work for a look see.

striperman36
10-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Long Beach Island, NJ Beach Cam - Surfers View (http://thesurfersview.com/live-beach-cams/south-jersey/beach-haven-lbi)

Waaayy up the beach in Beach haven

sabe
10-28-2012, 08:43 AM
bait fish driven into the shore, blues and bass blitzing through them,waves crashing,wind howling,rain blowing sideways, east beaches will be a blast to fish this afternoon. have to cast metal to get through the wind but they will hit anything in these conditions. get's better as conditions worsen

nightfighter
10-28-2012, 10:08 AM
bait fish driven into the shore, blues and bass blitzing through them,waves crashing,wind howling,rain blowing sideways, east beaches will be a blast to fish this afternoon. have to cast metal to get through the wind but they will hit anything in these conditions. get's better as conditions worsen

I was hoping to find that this morning at Castle Rock reef, but only found building seas and no one home.... Had an hour there before I took a good wave and decided it had gotten too dangerous to stay. No one else was out.... Was really hoping for a good bite ahead of this storm and that was my only window to go. Sux.
Came home, covered boat and put her on front lawn, pointed NE and away from trees.

Rob Rockcrawler
10-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Rob, you gonna be out there next weekend? We are headed out on the first ferry Friday for 4 days.

Paul, im heading out in a few weeks right around the new moon, only for 3-4 days. Good luck out there.

DZ
10-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Still, it would be a wild place to ride this one out

Yea, sitting at the Beachhead Bar until the water comes through the doorway. Block is really amazing during storms.

DZ

Nebe
10-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Yea, sitting at the Beachhead Bar until the water comes through the doorway. Block is really amazing during storms.

DZ

Paradise Alcatraz

Swimmer
10-28-2012, 10:57 AM
This house before any storm and in excellant weather is losing .87 feet of beachfront a day. If there is nothing that can be done it will be gone in the spring anyway, Sandy will certainly hasten that.

piemma
10-28-2012, 11:01 AM

DZ

Was there in 89 with my wife for one of those. Sat in a hot tub at the 1661 Manisse Hotel drinking VSOP and watching waves break over the point

Swimmer
10-28-2012, 11:21 AM
There is a crew from New Bedford that was brought over from Nantucket that were installing "bamboo' logs at waters edge, but were having difficulty doing that because thier equipment was being immersed in the water every day. Even at low tide the water was at the cliffs base. There is a house nearby that the owners ask the "Trustees" if they would sell some land to them behind it and the "Trustees" refused, knowing that they will own the property at some point anyways.

JackK
10-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Rain just started heavy here in PA. Looks like we're gonna get walloped.