View Full Version : a little snow squall this morning

striprman
11-05-2012, 06:15 PM
about 6-7 AM

BatesBCheatin
11-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Because no one else I have spoken to saw snow that morning? Was fun catching in the white stuff, but I won't miss it all that much. After the nor'easter passes... back to the balmy 50's or maybe 60 with a wind out of the south. :)

striprman
11-07-2012, 04:15 PM
saw a few flakes at the start of the storm

wader-dad
11-07-2012, 04:18 PM
5 inches in Orange CT

Saltheart
11-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Snowing like a Blizzard at my house right now. Just a half inch on the ground but its snowing hard and the wind is blowing it sideways. Some good gusts too.

Blowng from the N at 25 with gusts to 35. predicting 3 to 5 inches.

man! Its too early for this crap!

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 05:40 PM
wow, its going to be bizarre hearing the winter updates. I am having dinner by the pool tonight and goign for a swim. Still in the 80s here in tex.

wader dad - dint realize you were in CT, I grew up in Derby, just over the line from Orange.

wader-dad
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
wader dad - dint realize you were in CT, I grew up in Derby, just over the line from Orange.

So how was fishing at the Derby Dam when you were a kid? Shoulder to Shoulder on the Derby side during the herring run.

ProfessorM
11-07-2012, 07:08 PM
wow, its going to be bizarre hearing the winter updates. I am having dinner by the pool tonight and goign for a swim. Still in the 80s here in tex.

I'll think of you on your 75th consecutive day of over 100 degrees next summer

HESH2
11-08-2012, 07:49 AM
got 12'' snow where i'm at and its nov.

RIJIMMY
11-08-2012, 01:11 PM
I'll think of you on your 75th consecutive day of over 100 degrees next summer

a/c at work, a/c at home, a/c in the car, nice deep cool swimming pool and weekends running around the lakes tubing, swimming etc. Nice nights out on the patio, plenty of outdoor restaurants, etc
I'll take 100 degree, dry weather over a NE winter any day!

fishbones
11-08-2012, 01:59 PM
a/c at work, a/c at home, a/c in the car, nice deep cool swimming pool and weekends running around the lakes tubing, swimming etc. Nice nights out on the patio, plenty of outdoor restaurants, etc

And you can always just run down to the ocean. Oh wait, never mind. You're not anywhere near the coast. I guess you give up one thing for another.

piemma
11-08-2012, 02:03 PM

I'm tellin' ya Jimmy, God will get you for this. Tornado, violet T-storms, hiccups, heartburn, sumthin'. You cannot keep doing this to us.:smash:

RIJIMMY
11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
i cant tell you how gorgeous it is out today, @ 75 blue skies,,,,,

ProfessorM
11-08-2012, 05:16 PM

me too. I lived in San Antonio for a year and U would never see anyone outside during the day, ever, in summer. Even the laborers took the afternoon off, Siesta. Texas Hill Country lakes were awesome. God I hate what is in store for the next several months. Dallas area does get cold though in the winter for a short period of time but not the dark doldrums we get up here.

RIJIMMY
11-09-2012, 11:22 AM
me too. I lived in San Antonio for a year and U would never see anyone outside during the day, ever, in summer. Even the laborers took the afternoon off, Siesta. Texas Hill Country lakes were awesome. God I hate what is in store for the next several months. Dallas area does get cold though in the winter for a short period of time but not the dark doldrums we get up here.

yeah, I think winter down here is 4-6 weeks, February is considered spring.
Pool has a heater and no need to winerize the boat so I'll be fishing and swimming year round. Also have a nice outdoor fireplace and hot tub for evening drinks and mad lovin'. Not rubbing it in, every place has its pro and cons. I just hate winter so much it is nice to be down here and I feel so removed from what you guys are experiencing.

striperman36
11-09-2012, 11:23 AM
yeah, I think winter down here is 4-6 weeks, February is considered spring.
Pool has a heater and no need to winerize the boat so I'll be fishing and swimming year round. Also have a nice outdoor fireplace and hot tub for evening drinks and mad lovin'. Not rubbing it in, every place has its pro and cons. I just hate winter so much it is nice to be down here and I feel so removed from what you guys are experiencing.

I don't see the invite anywhere's

RIJIMMY
11-09-2012, 11:28 AM
all invites were sent via Scott Brown's senate office. Since you guys couldnt pull off an easy win I suppose they'll end up in the recycle bin

ProfessorM
11-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I think I will just hibernate this year. Setting the alarm for May 1st.