Sgt Striper
11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
It could happen. Are you ready?

striperman36
11-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I saw offshore activity when I was down in NJ. Could happen big time down there

onecastmike2003
11-08-2012, 06:26 AM
I lost a korker yesterday that had a field day with my V reel. Then when i see how big her tail is She spits the plug back at me .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ivanputski
11-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Ok... here's a question for you guys...

* If you could go back in time to the snowstorm blitz, and you could only bring ONE plug with you... (no replacement hooks, rings, nothing.) what would it be?

I myself have to give this some thought, but i am thinking a fluorescent green over white loaded Super strike needle , with 6X 5/0 cut vmc on the belly and a mustad 9510 siwash 9/0 on the tail... shoot... maybe a tuna hook!

onecastmike2003
11-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Floating have dead white bottle popper with a bucktail 4x vmc

chefchris401
11-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Lou it happened the other day, only for an hour or so, but small fish, biggest was low 30s but awesome fishing. I got some really good pics too, once my Internet is back up ill upload em.

Nothing like DZ experience but a first for me. Good day.

Rappin Mikey
11-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Cosidering where it happened I would have to say an olive or chertruse needle.

DZ
11-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Probably a BI green needle (Gibbs) with two 5/0 6X trebles fitted with a 300 lb belly swivel. Will then remove rear treble and hold as a spare. As fish destroy the remaining belly treble I’ll do my best to bend them back into shape – if not possible I’ll snip off the destroyed points and continue to fish it until the remaining points are destroyed – then I’ll attach the former rear treble to the belly swivel and use until they clean my clock. Can I bring my VS300? Oh, to think of the classic hook-ups to freight trains I could have possibly turned if that reel had been available back then.

tysdad115
11-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Probably a BI green needle (Gibbs) with two 5/0 6X trebles fitted with a 300 lb belly swivel. Will then remove rear treble and hold as a spare. As fish destroy the remaining belly treble I’ll do my best to bend them back into shape – if not possible I’ll snip off the destroyed points and continue to fish it until the remaining points are destroyed – then I’ll attach the former rear treble to the belly swivel and use until they clean my clock. Can I bring my VS300? Oh, to think of the classic hook-ups to freight trains I could have possibly turned if that reel had been available back then.
I really have to read that book..your description here assures I will have it soon.

DZ
11-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I really have to read that book..your description here assures I will have it soon.

How often can you hook up with THREE DIFFERENT FREIGHT TRAIN COWS on a single cast? And lose all three? Plug comes back with mangled trebles. They had their way with me - very special.

blondterror
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM

I could put two 6X 5/0s on this BI Green Wadd needle and it would be ready to go to battle. It has a 310lb Krok swivel so it should be up to the task if the cows come home to BI