View Full Version : So heres to 4 more years

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 08:15 AM
It was a blow out.
Not to pat myself on the back but I called in months ago and remained consistent. I never thought Romney had a chance.
I blame a lousy campaign from Romney and
headlines on republicans saying stupid things

On CNN this morning, they are discussing the fiscal cliff and a panel member asked what that means. Monsths of campaigns and debates and fiscal cliff never came up. Romney could have destroyed Obama on it, its the biggest issue facing this country. never came up.

Cannot believe Warren won MA. Disgusting.

So, I voted so I guess I have the right tho beyotch. Not looking forward to the same thing for the next 4 years.

spence
11-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I think the GOP needs to take a long look in the mirror.

Romney lost for the same reason McCain lost. They bowed to the party loons instead of just being themselves and talking from the heart.

The GOP needs some intervention.

-spence

PRBuzz
11-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Cannot believe Warren won MA. Disgusting.

Warren won riding the coat tails of MA Obama voters, something like 75-80% of O voters voted W.

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 08:33 AM

Romney lost for the same reason McCain lost. They bowed to the party loons instead of just being themselves and talking from the heart.

-spence

I have to say i agree.

Nebe
11-07-2012, 08:37 AM
I agree as well. There are too many fundamentalists running around calling themselves conservatives in the GOP. Just my opinion of course.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jackbass
11-07-2012, 08:37 AM

-spence

I think both parties need to take a long look in the mirror. At some point in time somebody has to put partisan politics aside and work together to get anything done That will have Substantive value to our Society.

At this point in time. I feel like people are more swayed by whether or not a candidate is red or blue. I'm not talking about people to educate themselves with the issues. But those that get their views from the nightly news. Regardless of whether or not it's Fox ABC NBC CNN whomever. We as a people would be better served If our candidates were not held to party lines and could vote based on beliefs.
I honestly thought we had that with Scott Brown the way he voted he could've been Democrat or Republican. But he got beat. So it's more the same on the hill now.

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 08:43 AM
I think both parties need to take a long look in the mirror. At some point in time somebody has to put partisan politics aside and work together to get anything done That will have Substantive value to our Society.

At this point in time. I feel like people are more swayed by whether or not a candidate is red or blue. I'm not talking about people to educate themselves with the issues. But those that get their views from the nightly news. Regardless of whether or not it's Fox ABC NBC CNN whomever. We as a people would be better served If our candidates were not held to party lines and could vote based on beliefs.
I honestly thought we had that with Scott Brown the way he voted he could've been Democrat or Republican. But he got beat. So it's more the same on the hill now.

I have followed the banter on Facebook and I cannot believe the hatred and misinformation from many of my educated friends. Its like the National Enquirer is running the country.

BigFish
11-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Yeah I see it too RI.....people calling other people terrible things because of the choice they made! This is a Democracy after all....we all have a choice and need to respect others choices not belittle them for it if we do not agree!

likwid
11-07-2012, 09:16 AM
I agree as well. There are too many fundamentalists running around calling themselves conservatives in the GOP. Just my opinion of course.

dirka dirka?

JohnR
11-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Hope the next 4 are better than the last 4.

-spence

Yep.

Yep.

buckman
11-07-2012, 09:28 AM
President Obama said he was going to roll up his sleeves and fix the mess he inherited from the last 4 years :)
Is it just me or does Warren have the most annoying voice?

justplugit
11-07-2012, 09:28 AM
I got out voted, so it is what it is.
I'll let the pundits tell me why, but it was fun bantering back and forth here.

Buckman, you always crack me up. :D

Jackbass
11-07-2012, 09:29 AM
I have followed the banter on Facebook and I cannot believe the hatred and misinformation from many of my educated friends. Its like the National Enquirer is running the country.

It has been kind of funny my favorite quote of the day

"My Uterus is safe for another 4 years"

As if a band of Ninjas was climbing into her birth canal to attack reproductive organs and Obama fought them off lol.

The Dad Fisherman
11-07-2012, 09:38 AM

I'm pretty sure that was what was said after the 2008 election.

and I agree....

JohnR
11-07-2012, 09:39 AM
It has been kind of funny my favorite quote of the day

"My Uterus is safe for another 4 years"

As if a band of Ninjas was climbing into her birth canal to attack reproductive organs and Obama fought them off lol.

It wasn't going to be an issue and likely will never be an issue but if Republicans can never find a way to stop shooting themselves in the foot, they will never appeal to enough to get over the top.

RIROCKHOUND
11-07-2012, 09:42 AM
It wasn't going to be an issue and likely will never be an issue but if Republicans can never find a way to stop shooting themselves in the foot, they will never appeal to enough to get over the top.

I disagree... Romney would have had 1-3 justices to replace on the SCOTUS... that could have meant serious changes in many social issues....

JohnR
11-07-2012, 10:02 AM
I disagree... Romney would have had 1-3 justices to replace on the SCOTUS... that could have meant serious changes in many social issues....

And I don't think the most contentious issues: Roe-v-Wade, would get overturned in the most basic sense.

Jackbass
11-07-2012, 10:04 AM

I agree whole heartedly kind of a ridiculous argument when you can not get congress to pass a budget. Do people truly feel they will be able write legislation that will get through the house and the senate signed into law by the POTUS and then get past the SCOTUS. Really? But Rachel Maddow said....

As far as Conservatives shooting them selves in the foot you are correct. To be viewed in a positive light as a conservative you have to be politically correct and never have said anything disparaging about any group ever. Otherwise you get crucified. Look at the legs the Binder comment had. By the same token Biden says they will put you back in chains and it is barely an issue? Sign of the times.

RIROCKHOUND
11-07-2012, 10:06 AM
And I don't think the most contentious issues: Roe-v-Wade, would get overturned in the most basic sense.

With three more Scalia's and Thomas'?

I disagree..

Ian
11-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Fiscal and social policy... what a terrible pair... They are so intertwined these days that its a stalemate, no matter who is in office.

People need to remember that spending cuts mean job losses... the Government employs people too. Where are those people going to work if we just up and cut their jobs? Its a slippery slope...

If no deal is reached by the 1st of the year, this "fiscal cliff", do we declare bankruptcy?

Jackbass
11-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Fiscal and social policy... what a terrible pair... They are so intertwined these days that its a stalemate, no matter who is in office.

People need to remember that spending cuts mean job losses... the Government employs people too. Where are those people going to work if we just up and cut their jobs? Its a slippery slope...

If no deal is reached by the 1st of the year, this "fiscal cliff", do we declare bankruptcy?

Hopefully they shut down government like the Clinton years and lock congress on Capitol hill until they have a budget passed.

Ian
11-07-2012, 10:23 AM
I wonder how much of our debt could be restructured if we declared bankruptcy... just thinking out loud. I remember when the auto companies were allowed to negotiate with the unions they had been fighting with for years. They were able to lower the unbelievably comprehensive benefits their members were getting, freeing up money down the line.

Given the people I know who are living on Government pensions or benefits that are so far above what is available these days, it might do our national debt some good to be able to restructure that stuff....

buckman
11-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Back to work Spence!!!!!
The Dow is reacting

Jim in CT
11-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Spence, the GOP doesn't need to look in the mirror. We got beat worse in 2008, and everyone said we needed to look in the mirror. Yet we opened a can of whoop-ass in 2010 (led by the Tea Party, not due to changing the core values). Why did we do well in 2010? Because the lefty media cannot circle their wagons around hundrdes of senate and house candidates, as effectively as they can around one presidential candidate.

The GOP's core beliefs are a small federal government, preciousness of life, nurturing individual liberty, supporting the free market, and encouraging charity. We don't need to re-tool that message. We just need to find more forums for an honest discussion about those ideas, rather than having to endlessly defend ourselves against baseless charges of racism, sexism, hating poor people, homophobia, Islamophobia, war crimes, and cannibalism. We need to educate people on what we actually believe, as opposed to what Rachael Maddow claims we believe. THAT'S the challenge. And it may not be possible, because we only have one network that doesn't paint us as monsters, and not that many folks watch Foxnews.

Example - Obama and the media went out of their way to paint Romney as a greedy plutocrat who cared more about profits than people. That sounds great. But the truth is that Romney, like most Mormons, did a 2 year unpaid service mission for his church. Then, when the daughter of a Bain capital employee went missing in New York, Romney closed the company, bussed the emloyees to NYC, and worked with police to help find her. Yet all you hear, on every network except one, is that Romney is a greedy plutocrat who wants to take from the poor and give to the rich. Dishonest, but effective.

I predict the Dems will do well at the national level for the next 15 years or so. During that time, 2 things will happen. (1) the debt will grow by more than $1 trillion a year, and (2) 10,000 Baby Boomers a day will turn 65 and look to collect medicare and social security benefits. Those 2 things are on a collision course. When they collide, we;ll go through a recession that makes 2008 look like the roaring 1920's, and then things will change.

People are not opposed to what conservatives stand for. People are opposed to what liberals (and the media) claim that we stand for. Big difference.

Finally Spence, if yuo recall, I bet Romney would win and that the GOP wpuld gain seats in Congress. You clobbered me in that bet. So you get to name your charity, make it as liberal as you wish, and I'll give them $100.

JohnnyD
11-07-2012, 10:47 AM

-spence
I've been saying this since the start of the primaries when Ron Paul and his followers were being dismissed. From what I've seen reported, Gary Johnson received more votes than any previous Libertarian candidate. The people I personally know who voted for him did so because there was no chance they'd vote for Obama but couldn't justify a vote for Romney.

The GOP completely alienated a voting base that very-well could have won them the election, even with the pathetic candidate they put out there.

http://i.imgur.com/GHxyX.png

Mr. Sandman
11-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Some investment advise for the next 4 years:
(I am serious)
List of Inverse ETFs (Short ETFs / Bear ETFs) ? TraderMike.net (http://www.tradermike.net/inverse-short-etfs-bearish-etf-funds/)

Typhoon
11-07-2012, 11:08 AM
I've been saying this since the start of the primaries when Ron Paul and his followers were being dismissed. From what I've seen reported, Gary Johnson received more votes than any previous Libertarian candidate. The people I personally know who voted for him did so because there was no chance they'd vote for Obama but couldn't justify a vote for Romney.

The GOP completely alienated a voting base that very-well could have won them the election, even with the pathetic candidate they put out there.

http://i.imgur.com/GHxyX.png

I'm a huge Ron Paul guy (fiscal conservative, social libertarian)and I refused to vote for Mitt. (not that a Massachusetts vote mattered).

What I cannot stand is that the blatant liar Liawatha and the complete crook Tierney were voted into office in Massachusetts because they had a D next to their names.

Jim in CT
11-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Some investment advise for the next 4 years:
(I am serious)
List of Inverse ETFs (Short ETFs / Bear ETFs) ? TraderMike.net (http://www.tradermike.net/inverse-short-etfs-bearish-etf-funds/)

Damn right. Stocks are over-valued, bonds are a disaster waiting to happen (interest rates have nowhere to go but up).

Sandman, in the long run, you cannot lose money by betting against Obama's ability to nurture the free market.

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 11:35 AM
DOW is down 319

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
There was some good news!

Voters in Washington state and Colorado appear to have voted "yes" on measures that would legalize the sale of pot to adults, without the need for a doctor's prescription

Jim in CT
11-07-2012, 11:44 AM
I wonder how much of our debt could be restructured if we declared bankruptcy... just thinking out loud. I remember when the auto companies were allowed to negotiate with the unions they had been fighting with for years. They were able to lower the unbelievably comprehensive benefits their members were getting, freeing up money down the line.

Given the people I know who are living on Government pensions or benefits that are so far above what is available these days, it might do our national debt some good to be able to restructure that stuff....

Lots of debt will be restructured in future bankruptcies. The demographic earthquake known as The Baby Boomers will ensure that, because we could tax everyone at 100% and still not have enough for the benefits they have been promised. In 2012, about a dozen cities in the US filed bankruptcy, and every single one of them used bankruptcy laws to reduce benefit payments to levels that could reasonably be provided. That will happen more and more, it's unavoidable, especially after last night.

My friends who are teachers are all liberal, because they think conservatives want to screw them. On the contrary. It's liberal politicians who are screwing unionized workers (at least those who are younger than Baby Boomers) by promising benefits that can never, ever be paid for. I have no idea what will happen to those teachers when they are 65 and told their pension plan is belly-up. God help them.

Mr. Sandman
11-07-2012, 12:14 PM
"could tax everyone at 100% and still not have enough for the benefits they have been promised"

Exactly right. For some reason, liberals don't seem to grasp that, from those that I have spoken to they seem to think..."It will work itself out somehow, but I need to still get that monthly check and I will vote for anyone who says they plan to send it to me." One person actually said..."the county's debt really doesn't effect me as far as I can see"...I am afraid that too many people really feel like this. (When the checks stop and a bill comes I think he will get the message quick)

I love the US but it is getting so I am really thinking of moving to a remote island in south pacific someplace and living out my days in a hut with a small boat and some light tackle.

striperman36
11-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Dow Plunges below 13,000

Yea, I guess we know how Wall St Feels

Jackbass
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM
The dreaded 1% say sell

MAKAI
11-07-2012, 12:32 PM
The man I work for told me today he's had it. Going to cash in the company and retire early to Costa Rica. Guess I'll just have to load up on melanin and change my name.

likwid
11-07-2012, 12:42 PM
The man I work for told me today he's had it. Going to cash in the company and retire early to Costa Rica. Guess I'll just have to load up on melanin and change my name.

Socialized healthcare there. :rotf2:

Typhoon
11-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I should of bought SWHC stock this morning in pre-market. I knew it would pop.

MAKAI
11-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Socgoodialized healthcare there:rotf2:

About to be here I assume. Fishing's good there though.

JohnnyD
11-07-2012, 01:07 PM
There was some good news!

Voters in Washington state and Colorado appear to have voted "yes" on measures that would legalize the sale of pot to adults, without the need for a doctor's prescription
Get this... I'm currently in Denver - flew in last night. My company is providing the technical production and A/V equipment for the first national medical marijuana conference that starts tomorrow.

Going to be a very interesting week.

mosholu
11-07-2012, 01:08 PM
The only thing that is giving me hope right now is that this election process was so dismal that there will be a grass root movement to bring in some type of term limits for the House and Senate. Personally I would like to see any person limited to two terms in the senate and three terms in the house. The term in the house should be changed from two years to four so these guys are not constantly looking for money. Finally no citizen can serve for a period more than 16 years total in the house and senate combined.

Would be nice if Obama and the Speaker come out and say they are going to a room and not coming out until they have a deal.

MAKAI
11-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Get this... I'm currently in Denver - flew in last night. My company is providing the technical production and A/V equipment for the first national medical marijuana conference that starts tomorrow.

Get some samples. My eyes are blurry.

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 01:51 PM

thats awesome, have fun

striperman36
11-07-2012, 02:32 PM

Nice work. you up in the catwalks? :jump1:

Mr. Sandman
11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
A Stern classic...typ. inner city Dem:

Howard Stern Exposes Obama Supporters 2012 (Official) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SeJbOU4nmHQ)#!

likwid
11-07-2012, 03:06 PM
A Stern classic...typ. inner city Dem:

Howard Stern Exposes Obama Supporters 2012 (Official) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SeJbOU4nmHQ)#!

And if Romney won we'd be seeing the same from middle america inbred hicks, whats the point?

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 03:16 PM
And if Romney won we'd be seeing the same from middle america inbred hicks, whats the point?

ahh, the liberal view of the middle class

likwid
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
ahh, the liberal view of the middle class

ahh, the elitist right putting words in people's mouths.

stay classy jimmy!

Mr. Sandman
11-07-2012, 03:25 PM
hang on...

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 03:27 PM
ahh, the elitist right putting words in people's mouths.

stay classy jimmy!

you call people "middle america inbred hicks" and Im an elitist and not classy?

too funny

likwid
11-07-2012, 03:33 PM
you call people "middle america inbred hicks" and Im an elitist and not classy?

too funny

Yes you are, because you can't formulate a coherent thought without making accusations or assumptions.

Keep up the partisan classist hackery. The kids dig it.

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Yes you are, because you can't formulate a coherent thought without making accusations or assumptions.

Keep up the partisan classist hackery. The kids dig it.

good argument, you make class remarks, you insult 50% of this country and I am the elitist classist hack.

Must feel great to be a liberal, you remind me so much of this South Park epsisode, fits you perfectly.

South Park best farts - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5YOzFuYMH8)

detbuch
11-07-2012, 04:42 PM

Which is why many social issues should be left to the states, not the Federal Government. 1-3 justices like Ginsberg, Soto-Mayor, and Kagan could mean serious changes in social issues as well. Depends on whose ox is being gored. You're all fine with SCOTUS imposing its will on the people as long as you like what is being imposed. But, oh no, forbid that it takes away some of your cherished rights. If Roe v. Wade were overturned, that does not mean that abortion, or other "rights" that you like would be denied. It would, as constitutionally prescribed, allow the people of the various states to decide.

Deciding to change the structure of our government and replace inalienable rights with centrally authoritatian government granted rights and allowing also that government to totally decide which rights are granted and which are not, merely so that some pet social issues are made universally manadatory is not only silly but the very dictatorship that you fear.

JohnR
11-07-2012, 04:57 PM
I didn't know there was an elitist right, I thought they were the one percent, the uberweathy greedy oppressor militiafunders or the puppeteers or something. I do know there is an elitist left.

spence
11-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Dow Plunges below 13,000

Yea, I guess we know how Wall St Feels

The market usually does pretty poorly the day after the election.

Add to that the looming fiscal cliff negotiation that we have to get through and it's going to make people very jittery short-term.

-spence

JohnR
11-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Add to that the looming fiscal cliff negotiation that we have to get through and it's going to make people very jittery short-term.

-spence

Wish THAT got more airtime in the past year.

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 05:17 PM

serously, is it a coincidence that its all over the media today but not mentioned in the mainstream (non-financial news) during the elections cycle? No debate question on how you would handle the fiscal cliff?

Raven
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
THE HORROR....

justplugit
11-07-2012, 05:51 PM
After hearing today that post vote interviews showed 21%
were influenced by Obama and Christie stepping over a 2x4 together after Sandy, reminds me of JDs remarks many months ago about stupid uneducated voters.

Nothing wrong with the Repub message, smaller govt.and fiscal responsibility,
just uneducated voters influenced by a blurb of cum bi ya on TV, forgetting they had hired a guy 4 years ago to do a job,which he failed at,and it was time to fire him.

JohnR
11-07-2012, 05:51 PM
serously, is it a coincidence that its all over the media today but not mentioned in the mainstream (non-financial news) during the elections cycle? No debate question on how you would handle the fiscal cliff?

I saw that on CNN this morning an' about Shat my pants

JohnR
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Nothing wrong with the Repub message, smaller govt.and fiscal responsibility,
just uneducated voters influenced by a blurb of cum bi ya on TV forgetting they had hired a guy 4 years ago to do a job,which he failed at,and it was time to fire him.

I know this will piss off a lot of die hard Rs of the highly religious bend, but if the swinging schwantzes in the R party keep talking about stuff like maybe a rape being a God's Will, then smaller government and fiscal responsibility will never make a difference.

I fear that should we stay on the same path WRT national debt / taxes / employment that it is not inconceivable that we are probably 4 election cycles away from a no #^&#^&#^&#^& civil war or serious state level discussions of secession. When Texas says Eff this what will stop them?

justplugit
11-07-2012, 06:49 PM
I know this will piss off a lot of die hard Rs of the highly religious bend, but if the swinging schwantzes in the R party keep talking about stuff like maybe a rape being a God's Will, then smaller government and fiscal responsibility will never make a difference.

I agree John, that's stupider than the stupid voters, if that's possible.

Jim in CT
11-07-2012, 07:05 PM

I fear that should we stay on the same path WRT national debt / taxes / employment that it is not inconceivable that we are probably 4 election cycles away from a no #^&#^&#^&#^& civil war or serious state level discussions of secession. When Texas says Eff this what will stop them?

"keep talking about stuff like maybe a rape being a God's Will"

Due respect John, that's not anywhere near what the man said. That's what the media claimed that he said. He specifically said rape was 'horrible'...I agree he shouldn't have said it, because you could predict how the lying liberal media would spin it. But in and of itself, it wasn't an offensive statement.

"even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen"

The 'it' he is referring to is not the rape, it's the spectacular creation of life...

nightfighter
11-07-2012, 07:24 PM
The market usually does pretty poorly the day after the election.

-spence

It has been there, buried by a biased media, and should have been exploited during the campaign. A lot of smart people dug their heads in the sand on this one. Gonna be hell to pay. Popular vote shows a clearly divided nation. Party system doesn't work. Too much money spent, especially here in Mass Senate race. Don't tell me that Warren doesn't owe a few votes for all that money.... Yes, I am disgusted. Already had two kitchen projects cancelled TODAY. Fiscal cliff effects will explode exponentially over the next four years. Given the first four years, it is clear that newly confirmed administration does not have the skill set to even recognize the impending fiscal disaster, nevermind having the experience and balls to reverse its direction. He got a pretty good review considering it's only his second job..... Good for him that he will never have to work in the private sector and actually have a perfomance review for his job. I'm going to continue hiding in plain sight. When the handouts end and the man comes to collect, I won't be found....

justplugit
11-07-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm going to continue hiding in plain sight. When the handouts end and the man comes to collect, I won't be found....

Can I come?
I guess Alex Baldwin won't be moving to New Zeland and will still
be here then. :huh:

detbuch
11-08-2012, 12:30 AM

The path we stay on is determined by the form of government from which that path is created. Our current system of government is no longer the founding system which would have made it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the Federal Government to spend us into such a massive debt. The founding system did not grant it the power to do so. The far greater power to spend and regulate and decide economic and social matters resided in sovereign states united by compact into a republic, not a democracy. Under the pretense of being purely a democracy, that original system has been, for the most part, discarded, and transformed into one of supreme central power which operates more as a regulator/owner of social and economic matters, and as one state, and one which is not really even a democracy. The massive regulatory bureaucracy which promulgates the bulk of rules and regulations which determine the path we take is not elected. It has plenary power to do as it wishes. This is not a democracy, much less a republic. And that bureaucracy of "experts" are "responsible only to each agency's narrow mission, not to the overall economic health of the nation.

And the massive debt, to a great degree, is required to feed the results created by that bureaucracy. Speeches and promises of cutting or raising taxes, of creating jobs, of stimulating the economy, of providing free birth control, of deciding what marriage is, none of which were originally the purview of central government are side issues that not only make concrete the administrative, undemocratic system, but hide the fact of its existence. A dialogue about a fiscal cliff is useless if its cause is not a part of the discussion. Blather about fiscal responsibility solves nothing. Political tinkering, rather than total government reformation, will not stop the growth of a system that has created more dependants than producers. The health care bill will now be set in stone. The Supreme Court will become even more of an enabler of this system rather than a check against it. The road back to originalism is not a path that will be taken if the people choose not to do so. The present course will continue.

scottw
11-08-2012, 06:49 AM
amazing isn't it, this election guaranteed a continued expansion of precisely what is causing the looming disaster that is suddenly a concern and apparently some weren't ever aware of including John, who I consider to be knowledgable and fair minded, and who could repeat a complete mischaracterization of a comment from a quote by a remote politician that apparently taints his entire party but had barely heard of this "fiscal cliff" thingy...

predictably, when decmocrats lose elections is because the electorate was too stupid to have listened to their brilliant message

and of course, when Republicans lose elections we're told it's because of those lunatic radical pro-life religious right who I suppose are far more nauseating than their counterpart radical lunatics in the democrat party :rotf2:

sad when "pro-life" in America is considered a radical and lunatic position

someone really does need to look in the mirror:uhuh:

many of my democrat/liberal friends consider Lincoln Chaffee to be their model Republican so I'll take the suggestion from some of you that they party needs to moderate quite a bit with a grain of salt

Detbuch is right, we are deciding federal elections based on things, issues that the Federal Government has no business being involved in, sadly, the important matters are overlooked, the federal government expands and the dependant class strengthens it grip on the election results through it's enablers and promulgaters in the democrat party, it's all by design and that should concern everyone but is apparenly applauded by about half...

.....the division is very clear, about half of the country is very happy to see a very large and expanded role by the Federal Government into the various aspects of our lives and believe that central planning is the best solution to our problems going forward and have very little attachment to our founding principles, about half believe in the original plan laid out for our government at the state and federal level and believe that adhering to those or reacquainting ourselves with those is the best way to proceed, and then there are those in the middle that can't make up their mind till the week of the election....

we've just enabled and emboldened a President and an administration that has a view of the role and scope of a federal government with no limits and we will get the government that we deserve....

Roosevelt was re-elected while presiding over a depression, he did so by buying the electorate with federal dollars, he however, unlike Obama did not have the massive indebtedness of the programs that he created during that crisis already on the books, Obama will further expand the federal government, continue to set in place national healthcare with resistance from as many as 30 states, probably go back after Cap and Trade, Amnesty, maybe more stimulus to keep the unions and govt. workers employed...back to the drawing board with even more zeal...

Congressional Republicans should step aside and let him have whatever he wants:uhuh: they are going to be pillaried by the mainstream press and democrats on a daily basis for any attempt to oppose him anyway....let him have it all, then we'll see who he blames...I guess there's always the American people:uhuh:

buckman
11-08-2012, 09:41 AM
The only problem with your last statement is they will then be blamed for not having the back bone to stand up to Obama . Unfortunately the media has an agenda and the republicans, although being right, are on the wrong side oh this agenda .
Talk about flip flipping
Welcome Obama .... The non partisan, fiscally conservative president for all the people .
What a joke

Tagger
11-08-2012, 05:08 PM

-spence

Time to lose the golf tan and get to work ... I don't fish when I have a job to do ..