View Full Version : Too many

Sea Dangles
11-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Well,4 more which will resemble the last 4.
Too bad because we have already seen what O is capable of.....

The manner in which this country is growing seems to limit upside for the future. Look at the demographics and see who supports O and dems in general. Urban voting crushed Romney, as did the Latino and Black vote. It is that simple, these Americans would never abandon their handouts for promises of a better economy or a stronger job market. They simply don't want it.

Suicide watch for Raider Ron but he can't stay here to do it, he will have to join Jim in CT for some Kool aid.

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Things aint all bad Dangles...

Voters in Washington state and Colorado appear to have voted "yes" on measures that would legalize the sale of pot to adults, without the need for a doctor's prescription

RIROCKHOUND
11-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Look at the demographics and see who supports O and dems in general. Urban voting crushed Romney, as did the Latino and Black vote. It is that simple, these Americans would never abandon their handouts for promises of a better economy or a stronger job market. They simply don't want it..

So... basically the problem is, there are too many poor, urban non-white people?

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
So... basically the problem is, there are too many poor, urban non-white people?

the problem is this group of people are brainwashed to believe they need the government to succeed bryan. The dems have created a culture of need. we have reached a point where the takers have more votes than the givers. reverse feudalism.

striperman36
11-07-2012, 03:48 PM
the problem is this group of people are brainwashed to believe they need the government to succeed bryan. The dems have created a culture of need. we have reached a point where the takers have more votes than the givers. reverse feudalism.

Create a CCC or a WPA . you receive assistance you work for the public good.

Oh wait, that's what illegals are for.

RIJIMMY
11-07-2012, 03:52 PM
herman cain was crucified for these remarks.....why? beacuse how dare he suggest that african americans can get ahead on their own, how dare he not acknowledge the man is holding them down

Cains says this, he gets attacked
Obama adds millsions to food stamps, he gets relected. Sad but true.

When asked by CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley if he thought African Americans had a level playing field, Cain said he thought most of them did, using his own experience in corporations as an example.

“Many of them do have a level playing field,” Cain said. “I absolutely believe that. Not only because of the businesses that I have run, which has had the combination of whites, blacks, Hispanics - you know, we had a total diversity. But also because of the corporations whose board I've served on for the last 20 years. I have seen blacks in middle management move up to top management in some of the biggest corporations in America.”

As for African Americans who remain economically disadvantaged, Cain said they often only had themselves to blame.

“They weren't held back because of racism,” Cain said. “People sometimes hold themselves back because they want to use racism as an excuse for them not being able to achieve what they want to achieve.”

striperman36
11-07-2012, 04:06 PM
well said

However, some believe it is their god given right to receive coinage from the government, that money it theirs.

Raider Ronnie
11-07-2012, 05:44 PM

The manner in which this country is growing seems to limit upside for the future. Look at the demographics and see who supports O and dems in general. Urban voting crushed Romney, as did the Latino and Black vote. It is that simple, these Americans would never abandon their handouts for promises of a better economy or a stronger job market. They simply don't want it.

Suicide watch for Raider Ron but he can't stay here to do it, he will have to join Jim in CT for some Kool aid.

Chris,
I'm the 1st to admit I'm a hot headed, opinionated Sicilian/Italian American.
I'm far more likely to pick up a gun and go on a shoot spree :rocketem:

Sea Dangles
11-08-2012, 01:15 AM

How many R are there in education?
You missed my point Bryan, but Jimmy saw it. I just think the R party is up against it with of the amount of people who tow the line. There are quite a few races, religions and professions who feel obligated to vote simply because it benefits the "now". If for some reason a coscience materializes,they will understand they are compromising their childrens future. Hopefully before it is too late.

fishbones
11-08-2012, 10:26 AM
How many R are there in education?
You missed my point Bryan, but Jimmy saw it. I just think the R party is up against it with of the amount of people who tow the line. There are quite a few races, religions and professions who feel obligated to vote simply because it benefits the "now". If for some reason a coscience materializes,they will understand they are compromising their childrens future. Hopefully before it is too late.

I had a conversation with a friend who's a firefighter on Tuesday before I went and voted. He said he voted for all dems and I asked why. He said because his union told them they all had to vote democrat or they'd lose their pensions. I asked if he knew this to be a fact and he said he just does what the union tells him. He's like millions of other people who just do what they're told without putting any of their own thought into it. I guess the old saying "you get what you deserve" applies here.

fishbones
11-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Things aint all bad Dangles...

Voters in Washington state and Colorado appear to have voted "yes" on measures that would legalize the sale of pot to adults, without the need for a doctor's prescription

What would make you think this would be of any interest to Sea Dangles?:rotf2:

PRBuzz
11-08-2012, 10:33 AM
One good thing, we can start counting and only 1513 more days until Obama is gone!:smash:

Jim in CT
11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
I had a conversation with a friend who's a firefighter on Tuesday before I went and voted. He said he voted for all dems and I asked why. He said because his union told them they all had to vote democrat or they'd lose their pensions. I asked if he knew this to be a fact and he said he just does what the union tells him. He's like millions of other people who just do what they're told without putting any of their own thought into it. I guess the old saying "you get what you deserve" applies here.

I have many teacher friends who are the same way. The ironic thing is that it's the Democrats who will be the un-doing of those pensions, by promising benefits that are impossible to fund.

eelskimmer
11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Fishbones, Jim in CT
You really have firemen and teacher friends who
believe the Union will cancel their pensions? How
completely naive can they be? Do Unions have
a special way of getting inside the voting booth?
With educated voters like that, no wonder O won.
PS. With less than 1.8% of vote over Romney,
O has nothing close to a mandate to do anything.
Thank God we have a Republican controlled
House of Reps.

Jim in CT
11-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Fishbones, Jim in CT
You really have firemen and teacher friends who
believe the Union will cancel their pensions? How
completely naive can they be? Do Unions have
a special way of getting inside the voting booth?
With educated voters like that, no wonder O won.
PS. With less than 1.8% of vote over Romney,
O has nothing close to a mandate to do anything.
Thank God we have a Republican controlled
House of Reps.

My friends who teach, think that if they vote for Democrats (like the union suggests), they will bet better benefits. That's what th eunion tells them.

But that's a lie...the democrats will promise the unions better benefits. But for younger union members (younger than the Baby Boomers), they won't get those benefits, because not enough money exists in the universe to pay for them.

Democrats promise the unions insane benefits. Conservatives believe in fair benefits.

What the union members will eventually find out, is that "fair' is better than 'nothing'.

justplugit
11-08-2012, 08:54 PM
I had a conversation with a friend who's a firefighter on Tuesday before I went and voted. He said he voted for all dems and I asked why. He said because his union told them they all had to vote democrat or they'd lose their pensions. I asked if he knew this to be a fact and he said he just does what the union tells him. say

Yup, the union leaders say" jump" and the members say " how high".

The union told my son in law to vote for Gore or he wold loose $15/hr.
Ended up he worked everyday under Bush with all the overtime he could
use.
Under Obama he's been unemployed for 22 of the last 24 months.

Tagger
11-09-2012, 04:32 AM
Ended up he worked everyday under Bush with all the overtime he could
use.
Under Obama he's been unemployed for 22 of the last 24 months.

Bush enjoyed the fruit of Clinton's labor .. even had a surplus . Obama get's Bushes mess .

Jackbass
11-09-2012, 05:14 AM
Bush enjoyed the fruit of Clinton's labor .. even had a surplus . Obama get's Bushes mess .

Right! Like mortgage industry collapse. 9/11 I think it has been said Clinton had opportunities with Bin Laden. That is the standard line though. To explain Obamas failures

That is just not correct.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw
11-10-2012, 07:11 AM

these Americans would never abandon their handouts for promises of a better economy or a stronger job market. They simply don't want it.

and it will only get worse...:uhuh:

"In 2010, on the BBC’s Question Time — a British current-affairs show on which the guests trip over one other to display the appropriate degree of fealty to whichever orthodoxy is in the news that week whilst the audience tries to be as clever as one can be without doing any reading — the question of impending government spending cuts was raised. One audience member stood up and, waving her hands around, asked who would mow her elderly mother’s lawn if the government no longer did it. The audience clapped. The host looked serious. Not a single person on the panel said, “You!” Neither of the putatively Conservative guests even raised an eyebrow. A particularly oleaginous MP proceeded to tell her that it was a “good question.” .........I threw a coffee cup at my television."

Why I Despair - National Review Online (http://www.nationalreview.com/blogs/print/333132)

"Worse, as David Harsanyi has observed, “the president’s central case rests on the idea that individuals should view government as society’s moral center, the engine of prosperity and the arbiter of fairness.” This stunted and tawdry vision of American life was best summed up in his campaign’s contemptible Life of Julia cartoon, which portrayed the American Dream as being impossible without heavy cradle-to-grave government, and in which the civic society that Tocqueville correctly saw as the hallmark of the republic was wholly ignored — if not disdained outright. “Government is the only thing we all belong to,” declared a video at the opening of the Democratic National Convention. In another age, this contention would have been met with incredulity and confusion; in ours, it was cheered."

likwid
11-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Yup, the union leaders say" jump" and the members say " how high".

Yes, they use predator drones to monitor voting. :rotf2:

justplugit
11-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Yes, they use predator drones to monitor voting. :rotf2:

No need for drones, he wasn't stupid then or fall for the BS this year either.
Maybe a little ticked that working his butt off 16 hours/ day for over 2 weeks restoring power in all kinds of weather, and still out there working knowing he will be sharing %40 of his work $$ with the govt.

Sea Dangles
11-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I never really understood complaining about taxes. They are there and we all pay them. It's not like anybody is getting porked here and everybody who pays is entitled to what their tax dollars pay for.

Fly Rod
11-10-2012, 06:56 PM
everybody who pays is entitled to what their tax dollars pay for.

WRONG:My tax dollars do not entitle me for a free cell phone and bill paid for...can't get mass health....can't get my heat bill or home energy efficent paid by action...can't get free taxi service around town...can't get food stamps...there R some of the things my tax dollars pay for that I'm not entitled

striperman36
11-10-2012, 08:57 PM
WRONG:My tax dollars do not entitle me for a free cell phone and bill paid for...can't get mass health....can't get my heat bill or home energy efficent paid by action...can't get free taxi service around town...can't get food stamps...there R some of the things my tax dollars pay for that I'm not entitled

or an ebt card, welfare, daycare, drug rehab, oil by joe, free tution in state, and the ability to vote with an id

Sea Dangles
11-11-2012, 07:52 AM
suck it up whiners.....
or move to New Bedford and learn how to milk the system