View Full Version : Wait, what? Breaking news:Gen. Petraeus resigns from CIA, according to reports

RIJIMMY
11-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Huh?

likwid
11-09-2012, 03:10 PM
I thought you all hated "Betrayus"?

RIJIMMY
11-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I dont? I thought that was the lib name?
I wonder if this is over Beghazi?

RIJIMMY
11-09-2012, 03:19 PM
looks like he was banging some chick. Seems fishy

striperman36
11-09-2012, 03:20 PM
looks like he was banging some chick. Seems fishy

Hillary

Fly Rod
11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I thought you all hated "Betrayus"?

Wise guy!

Fly Rod
11-09-2012, 03:32 PM
A man's penis has no brain..:) :)

Scuttlebutt
11-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Man? Woman? small farm animal?

spence
11-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Clearly Obama's people got him in an entrapment scheme...sent some hottie into his hotel room by mistake looking for her clothes.

This has Axelrod all over it.

-spence

Jim in CT
11-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Clearly Obama's people got him in an entrapment scheme...sent some hottie into his hotel room by mistake looking for her clothes.

This has Axelrod all over it.

-spence

Don't give them any ideas, or they'll do just that to Marco Rubio. He's their biggest threat at the moment...

Hey, I lost a bet with you over the election, the bet was $100 to charity I believe. Let me know which charity, and I'll happily send them a check. Make it as liberal a charity as you want (ACLU, Amnesty International, Free Abu Mumia Jamal), you won fair and square!

Have a good Thanksgiving Spence!

likwid
11-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Don't give them any ideas, or they'll do just that to Marco Rubio. He's their biggest threat at the moment...

So why didn't Mittens pick him then if he's such a 'threat'?

fishbones
11-09-2012, 04:19 PM

Hey, I lost a bet with you over the election, the bet was $100 to charity I believe. Let me know which charity, and I'll happily send them a check. Make it as liberal a charity as you want (ACLU, Amnesty International, Free Abu Mumia Jamal), you won fair and square!

Be suspicious if Spence gives you the name Barney's, Nordstom or even Rue La La as a charity.

likwid
11-09-2012, 04:21 PM

It always has to be an attack, doesn't it Jim?

buckman
11-09-2012, 04:40 PM
So now banging chicks is bad
Damn
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
11-09-2012, 05:14 PM

You don't think Rubio can resist women because he's what, Hispanic?

Racist.

I'll pick one. Planned Parenthood came to mind but I don't I'm that mean :hihi:

-spence

Jim in CT
11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
You don't think Rubio can resist women because he's what, Hispanic?

Racist.

I'll pick one. Planned Parenthood came to mind but I don't I'm that mean :hihi:

-spence

Hey, you pick Planned Parenthood, I'll send it to Planned Parenthood. You won the bet, you get to pick...

Jim in CT
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM
So now banging chicks is bad
Damn

No, it's acceptable when liberals do it.

Jim in CT
11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
It always has to be an attack, doesn't it Jim?

That post was only an attack to a cnarrow-minded simpleton who doesn't recognize humor or sarcasm.

likwid
11-09-2012, 05:36 PM
That post was only an attack to a cnarrow-minded simpleton who doesn't recognize humor or sarcasm.

Aaaaand more attacks!
Bravo Jim! Bravo!

Still angry that Linda McMahon proves that being rich won't get you elected?

sburnsey931
11-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Patreaus who Orchestrated the surge and agreed to stay on when Obama was elected moved up to the CIA.
He was scheduled to testify next week before congress about Benghazi. Supposedly he's off the witness list now. He's a West Point guy....chances are they tried to use the affair to get him to lie. He outed himself and resigned. Man of Honor.

striperman36
11-09-2012, 05:59 PM
BengKasi

Jim in CT
11-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Aaaaand more attacks!
Bravo Jim! Bravo!

Still angry that Linda McMahon proves that being rich won't get you elected?

Unless I am wrong, you called me 'insane' earlier today, because I think our country is in trouble due to our debt. And now you're wagging your finger at me for attac king Spence, which i didn't do. I think we're all clear now.

I already knew that being rich won't get you elected, I didn't need the wrestling lady to show me that. I don't consider being rich to necessarily be a bad thing, either.

striperman36
11-09-2012, 06:07 PM
SHUTUP. this thread is about the director of the CIA resigning.

Go find your sheep.

Jim in CT
11-09-2012, 06:17 PM
So it's a coincidence that he decided to resign just as the Benghazi hearings are beginning. In equally likely news, the White House announced that Jimmy Hoffa will turn up any day now, safe and sound

nightfighter
11-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Patreaus who Orchestrated the surge and agreed to stay on when Obama was elected moved up to the CIA.
He was scheduled to testify next week before congress about Benghazi. Supposedly he's off the witness list now. He's a West Point guy....chances are they tried to use the affair to get him to lie. He outed himself and resigned. Man of Honor.

It will be interesting to see if he does end up testifying...... West Point grad, married to Commandant's daughter for 37 years. And she works as veterans advocate to the White House. The other woman is a WP grad who published the recent book on the general. All that info I got from the lead story on the network news.... Sad state when that is the lead story, and that all involved get dragged through the media mud IMO.

Piscator
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Hope he writes a book, better yet a movie!

ecduzitgood
11-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Finally something I don't think can be blamed on Bush....Clinton maybe;-)

JohnR
11-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Finally something I don't think can be blamed on Bush....Clinton maybe;-)

:rotf2:

Hi Ed

spence
11-10-2012, 08:24 AM
It will be interesting to see if he does end up testifying......
Why would this have any impact on his testimony?

-spence

likwid
11-10-2012, 08:28 AM
His little friend is being investigated by the FBI for illegally gaining access to his e-mail (released before his resignation)

JohnR
11-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Why would this have any impact on his testimony?

-spence

Because his very high end security clearance gets yanked immediately upon removal from position as well as his requirement to Congress.

likwid
11-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Because his very high end security clearance gets yanked immediately upon removal from position as well as his requirement to Congress.

Even if he has resigned, they can still require him to make testimony on everything he knew before he resigned.

spence
11-10-2012, 08:32 AM

Even if he's a civilian why can't they simply subpoena him?

I can't see how this could impede his testimony, it might just change how it's executed. If this committee doesn't have direct subpoena power I'm sure they could get it taken care of.

-spence

scottw
11-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I don't know why these guys don't just go sky diving or something if they need a thrill...can it ever possibly be worth your career, your reputation....all of the collateral damage to your wife, kids, other family and friends? Worst thing that happens is you get killed in an unfortunate sky diving accident and go out a hero...get a little strange and get caught and live the rest of your life with the consequences...I don't get it :confused:

likwid
11-10-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't know why these guys don't just go sky diving or something if they need a thrill...can it ever possibly be worth your career, your reputation....all of the collateral damage to your wife, kids, other family and friends? Worst thing that happens is you get killed in an unfortunate sky diving accident and go out a hero...get a little strange and get caught and live the rest of your life with the consequences...I don't get it :confused:

Some dudes like scoring a little strange.

wader-dad
11-10-2012, 11:03 AM
At least Paula Broadwell is extremely hot. Broad - Well is accurate.

And a West Point grad- but she has a husband and 2 kids. Don't think this is political- but unfortunate.

Very dangerous for the head of the CIA to be banging a non-wife. Could lead to blackmail - security is a big issue.

ecduzitgood
11-10-2012, 12:32 PM
:rotf2:

Hi Ed
Hi John. Just found out bi-polar disorder has nothing to do with fishing. I guess I owe the last Doctor I saw 12-13 years ago an apology for calling him a quack and storming out of his office...who knew?

spence
11-10-2012, 01:49 PM
At least Paula Broadwell is extremely hot. Broad - Well is accurate.

And a West Point grad- but she has a husband and 2 kids. Don't think this is political- but unfortunate.

Very dangerous for the head of the CIA to be banging a non-wife. Could lead to blackmail - security is a big issue.

Broadwell is the biographer...I don't think they've named the mistress.

-spence

wader-dad
11-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Broadwell is the biographer...I don't think they've named the mistress.

-spence

Well not exactly

By Adam Goldman and Connie Cass of The Associated Press

Petraeus submitted his resignation due to an extramarital affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell, according to several U.S. officials with knowledge of the situation.

WASHINGTON - David Petraeus, the retired four-star general renowned for taking charge of the military campaigns in Iraq and then Afghanistan, abruptly resigned Friday as director of the CIA, admitting to an extramarital affair.

The affair was discovered during an FBI investigation, according to officials briefed on the developments. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

Petraeus carried on the affair with his biographer and reserve Army officer Paula Broadwell, according to several U.S. officials with knowledge of the situation. They spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to discuss the investigation that led to the resignation publicly.

scottw
11-10-2012, 02:02 PM
that's two posts in a row that Spence didn't know something...damn...I thought he knew everything :confused::)

striperman36
11-10-2012, 02:04 PM
He lost his ipad, he's out of touch

spence
11-10-2012, 02:09 PM
that's two posts in a row that Spence didn't know something...damn...I thought he knew everything :confused::)

Faulty article. She's pretty though...

-spence

striperman36
11-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Whole thing just feels contrived to avoid testimony

scottw
11-10-2012, 02:14 PM
this is off topic but looking for a silver lining had led to some humorous things the last few days...

....this morning, in a poll which often includes daily topics impacting politics the National Review Online poll simply asked it's readers...

"How Depressed Are You?"

I found this very amusing...

"Very" is leading at 62% followed by "Mildly" and "Not" is around 15%...

just saw this too...

'Need' now means wanting someone else's money. 'Greed' means wanting to keep your own. 'Compassion' is when a politician arranges the transfer.'" - John Stossel

and this:

We petition the Obama Administration to:
Peacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-louisiana-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/1wrvtngl

looks like a good weekend to catch some tog :)

don't care how pretty she is or how great it was....can't possibly be worth it :humpty:

spence
11-10-2012, 02:48 PM
don't care how pretty she is or how great it was....can't possibly be worth it :humpty:

I doubt it ever is.

-spence

mosholu
11-10-2012, 06:32 PM

mosholu
11-10-2012, 06:35 PM
According to Washington Post Broadwell sent threatening email to another close female friend of the general. The second woman brought it to the attention of the FBI who started an investigation.