View Full Version : Do you care about the Patreas affair?

Saltheart
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
You know , I couldn't care less about who is screwing who out there. people seem to be all up in arms about this but to me its so outside my care abouts. Yes , there is a potential for some behind the scene security issues involving blackmail but I think that's more TV than reality. So the guy has an affair...so what. Now they are making a big deal about exactly when it started. If it started when he was still a soldier they want to crucify him but if it started after soldiering when he was the CIA director , then the resignation is enough.

Are we naive? How many men in powerful positions around the world are getting a piece on the side. In most countries not only is it common , its almost expected... Survival and sex are the two biggest driving forces in nature. Are we forgetting we are children of Mother Nature?

Now I'm not married , never have been so i may have a different view on this but to me , who is screwing who , is something i care zero about as long as they are both consenting adults.

What's other peoples thoughts?

spence
11-12-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure I agree with the blackmail scenario, if that was the case you could include anybody in government with access to secret information.

Rumor was Obama didn't want him to step down.

Shame though, he served our country well. I'd wager he's going to have a very successful private career.

-spence

paradoxjim
11-12-2012, 01:54 PM
It just always amazes me how often political types find that they can't keep their weapons holstered. How many political careers have we seen flame out in the last decade due to similar activities. Wouldn't you think twice about putting a picture of your "Wiener" on some social media if you knew that it would cost you your career?

RIJIMMY
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
i truly dont care but he holds a highly classified job and an affair can compromise his integrity or at least the perception.

PaulS
11-12-2012, 02:47 PM
i truly dont care but he holds a highly classified job and an affair can compromise his integrity or at least the perception.

X1

Nebe
11-12-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm with you saltheart. I felt the same thing with Clinton and I'm certain Lewinski was paid to do it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
11-12-2012, 05:07 PM
X1

X2

When someone can leverage a secret against you, you are a liability. If someone could leverage his affair against him then that is bad.

Bummer

Piscator
11-12-2012, 06:19 PM
He's a stud

striperman36
11-12-2012, 06:27 PM
She's whacked

Bronko
11-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Dude wheels chicks by using influence and power. No different from the Bubba Clinton before him and countless others in the future. Total yawner if you ask me.

JohnR
11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
At least he waited until being a civvy. Better that Ike or The General

Swimmer
11-12-2012, 07:12 PM
It really is too bad, but no one will convince me that thier is not one bit of subterfuge afoot. The FBI new the truth since she admitted the affair to them the last of September. The F.B.I. new for weeks before then. A "rogue" (by any other name, a rat) F.B.I. agent drops a dime to congress. The rat will soon be taking over the director's post. The director protected his job and lengthened his tenure four more years by protecting the president. And in the end it is all going to unravel over Lybia.

Saltheart
11-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Lets hope he was keeping his mouth shut while having his fun.

mosholu
11-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Other than possible security concerns this should not even been in the news. It seems now the woman who made the initial complaint has some type of relationship with another top general that is coming under scrutiny.

spence
11-13-2012, 08:27 AM
It really is too bad, but no one will convince me that thier is not one bit of subterfuge afoot. The FBI new the truth since she admitted the affair to them the last of September. The F.B.I. new for weeks before then. A "rogue" (by any other name, a rat) F.B.I. agent drops a dime to congress. The rat will soon be taking over the director's post. The director protected his job and lengthened his tenure four more years by protecting the president. And in the end it is all going to unravel over Lybia.

Huh? :huh:

If anything the rat is the FBI agent who leaked the matter congress. Now it appears that this agent was sending shirtless photos to Kelley whom he became obsesses with, the women who was being harassed!

Seems like there could have been a political motivation here, and props to Eric Cantor for doing the right thing and not exploiting it.

FBI Agent in Petraeus Case Under Scrutiny - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324439804578115410189757452.html)

I think someone needs to answer the question how a non-criminal matter was allowed to escalate and take down one of our best public servants.

-spence

Jackbass
11-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Huh? :

I think someone needs to answer the question how a non-criminal matter was allowed to escalate and take down one of our best public servants.

-spence
X2 I agreed with spence surely hell is freezing over lol

RIJIMMY
11-13-2012, 09:10 AM
i saw a pic and that kelly chick is hot

Jackbass
11-13-2012, 09:42 AM
i saw a pic and that kelly chick is hot

Don't care if she craps gold I am more than certain there are two decorated members of our military one FBI agent and a husband that are totally sick of her at this point.

Fly Rod
11-13-2012, 09:53 AM
I would like to see her on "Girls Gone Wild."

RIJIMMY
11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Don't care if she craps gold I am more than certain there are two decorated members of our military one FBI agent and a husband that are totally sick of her at this point.

im sure its her fault.....

justplugit
11-13-2012, 10:14 AM

What a tangled web we weave---- a lot of characters involved in this one.

Jackbass
11-13-2012, 10:15 AM

Lmao!! I am positive it is not.

OLD GOAT
11-13-2012, 10:44 AM
This is better than General Hospital

JohnnyD
11-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Politicians hold each other accountable for wrongdoing (political, ethical or legal), not because they disapprove of their colleagues actions but because they got caught.

With that in mind, the Director of the CIA does not get taken down by a simple affair. I have no doubt that there are a number of other events taking place behind the scenes.

The Dad Fisherman
11-13-2012, 11:21 AM

Well just look at the way she dresses...its got to be her fault

Saltheart
11-13-2012, 01:01 PM
General Hospital.....now its turning into Behind the Green Door! What a mess. By the time this is over it will be a made for TV movie and on Letterman's top ten list! :)

spence
11-13-2012, 01:36 PM
7NEWS - Photoshopped book title from Paula Broadwell's Gen. David Petraeus' biography goes viral on web - Local Story (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/photoshopped-book-title-from-paula-broadwells-gen-david-petraeus-biography-goes-viral-on-web)

:hihi:

-spence

justplugit
11-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Just saw part of the WH press cnference.
Usually Jay Carney is cool calm and collected,but today he just
stutterd,stammered and drank water.
When it came to Patreus and the President's questions he used answers
like , under investigation, protocols in place, you will have to ask the
FBI, Pentagon, not aware if Pres had conversation with Mueller,things are playing out, etc. and the President is hard at work on the American people's issues. Wouldn't answer any questions on possible new appointments, although he acknowledged Obama had dinner with Duval.
Just sayin.

RIJIMMY
11-13-2012, 01:50 PM
7NEWS - Photoshopped book title from Paula Broadwell's Gen. David Petraeus' biography goes viral on web - Local Story (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/photoshopped-book-title-from-paula-broadwells-gen-david-petraeus-biography-goes-viral-on-web)

:hihi:

-spence

crap, thats funny!

RIJIMMY
11-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Just saw a pic of Ms Patreus, she could have done a little more to keep herslef up. Looks like she is going for the Liz Warren look

justplugit
11-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Hearings, schmerings. This quagmire needs a special prosecuter to investigate.

Too many people and different agencies involved to pull it all toghether and get
the truth with hearings.
Watergate involved a break in and a coverup. Bengazygate involves the killing of 4 Americans, possible national security breaches and a coverup.