View Full Version : Am I really a donkey?

ecduzitgood
11-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I noticed this sign at the polling place and had it covered up.
Is this inappropriate or not?

RIJIMMY
11-13-2012, 10:41 AM
wow, thats crazy

Who are all the signatures from? If its students and teachers sponsored this I would be ripped.

RIJIMMY
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
wait, that may be a coincidnece, I was thinking rape, but I think its retard. Looks like its a national campaign

R-word | Spread the Word to End the Word (http://www.r-word.org/)

ecduzitgood
11-13-2012, 10:46 AM
So am I a donkey or not? Don't want to call me a donkey, how about whether it is inappropriate or not on election day.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
11-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Unless you are calling someone there a "retard", then you are missing the point.

It looks like it's a case of a sign being misinterpreted at the wrong time.

For the record, I do use the word "retard", but that's because it has more than one definition that doesn't relate to a person.

ecduzitgood
11-13-2012, 06:54 PM
I guess I wasn't asking the question properly so here goes. Was it innappropriate to hang that sign in that location on voting day?

Nebe
11-13-2012, 07:20 PM
I Think you were being a donkey...

That banner had nothing to do with 'republican'.

But.. I bet you were not alone in your thinking.

ecduzitgood
11-14-2012, 01:49 AM
Thank you for your reponse Nebe! You have expressed your opinion and I won't say your wrong. I am looking for honest input and you gave it thanks.

ecduzitgood
11-14-2012, 02:03 AM
Don't missunderstand I will most likely address the comments (eventually) but I would prefere to be general so hopefully no one takes it personal, but I really do question myself. Believe it or not I do find myself at fault at times. I may be a fool to question myself.... but hey nobody is perfect in my world.

The Dad Fisherman
11-14-2012, 06:30 AM
I don't think its a problem. The sign was there before the polling stations were set up.

JohnR
11-14-2012, 09:49 AM
I might think the same thing in the context of a voting line - that the R- was for Republican. But this certainly looks like something else.

As for what to say and not say, hmmmmm.

I don't use Retard other than when it is appropriate (timing comes to mind among others).

I am so glad that SATA has done away with Master / Slave so the nontechnical won't bunch their undergarments.

I do still mention ID ten T errors when appropriate

Jackbass
11-14-2012, 10:02 AM
You know this is a word I used to use often as a descriptive term form many things. I truly try and avoid saying it now. I have a very good friend who's daughter has downs and is one of the sweetest kids you will ever meet. I have done work for Seven hills foundation and people in general could learn a lot from spending time with people with downs.

I still slip on occasion. But it is offensive and for the most part the word is no longer associated with mentally challenged people it is a term. But I am sure and know there are other words that can be used like Pudding head or my grandfathers favorite numb nuts

fishbones
11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Wow, I didn't see that there, Ed. I snuck in the back of the gym and got right into line. I probably would have thought it stood for "Republican" too, which would have been inappropriate in the voting place. But, if you check out the election results on the town website, you'll see that we live in a town that is pretty conservative.