View Full Version : Northern MA, NH, ME Plug Building Event

Eric Roach
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
This event started on “the other site" but I wanted to mention it here.

Northern MA, NH, ME Plug Building Event
Seabrook, NH Town Library
Saturday, January 12
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM

This isn't "PlugFest - North" but an event intended to be a small-to-medium-sized meeting between builders and those wanting to get started building.

I have my town's library (Seabrook Public Library) meeting room reserved for the event -- here are some details about the venue:

The room is a decent size and has tables & chairs for about 100.
There is a kitchen in the room, and carry-in / carry-out food (ie, pot luck) is OK.
The room is free.:)
I do have to ask the library if we can bring a portable lathe and drill press inside (with the promise we wouldn't start them) -- I think giving new builders the chance to see a lathe with duplicator set-up as well as some drilling jigs might be helpful.

The focus of this meeting is knowledge-sharing and helping new builders get started. We will probably create a simple printed guide with some basic recommendations for new plug builders to walk away with.

Please respond here if you think you might be attending. Everyone is welcome.

Hope to see you there.

Eric

stripermaineiac
11-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Sounds good to me. As long as I don't have a show to do somewnere's I'll be there. Ron

Eric Roach
11-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Sounds good, Ron -- see you there.

Eric Roach
11-30-2012, 11:33 AM
I went by the library yesterday to sign for the room -- it's very nice space with lots of seating and tables. I plan on bringing my mini lathe with Vega and a tabletop drill press.

If interested, we could maybe bring some wood for swapping (probably want to due larger pieces in the parking lot only) as well as some shop items/tools. I also have some sealing concoctions in tall jars that I do not use anymore that I can give away.

If anyone is interested in swapping Vega templates and/or plug designs, please let me know. I'll share some designs here when I get a chance and I can cut some Lexan duplicator templates for anyone interested in them.

We don't have to go nuts but it's be good to bring pot luck for lunch; I'll make some chili in the crock pot.

nightfighter
11-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Sounds good Eric. I'd be down for swapping some templates. Sometimes it is easier to trade the raw plug, or master, just how it comes off the lathe with the square ends left on and marked with pencil for weight, eyes, and hooks

Eric Roach
11-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Sounds good Eric. I'd be down for swapping some templates. Sometimes it is easier to trade the raw plug, or master, just how it comes off the lathe with the square ends left on and marked with pencil for weight, eyes, and hooks

It'll be great to have you over.

I can do that with the raw plugs, with some info on weighting. I'll post some designs as we get closer.