View Full Version : seagull Fishin

Raven
06-04-2003, 07:17 AM
Once when i was down in florida fishing for cobia with shrimp and only a tiny split shot a seagull lands on the water and grabs my damn shrimp before it gets into the rip i'm trying to drift it in.
Well i tried to yank it away but the bird simply adjusted his flight path to intercept my bait. next thing i know i'm fishing in the sky.
My first thought was maybe i can reel him in and free him or at least recover some of my oh so precious line. A bunch of nasty old women came over to bitch me out as i reel a bird out of the sky...
yelling :" why did you catch that poor birdie you bastard" and finally holding up my fillet knife with a look on my face like-> not one step closer ladies...i cut the damn line!! they were such idiots- yeah like i go fishing for seagulls everyday...morons:af:

Fishpart
06-04-2003, 08:18 AM
The only thing worse than bluefish when you are not fishing for them.

striperjerk1
06-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Should of told them it was a kite.:smash:

STEVE IN MASS
06-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Ask Mr. Powers sometime about his "Ditch" seagull story......;)

chris L
06-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Ive hooked a few myself . I was bridge fishing and this guy catches one reels it in and is going to unhook it with his hand . first try not so good , second try with the gash from the first try not successful . 3rd try ( stupid ass ) I cut his line and the gull flew off and this guy now flys off on me . good thing my knife was still in my hand he backed off then thanked me as he was leaving to get his hand repaired .

Jenn
06-04-2003, 11:21 AM
guy next to me is feeding his face....i noticed hes got a seagull..I tell him (because he's not watching his rod of course) he leaves it there! I wait a few minutes and cant take it anymore...I GO SET THE DAMN BIRD FREE myself! "hey buddy yer all set ok"???

yeah, thanks....

Rappin Mikey
06-10-2003, 07:33 AM
I know its not a seagull, but I caught my own nose one day:smash:

likwid
06-10-2003, 03:24 PM
i caught a comorant up in main jigging up baby pollack for fun a long time ago, could not beleive my eyes... wish i had a photo...

backlasher
06-10-2003, 10:35 PM
Fortunately, have not hooked seagulls, but have reeled them in when they got tangled in my line. Throw shirt over them...calms them down...then can untangle and free.
B.L.
PS: Taste like chicken...

Fly Rod
06-18-2003, 07:57 PM
SEAGULL SOLVER! ! !

Those that chunk bait know all to well what to do when you hook a seagull so that they don't return for a while.

Van
06-19-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Fly Rod
Those that chunk bait know all to well what to do when you hook a seagull so that they don't return for a while.

:D

:eek:

MAC
06-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Last year a friend was fishing live herring with me at the ditch. Well he flips the bait out and a gull grabs it right before it hits the water. He looks over at me in bewilderment and says " Dave , what do I do now?" I had him reel the bird in till it landed on the rocks. The bird was standing with his wings flared and hissing at us menacingly. I could see the hook caught on his beak and knew if I just cut the line that it would probably die. I had Kevin hold the line taunt and I came up behind the gull and grabbed it by the neck ( They have really skinny necks) . I removed the hook and now the next problem, now what do I do. I turned towards the water and while holding his neck rather tightly with one hand I grabbed it by the butt ( all the time hoping it wouldn't bite me or worse crap on my other hand) and flipped it up in the air. The gull caught flight in mid toss and flew away . The funny thing was that as it flew away it kept looking back at us. Kevin just looked at me shaking his head.
Then someone tells me that all ya have to do is throw a coat over the bird and it will quiet right down. No thanks I ain't reaching under a coat at a mad gull :laughs: