View Full Version : Aging Wine

PRBuzz
12-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Is this the way to do it? No wonder shipping costs so much...shipment originated in Brockton and destination Brockton via CT?:smash:

Yes shipment is 2 cases of wine.

spence
12-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Don't mock logistics.

-spence

Piscator
12-14-2012, 09:31 AM
Is this the way to do it? No wonder shipping costs so much...shipment originated in Brockton and destination Brockton via CT?:smash:

Yes shipment is 2 cases of wine.

Didn't you have something similar happen last year. The package went from like Maine to Florida to Massachusetts? Or did I just make that up?

PRBuzz
12-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Didn't you have something similar happen last year. The package went from like Maine to Florida to Massachusetts? Or did I just make that up?

Nope package shipped from FL to MA and all way back to FL before coming back to MA. Way to go FEDEX!

JohnnyD
12-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Everything is screwed up in December. They deal with twice the volume so that means 10 times the screw ups. I went to check my mailbox that's at a UPS store yesterday. If you want someone west of the Mississippi to receive a package before Christmas, you've already missed the recommended ship date.

Since they explicitly say "From Dec 1 - Dec 31, our guaranteed delivery estimates do not apply", they should then be decreasing their prices. Less service should come at a decreased cost.

PRBuzz
12-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Don't mock logistics.

-spence

Shortest distance between Brockton (main distribution & receiving) and W. Bridgewater (FEDEX Home) is via Willington CT.

The Dad Fisherman
12-14-2012, 03:36 PM
I ordered some new ice fishing traps last month. Shipped from Worcester destination Georgetown.....went through New Jersey to get here and took 6 days I should have just driven the hour to get them
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device