View Full Version : my pick for Man of the Year

scottw
12-22-2012, 09:07 AM
6-Foot-8 Transgender Player Takes Court Against Delta College Women’s Team CBS Sacramento (http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/12/18/6-foot-8-transgender-player-takes-court-against-delta-college/)

I'm thinking, if gender is not an obstacle for competing or being who you feel you really are...age shouldn't be either...go all the way while you are having all of these modifications and get tucked and unwrinkled...although I don't know that they can shave much down from the 6' 8" frame and maybe decide that you are really an 11 year old girl, deep down under all of those layers, you could start all over..."follow your heart" and join the YMCA, youth membership and throw down on the 11 year olds..if you are denied, call the ACLU and claim all sorts of discrimination ...it won't seem odd at all :)

tysdad115
12-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I saw the" 6'8" transgender" and thought you were recommending Fishbones..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRBuzz
12-22-2012, 12:03 PM
And Woman of the Year!

Saltheart
12-22-2012, 07:13 PM
6 foot 8 inch male frame but still sucks. Theteam got destroyed and s he was held to 2 points and 2 rebounds.

scottw
12-23-2012, 06:18 AM
gotta watch the video

Basketball Breakthrough: Transgender Player is a First | FOX8.com ? Cleveland news & weather from WJW Television FOX 8 (http://fox8.com/2012/12/19/basketball-breakthrough-transgender-player-is-a-first/)

kinda like Chief in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest...except Chief had more game...

although..... she grabbed three rebounds in her team's 69-62 loss.

"Obviously, she's a very good player and she's going to be a force as things go on," said Tom Powers, College of the Siskiyous head coach for 30 years, after the game."

if this doesn't work out...there's always the Lingerie Football League :)

thought this was interesting

NCAA gender rules

While Gabrielle Ludwig's California junior college association uses a birth certificate as the determining factor of gender for athletic eligibility, the NCAA loosened its requirements in August 2011.
The new policies state:
A trans male (female to male) student-athlete who has received a medical exception for treatment with testosterone for gender transition may compete on a men's team but is no longer eligible to compete on a women's team without changing the team status to a mixed team. A mixed team is eligible only for men's championships.
A trans female (male to female) student-athlete being treated with testosterone suppression medication for gender transition may continue to compete on a men's team but may not compete on a women's team without changing it to a mixed team status until completing one calendar year of documented testosterone-suppression treatment.
"As a core value, the NCAA believes in and is committed to diversity, inclusion and gender equity among its student-athletes, coaches and administrators," NCAA Director of Inclusion Karen Morrison wrote in a memo to the NCAA membership. "Since participation in athletics provides student-athletes a unique and positively powerful experience, the goals of these policies are to create opportunity for transgender student-athletes to participate in accordance with their gender identity while maintaining the relative balance of competitive equity within sports teams."

Jim in CT
12-23-2012, 07:07 AM
kinda like Chief in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest...except Chief had more game...

Great reference.