View Full Version : Update

macojoe
01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Well its been a little while, and the holidays are over, Thank God!!

I have finally gone thru all the red tape and got medical insurance. Now I can start seeing all the doctors again and get back on track for my kidney transplant.

On top of that my wife got a real bad infection from a non healing wound on her foot, spent a week in Cape Cod Hos and they operated and drained it out. She is now in a nursing home rehab, and they say its not looking good again so they going to take her to the doc tomorrow. This foot has been a problem for about 10 years now, but today is the first time someone said might have to amputate it !!

As for the house, we have found a few places in 55 and over parks, 1st one said we could not live there as we both had to be 55 (I am not) that was after we bought it and had to get our money back. Thank god the owner was understanding and just handed it over.

The 2nd place was a foreclosure we could get cheap, but there park required a credit score of 750 to gain entry!! I did not have that when I bought this house!! We have currently mid 600's for me and high 600's and a 700 for the wife.

So now we are on the third park that is a great place!! Has a wheel chair ramp for the wife, only one has to be 55, we can have the dog, and we are paying cash, we put all good credit reff, bank accounts and all. so now its a waiting game. The only problem I see is if they go with the high credit score? All for a $500 monthly maintenance fee?
I am tiring to save this place and rent it?? But I keep taking away from are new home funds to keep the credit score good, and that's $1200 a month!
I made a offer on this new place and they said no, i uped it some a week ago and so far no answer?? I think they waiting for there price, which is $3000 more then I have. So I am hoping to hear that the park excepts us and then I can say we are approved and can close the next day if they take the offer. Its costing the $500 a month to hold on to it so I am hoping that will work in my favor?

In the mean time I had a guy drive all the way here towing his boat to buy my HDPI, then complain that it had a few scratches on it and small things, I said its a 10 year old motor!! I told him to go back home, then he tared to say I miss repeated the motor pissing my son off to were my son was going to punch him! he said the motor was getting old? i said it is a 2001, bought in fall of 2002 as a left over, first season in the water was 2003. Sent him all kinds of pictures, a video of it running, and copy of all maintenance work.
o well his loss someone else gain!

ok i will shut up now!! thank all!!

WESTPORTMAFIA
01-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Joe don't lose the place over 3k. Offer them asking with all in cash except the 3k. As far as the 3k you can have the seller hold a mortgage. Pay them $250 a month for 1 year =3k. Then everyone is happy. Your agent if any good will be able to make this happen.

macojoe
01-08-2013, 11:00 PM
The Realtor brought that up, But I am in waiting mood now as I have to see if we are going to get excepted to the park?? I never thought it was going to be so hard, buying with cash??

WESTPORTMAFIA
01-08-2013, 11:57 PM
It should be pretty simple as far the credit scores go. There is either a minimum score requirement or none at all. If there is one it should be pretty clear and in black and white. Your agent should have this info if they submitted an offer.

macojoe
01-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Good News the Doc saw my wife and they do not have to take the foot!!This time any way, but being a diabetic does not mean its never going to happen.

Mobile home was lost, so the search goes on!! The listing agent went in to agreement 2 days ago with out giving my agent a call or option for us to go up. O well wasn't ment to be I guess

macojoe
01-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Well there is good news and bad, Good news is I have a new place to live, I will be closing Saturday. Mobile home in a nice mobile park.

But had to sell the boat :( I watched it leave yesterday with a tear as she went out the yard!

Next is my truck, My son is going to take over the payments and I am looking for a Tahoe in the $5000 range. If anyone one knows of a decent one let me know please!

My wife has been in the rehab for a month now and the doc told her today that they are going to do some skin graphs next week and all is looking good. She is hoping to get out soon, but I might be moving us before she gets out and she will go to our new place instead of coming here.

The mobile home is great, but it has some soft floors that need fixing and thats why I got her cheap!
Does anyone have any know how on how to go about fixing the floors?? I know that ripping the carpet up and putting new wood is the way, But the carpet is perfect in the place, and I don't have the cash to replace it all! It does not need to be done tomorrow, but when the weather gets warmer I will want to get it done. I have thought about going under, and bracing the floor in the areas but that is a temp way of doing it at best. I am wondering if the carpet can be lifted and or cut and re seemed after to save it??

Here are a few pictures

macojoe
01-28-2013, 05:08 PM
A few more, we love the 3 season room!! It also comes with all the stuff you see in the pictures.

niko
01-28-2013, 05:20 PM
congrats on the place joe. slingah has a nice pickup for short money

macojoe
01-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks Niko! Its going to be different in a park for sure, I am use to having my yard and building to work on stuff, O well I hope its for the best?

tysdad115
01-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Congrats Joe.

PRBuzz
01-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Congrats Joe! Enjoy the new place..

Sgt Striper
01-28-2013, 06:54 PM
:btu:

macojoe
01-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys!! I think I got a great deal for $20k

ProfessorM
01-28-2013, 08:20 PM
looks real nice Joe. U should look at Matt's pickup truck like Paul said. Good deal. Enjoy your new place.

macojoe
01-28-2013, 10:33 PM
I saw his add and it nice for someone but not me. A reguar cab never would work for me as I always have people with me and my wife and wheel chair. Also never have had any luck with a 6 cyl! I just drive them to ruff I guess.
I am looking at a nice 02 Tahoe wed morning, we will see?

http://images.craigslist.org/3E83Kf3I15G55H15J3d1k4f70d43cbc891181.jpg

Fisherwoman
01-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Good for you Joe, The place looks really nice. We will continue to say a prayer for you both, Hang in there!!

macojoe
02-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Closed on the new place today!! So I all set for a place to live now! The truck is in the yard and will put on the road this coming week. Then its time to start moving YUCK!
The new fridge i bought 2 years ago will not fit :fury: space is 34" and fridge is 36" I have a closet on one side of it, might be able to trim it 2" to fit?? I wish I was a carpenter instead of good looking!