View Full Version : I phone covers/cases?

Slipknot
01-13-2013, 01:14 PM
If I were to get an Iphone 4s the hard part is deciding what case to get for it. There seems to be many to choose from - ballistic,lifecase,0tterbox etc.

what is the best that will keep sawdust out and be safe around water in case I get it wet or use it in the rain?

thanks

WESTPORTMAFIA
01-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Spend the money and get the lifeproof. Not so bad if you buy on ebay

crnelson
01-13-2013, 01:38 PM
I'd also agree with lifeproof. Have swam with mine in the wetsuit with no problems. Lots of drops and rough use so far with good protection. I would guess the otter box is better for impacts but I didn't want to deal with the significantly larger case. another thing to mention with the lifeproof is the touch screen requires a little more pressure but it doesn't take long to get used to at all.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

chefchris401
01-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Life proof is the only option IMHO

Worth the money.

Jackbass
01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Had n otter now have life proof. Great case

fish4striper
01-13-2013, 02:35 PM
I use mine on the boat, works well to keep it dry. Good price here:
Lifeproof Waterproof Cases Iphone 4 and 4S - Page 4 - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (http://www.thehulltruth.com/fishing-miscellaneous-items/468229-lifeproof-waterproof-cases-iphone-4-4s-4.html)

Nebe
01-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Otters end up hanging like vhizzard sleeve.. Lifeproof is the best for water.

Slipknot
01-13-2013, 03:59 PM
thanks,

is there an issue with charging the phone with the case on? does it heat the battery and decrease it's life?
never heard that before

JohnR
01-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Slip - lifeproof - 4/4s no questions asked, charging is easy by opening one door.

Some people are less happy with the iPhone 5 with the lifeproof

Raider Ronnie
01-13-2013, 05:43 PM
I had the Otter box and liked that.
When it was time to replace (screen cover scratched) I got the Griffin
military duty case.
It's ok but one thing that drices me nuts is I leave the phone on my front pocket and LOTS of times when I bend the right way it activates the Voice Control screen and as far as I know there is no way to deactivate the voice control.

Nebe
01-13-2013, 06:35 PM
I will say that I have a $5 case I bought from 5 below and it is better than an otter box case. There is no screen guard, so you have to buy one at the apple store or online and install that before you add the case. It's great.