View Full Version : Weekend Plans

JohnR
01-25-2013, 07:35 AM
What's up for the weekend?

FiABBIT Ice Fishing Tourney (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/stripertalk/78752-fiabbit-fifth-annual-bomba-bros-ice-fishing-tourney.html) and one of the funnest times of the year - hoping to make

Work

So what's up for the weekend?

RickBomba
01-25-2013, 08:08 AM
FiABBIT. Leaving for Sturbridge in t-minus four hours. Anybody needs any info, check the thread.

If you plan on coming...DRESS WARM! Might be the coldest one yet.

They just changed the wind forecast...looks a little better for us.

Hope to see a lot of folks there!

Rick

striperman36
01-25-2013, 09:12 AM
5 stitches in the shoulder blade from a marble sized cyst removal, 'no heavy lifting' orders. Maybe I'll stick with the 22 oz. this weekend and tie flies.

More surgery on Monday, so not cool

RIJIMMY
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
whirlwind of kid activities this weekend - pinewood derby, flag football, basketball, lacrosse, sleepover. Im actually looking forward to Sunday night so I can sit down and have a beer.

BigFish
01-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Watching the B's fireside tonight! Tomorrow....day in the shop working on some pluggage! Fireside tomorrow night chillin'.......probably nodding off in my chair! Sunday.....more shop time.....breakfast with the little lady I am guessing??? Play it by ear!:uhuh:

Rappin Mikey
01-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Building igloos around sleeping Ricky Saturday. Wife's birthday Sunday (I hope I still have some left in the tank after Fiabbit)

Rockfish9
01-25-2013, 12:17 PM
ice fishing Saturday...sunday .. work on my Plugfest plugs...

chefchris401
01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Friday night, turning plugs, ccbc surfsters, pichney giant a 40s, and big pikies

Saturday
CSA demo day with Century Rods, bringing pulled pork sliders and chili

Saturday night
Work on plugs maybe???

Sunday
Relax with the wifey then cater a private party at 7pm til midnight.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

piemma
01-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Having about 700 sq. ft of hardwoods installed next week so moving lots of "stuff".

Swimmer
01-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Stoking the wood stove

Turning plugs and more plugs:the laboratory froze over at the bottom of the street, so my plug works are stymied until the river runs once again ice free.

Hanging with the wife and dog

Mojo is screwed up because football is over

Exercise:weighs and treadmill

Hookedagain
01-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Working tonight, hanging around the house tomorrow (the wife is working) going to try to cut some wood. Sunday I am going to try to get in the shop and start the cleaning process. I heard there is a lathe under all the crap in there.

fishbones
01-25-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm gonna do some stuff.

Got Stripers
01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Boredom followed by drinking, followed by more boredom and more drinking. Man do I hate winter, last winter was so nice, golfed all but 3 weekends; can't wait for a warm-up to melt the snow off the cape golf courses again.

Might dust off a couple draft articles and do a final edit, its been a while since OTW ran one of mine; Toby is going to run a couple sometime this year. Might lay out all the tackle for an inventory, hook and hardware inspection to see what I need to get on order. While at it I really should pull out a ton of crap I don't use and start to list some of it in the classified, I've been meaning to do that for years, just hard to part with stuff regardless of how many years since it's been wet.

Note to self: Stock up on beer on the way home tonight.

wader-dad
01-25-2013, 04:43 PM
CT Surfcasters' Demo Tackle sale Saturday-

Going to eat the Chef Chris' pulled pork sliders and chili. :uhuh:

Try to sell off some of my extra plugs I will not miss. Then probably buy some more plugs there that I will not miss.

Be good to get out of the house and talk fishing.

flyvice11787
01-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Went to Somerset Fly Show today. Working tomorrow. Off on Sunday, at which point I'll start to clean out my plug bags and start switching out hooks and stuff.

jredfly
01-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Kid's basketball games all day Saturday. On Sunday I may try to get them up skiing if it is not too cold. :uhuh:

5/0
01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Sorry Rick and Mikey
for not being able to attend FABIT but work calls for duty.
When you guys were sounding the horn i was on a 11 story building in downtown Boston waiting for my crane to deliver a 250ton unit......
it to was an awesome sunrise to witnessthe on the roof top and im sure it was better on the ice/ the stress level on your end is a lot more manageable .....
I stilll have your bracelet so no worries.

Enjoy the day guys!!!!