View Full Version : Superbowl food plans??

Saltheart
02-03-2013, 03:05 PM
What are people whipping up for food to have during the game? I usually do up something special (usually some gourmet seafood dish) but since its not the Pats I'm going with simple this year as i will be doing other things while the game is on. Looks like Tortilla Chips with medium hot salsa , Itallian sausage in Marinara sauce simmered with nice plump mushrooms either in sandwiches (french bread) or over spaghetti (hope my doctor doesn't read this!! :) ) , a little red wine with the sausage choice and maybe a brew or two first with the chips and salsa. I was going to make some guacamole but decided I am too lazy today. Maybe a pastry thing for desert but that's in the opposite direction (Wrights Dairy Farm) of where I will get everything else. Nothing like a nice piece of blueberry pie to end a supperbowl feast! :)

So what's everyone else doing?

spence
02-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Rumor has it I'm going to a hog roast slash block party in an exclusive neighborhood on the intercostal. I'm praying its not some booze free commune :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Linesider82
02-03-2013, 03:22 PM
1. Pulled pork, crock pot, either pork butt or short ribs, cooked 12 hrs w/ 2 sweet onions & root beer, coke or cherry coke on low. Pulled, fat discarded, save onions and pork, place that in bowl and use bbq sauce that first ingredient is not sugar or hfcs. Stubbs, dinosaur bbq sauce do not have sugar or hfcs as first.

2. Chicken Chili, wife made this so no details.

3. Guacamole, ditto

4. everyone else brings something, chips, fruit/veggie platters, cookies, whatever.

Overall way too much food, but good company & good leftovers

blondterror
02-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Crock pot Moroccan Brisket stew, Veggie dips, chips galore w/salsa
Great brew selection including Firestone Double Jack
Friends bringing homemade wings
Cheesecake for dessert

ProfessorM
02-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm going over Chris's house.

Fly Rod
02-03-2013, 06:11 PM
fresh pork shoulder w/potato and carrots

nightfighter
02-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Ol' Fashioned Texas Beef Chili!

johnny ducketts
02-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Chips & salsa, little smokies with BBQ sauce, pizza, and blooming onion. Bring on the tums!

The Dad Fisherman
02-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Pulled pork, baked beans, and Mac n cheese

spence
02-03-2013, 10:44 PM
The whole hog was excellent, although to the dismay of the woman who had it coked they pulled the brains before it was sold. She (South American and quite attractive) was really excited to show me her pork brains and really disappointed the cavity was vacant.

Saltheart
02-03-2013, 11:02 PM
We used to roast a lot of pigs on spits and one event was for St Mary's Church in Shrewsbury MA. There were usually 4 pigs for that and each pig head with the brains inside was presold to usually some anciant german person. we would put the head with a hole in the top on a board and somefruits and veggies , etc and we would carry the head over to the person who bought it like 4 men carrying the Ark of the Covenent while the band played. They would then sit there with a long handles spoon and eat the brain from inside the skull through the hole .