View Full Version : So, what's up for the weekend?

JohnR
02-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Are you prepared for the
BLIZZARD?

fishaholic18
02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
I think I'll hit the beach... :rotf2:
Be safe....

rphud
02-08-2013, 07:56 AM
I think I will be shoveling. Drywall too if I can get some in the house this morning. If not, maybe just play with the wiring and plumbing a bit.

BMEUPSCOTTY
02-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Storm watching, taking pics, shoveling, drinking...
:lurk::buds:

BigFish
02-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Sit in front of fireplace mostly, shovel a little (cough, cough....a little?) Watch the Bruins tomorrow, maybe some time in the shop....and drink beer while I do all of the above!:uhuh:

BobT
02-08-2013, 09:55 AM
SNOW BLOWING !!!!!!:fury: :af:

MAKAI
02-08-2013, 10:44 AM
My dog's version of hitting the lottery is to be out in this crap. I'll be out in it constantly... maybe I'll give her some Xanax.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman
02-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Hit Market Basket and got the fixings for some homemade chinese food, hit the liquor store for some beverages, got a chit load of movies to watch.......I'm good to go.....

Slick Moedee
02-08-2013, 10:51 AM
is on the list. I like the xanax idea for the dog as well. He is already wound up...

JohnR
02-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Just picked up a Snowblower :love:

rphud
02-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Doggie Downers!

RIJIMMY
02-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Hit Market Basket and got the fixings for some homemade chinese food, hit the liquor store for some beverages, got a chit load of movies to watch.......I'm good to go.....

that sounds like a good weekend!

No blizzards here but we will have some severe thunderstorms which could produce hail/tornadoes. I was planning on fishing but weather doenst look like it will cooperate. A few sports with the kids and maybe some errands and lay low.

RickBomba
02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Supposed to be going to il Cappriccio for early Valentines Day, that's not happening now.

Tonight, clean room, tape, maybe get in round one of paint.

Tomorrow round 2 of paint. Get Jack from Jess' parents. Bruins.

Sunday put everything back in the room and get reado for the new bed being delivered on Tuesday.

Mr. Sandman
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't shovel or blow snow...I just leave it and drive and walk over it. God bringth and he takeith away. I never understood the whole shoveling thing. Everyone has 4wd and a good pair of muck boots right? I don't think they should plow roads either...just drive over it or stay home but I am in the minority on that. (big waste of money IMO, it will melt)

Swimmer
02-08-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't shovel or blow snow...I just leave it and drive and walk over it. God bringth and he takeith away. I never understood the whole shoveling thing. Everyone has 4wd and a good pair of muck boots right? I don't think they should plow roads either...just drive over it or stay home but I am in the minority on that. (big waste of money IMO, it will melt)

From the sounds of things, with your back the last several months, a snow shovel is the last item I would expect to see in your hands. Snow doesn't last long over there anyways.

Swimmer
02-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Split about a half cord of wood this morning, elm, that had been sitting cut to length about a year. Its dried perfectly. Brought some into house, put a bunch in the back of truck, and stack the rest in the shed to keep dry for use in the next few days.

Will be turning darters from the last of the maple bats I have. I turned one darter from a bamboo bat. I think I'll keep that one.

Hanging with the wife and dog. May have a cold one after snowblowing.

Jackbass
02-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Plow snow blow repeat my buddies bar is closed so I will have to pack a lunch

buckman
02-08-2013, 01:31 PM
About to go to Venus for lunch. Hoping the house survives . Nothing outdoors planned . :)
GHBT tuna seminar on Sunday God permitting

Swimmer
02-08-2013, 01:47 PM
About to go to Venus for lunch. Hoping the house survives . Nothing outdoors planned . :)

What Venus?????????????

RIJIMMY
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
"go to Venus for lunch" I think thats junkie slang for shooting up

niko
02-08-2013, 02:16 PM

bob said he was leaning towards cancelling but will make the call tomorrow. and find a better place for lunch

Saltheart
02-08-2013, 03:23 PM
I have food , beer , wine , a hurricane lamp and a hand crank radio. I also have an auxillary gas stove for heating the house that will continue to work even without electricity. I may just stay in the house until Sunday or even Monday. If I don't lose power I will likely watch a lot of Netflix and maybe do a little woodworking.

buckman
02-08-2013, 03:33 PM
bob said he was leaning towards cancelling but will make the call tomorrow. and find a better place for lunch

Ended up at Haddads :)

Zeno
02-08-2013, 04:15 PM
i think i am going to crank a Mac up and work on some videos....IF we have power!..there is not a gas station within a mile from me that has any gas, they are all out

Uncle Rob
02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
THIS IS A GREAT WEEKEND TO START CHECKING MY FISHING EQUIP. FOR HE COMING SEASON. i'M SURE i'LL WANT TO ADD TO WHAT i ALREADY HAVE.

keeperreaper
02-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Boozing and moving snow.

Hookedagain
02-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Ski Ski Ski Ski....not necessarily in that order. I have been up north skiing all week and I don't really have any plans on returning. Hope to get snowed in til Monday. Coo; thing is my niece is staying at my house, so guess who gets to shovel???

Rob Rockcrawler
02-09-2013, 07:12 AM
After i do round 2 and 3 of snowblowing i think i will crank up the melting pot and pour a few jigs. Paint and tie them with a bottle of something next to the woodstove. I will be holding off on the drinking until i figure out when the shiner shop is opening then i will snowblow a loop on the lake and set the tilts. I think the snow will be a good depth so when i get a flag it will be the only thing visible on the lake.

jredfly
02-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Just picked up a Snowblower :love:

I hate you. :fury:

I usually just shovel for that is why I had 4 kids but with being plowed in chest high and a snow plowing entrepeneur offering to clean said driveway for a very reasoanble sum of money I decided to let him do his magic. Needless to say I have 4 very happy kids right now. :jump:

Hope everyone is staying safe out there!