View Full Version : Senator Blumenthal gives award to Vietnam Vet

Jim in CT
02-11-2013, 10:14 AM
New Milford Veteran Finally Receives Medal for Courageous Service in Vietnam War - News - The Litchfield County Times (http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2013/02/04/news/doc510c73c6e65dd380947552.txt?viewmode=fullstory)

A Connecticut man received tha Air Medal recently, for his service in Vietnam. The medal was given to him by CT Senator #^&#^&#^&#^& Blumenthal. This defines the word 'irony', because the NY Times (of all sources!) revealed during Blumentha's campaign, that he repeatedly lied about serving in Vietnam (he never went anywhere near the Vietnam War).

If I was a Vietnam Vet, I'd rather get the medal posthumously from someone who dodn't lie about serving in the manner in which I had. I'm not saying I wouldn't accept a medal from a liberal. But not from someone who falsely claimed to serve in my war.

Those lies didn't stop him from winning his election, of course. Not here in Connecticut. You see, we like to elect senators who only care about helping poor people, not those who care about enriching themselves. So we elected Blumenthal, who grew up in Greenwich and whose wife is a major owner of the Empire State Building. SO we elect a guy who lied about serving in a war, and then we put him on the Senate Armed Services Committee. So now, generals who actually served in that war, have to ask him for funding.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Swimmer
02-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Thats enough to make you hurl.

Jim in CT
02-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Thats enough to make you hurl.

And when Blumenthal runs again in 4 years, he'll win with 99.9% of the vote.