View Full Version : Last Alarm

Hookedagain
02-11-2013, 11:05 PM
This is the most difficult time I will have gone through in a long time. On Sunday morning a fellow firefighter and more importantly, a friend passed away. He was 37. He died of job related cancer caused by a fire we went to. Paul and I came on the job together and have remained close till his final breathe. There was an organization set up to raise money for him and his family, its called Chipstrong. Fighting this
disease is costly, so we tried to make a difference. Paul leaves a wife and two daughters, ages 8 and 13. If it is not too much to ask, please say a small prayer for his family in this most difficult of times. On Thursday we are going to lay him to rest and there will be Fire Dept's from all over the country there to pay their respects to Paul. Even though it will be a somber day, it will be equally impressive to see so many brothers march together for my Brother,.....my friend, Paul Chippendale. You will be missed. Rest easy Pal. Stay Chipstrong!

fishbones
02-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Sorry for the loss of your friend/co-worker. I'll keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Saltheart
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Sorry for your lose Spud.

Slipknot
02-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Very sorry for your loss
it sucks to hear about this
such a young man losing his life at that age :(

I lost a best friend at 37 also

ProfessorM
02-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Sorry for your loss Spud. I'll keep him in my prayers.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles
02-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Very sorry,tragic story.

RIJIMMY
02-12-2013, 05:50 PM
thats awful, I am very sorry to hear this and wish comfort for you and his family

Jackbass
02-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Very difficult FIre fighters are a tight group. His wife and Kids should feel like they have an entire city in their corner. Tragic end. RIP

afterhours
02-12-2013, 07:14 PM
deepest condolences to Pauls family and friends.

JohnR
02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Very sorry to hear the passing of your friend. It is easy to run from the fire, it takes significant intestinal fortitude to run to the fire.

Godspeed for your friend.

spence
02-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Done.

WESTPORTMAFIA
02-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Sux to hear this news Spud. Sorry for your loss of a good friend

Hookedagain
02-14-2013, 09:33 PM
So we laid Paul to rest today. It was a difficult day to get through. I am speechless. The strength of his daughters was amazing. One carried his helmet and the other carried his bell cap. The service ended and as we were leaving the owner of the funeral home pulled up and spoke with his family. We later found out the donated the ENTIRE service. Here is a few pics from today as the procession passed by his station and mine. Godspeed brother!!