View Full Version : 9wt Fly Line Rec?

Linesider82
02-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Fly line recs for 9' 9wt. looking for int. sink tip shooting head or similar, needs to turn over large flies.

I have been using Airflo Forty Plus but it's nearing the end of its life, wondering what my options are, what is working for others, what to avoid.

bucko
02-22-2013, 09:10 PM
The Air Flo Cold Saltwater Intermediate is the best I've used. Last week at the Bear's Den show a couple of knowledgeable guys were talking about how good the Wulf line shoots.

Linesider82
02-23-2013, 01:00 AM
The Air Flo Cold Saltwater Intermediate is the best I've used. Last week at the Bear's Den show a couple of knowledgeable guys were talking about how good the Wulf line shoots.

Salt Water Fly Lines | RoyalWulff (http://royalwulff.com/category/salt-water-fly-lines/)

These? Do you know which model line? They look nice :uhuh:

bonefishdick
02-24-2013, 09:30 AM
I will second the Air flo Clear Blue Intermediate for being the best on the market. i get on average 4 years out of one of these lines and i use it 80 % of the time and fish 4 days a week, sometimes more.

This is a full intermediate, not a Int sink tip. I have one of those also (Orvis 10 ft clear)that I use on the flats that I like a lot, but if I had to choose between th two, I would definitely go with the Air flo.

bucko
02-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Sorry, I was not able to confirm the specific Wulf Fly lines recommended.

Linesider82
02-27-2013, 10:39 PM
no problem, I wish we could test drive the lines somewhere.... but tough to recreate nasty wind& see your line fall in the water when you'd like to buy line
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device