View Full Version : STRIPER SURF DAY March 23th, 2013 10-4 at Rivers End

JohnR
02-22-2013, 05:16 PM
STRIPER SURF DAY March 23th, 2013 10-4 at Rivers End (http://www.riversendtackle.com/)

It won’t be long, the first migrating schoolies will here and the long wait will be over. Until then join us in celebration of surf fishing. It’s a great day to hang out, take in a seminar and just get reacquainted with some old and new surf rats. We’ll have great speakers, demonstrations, factory reps, sales, door prizes, gourmet road kill and good friends.

FEATURED SURFCASTERS
Dave Anderson – conducting a seminar “ Six Steps to Your Next Personal Best Striper”
Tony Stetzko – demonstrating St.Croix Rods
Steve McKenna – will demonstrate how to weight Red Fins and make them more productive.
Dennis Zambrotta – will be signing “Surfcasting Around the Block”
Zeno Hromin – will show how to get the most out of the new “Surfcasters Journal”
Adam Romagna – is displaying antique striper plugs

We’ll also have reps from CTS Rods, Van Staal, Commando Surfcasting, Super Strike, Zee Baas, Line Stretcher, Tsunami, Lunker City, Pure Fishing and more. It’s free, just show up.

MAKAI
02-22-2013, 05:28 PM
I may have to road trip that one.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wader-dad
02-22-2013, 05:37 PM
I go to eat. That's the best part.

"Moose" chili and last year pulled pork off the whole pig. Sure this year will be great too.

Oh yeah there is a lot of -what do they call it- Surfcasting stuff. And usually not one but 2 Mussos.

lamigsb1
02-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Sounds like another good roadtrip

trevier
02-22-2013, 07:28 PM
damn, that's the day of mike's sale,

smk379
03-03-2013, 11:18 AM
See you all there

piemma
03-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm in!!! Christian, you want to make the run with me from Northern RI?

RI Bass
03-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Do you have times for the speakers.

joebaggs99
03-03-2013, 08:01 PM
I go every year and enjoy seeing fellow fisherman that I haven't seen in awhile.

chrisjoe13
03-04-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm in!!! Christian, you want to make the run with me from Northern RI?

Hells yeah

bobber
03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm bringin' clams for the barbecue this year....

Hardcore
03-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Can't make this one :(
Between Somerset and RISAA I'm out of passes for the month.

jonserfish
03-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Can't make this one :(
Between Somerset and RISAA I'm out of passes for the month.
somerset progresive? i live two miles from there

piemma
03-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Hells yeah

Ok, we are on. Pm me you cell. I am way out of town but will be back by then

wader-dad
03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Surf Day is this Saturday. I urge anyone who wants to take a ride for a great free event to please come.

Lots of free advice in seminars -and just standing by and listening to Pat Abate, Dennis Z, McKenna, Dave Anderson, Musso, Stetzko, Zeno, Vito Orlando and other surprise guest legends- some of their know-how enters your brain.

Its a blast . Did I say the food is really good?

wader-dad
03-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Pat is going to have the Knot testing machine at Surf Day. So you can bring some of the line you use, tie your knots and find out what pounds it breaks at. I think that machine has been making the rounds. May have been at Saltwater Edge. Guys say that its interesting. 30 pound original fireline breaks at 50?

tlapinski
03-21-2013, 09:38 AM
This is one of my favorite events of the year! I'll be there with the wife and newborn in tow so look for the guy pushing the baby carriage around. :wavey:

JLH
03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Looking forward to it!

fishrick
03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
"Shack-nasties" will be a driving force....could be bigger than a State Fair! Will be there for sure!

Gobi
03-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Great time today. Nice to see so many friends after a long winter. Looking forward to fishing with you this summer. KM

UPSmanMatt
03-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Had a great time, lunch was awesome. Thanks guys. :)

N.ShoreFisher
03-24-2013, 08:47 PM
man, I wish I didn't work weekends!

JohnR
03-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I was trying to make it but I'm glad I didn't. Tire blew out on the way to dog park, spare tire dropper thingy broke. Got a new tire after walking a ways home and arrange cars, and the rim was fused to the drum. Would have sucked had this happened 50 miles from home

Zeno
03-25-2013, 03:53 AM
that sounds like a nightmare boss

piemma
03-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Sorry I missed it. Was going with ChrisJoe13 but ended up on a late flight out of SFO and just couldn't get up on Sat after 3 hours sleep.

JohnR
03-26-2013, 03:06 PM
that sounds like a nightmare boss

It sucked. It took 90 minutes of PBBlaster, sicssor jack between the leaf spring and the wheel, and whacking the rim and prying the rim with the crow bar before it popped loose. Worse change evah (for me).

Much rather'd seen all of you

Matt D
03-26-2013, 03:35 PM
It sucked. It took 90 minutes of PBBlaster, sicssor jack between the leaf spring and the wheel, and whacking the rim and prying the rim with the crow bar before it popped loose. Worse change evah (for me).

Much rather'd seen all of you

Those under truck spare tire carriers are the pits. I ran over some debris and blew a tire on 495 while hauling my 34' fifth wheel a couple of springs ago. Had to pull to the side, and drop the trailer. Couldn't get the spare to come down from it's "home" to save my life. After a couple of hours of hammering, prying, and colorful language I was able to wedge the jack between the frame and the spare. Cranking the jack finally bent the mounting ears holding the rim in place and released the tire.

I now drop the spare a couple times a year just to make sure it's not frozen up.

JohnR
03-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Those under truck spare tire carriers are the pits. I ran over some debris and blew a tire on 495 while hauling my 34' fifth wheel a couple of springs ago. Had to pull to the side, and drop the trailer. Couldn't get the spare to come down from it's "home" to save my life. After a couple of hours of hammering, prying, and colorful language I was able to wedge the jack between the frame and the spare. Cranking the jack finally bent the mounting ears holding the rim in place and released the tire.

I now drop the spare a couple times a year just to make sure it's not frozen up.

The spare is still stuck underneath. The rod going between the crank and the drop mechanism snapped. I couldn't get the wheel off the axle, it was frozen to the EBrake drum part of the rotor. Once it warms up I'll get the spare off ;) - I've been thinking for a while that I would do that over the spring just in case it might seize :smash::devil2::rotf2:

tysdad115
03-26-2013, 03:57 PM
The spare is still stuck underneath. The rod going between the crank and the drop mechanism snapped. I couldn't get the wheel off the axle, it was frozen to the EBrake drum part of the rotor. Once it warms up I'll get the spare off ;) - I've been thinking for a while that I would do that over the spring just in case it might seize :smash::devil2::rotf2:

I see you have been properly having your tires rotated....:rotf2:

ProfessorM
03-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Lol. That happened in driveway this past fall. Couldn't get the tire off the hub. Beat the he'll out of it to finally get it off and the spare was so rusted I was scared to drive on
It but it lasted for the day. Horror show all around.

jredfly
03-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Anyone know of anything good to spray on to loosen frozen spare tires or any other tricks?

JohnR
03-26-2013, 09:11 PM
I see you have been properly having your tires rotated....:rotf2:

I change 'em in pairs. New ones on the front. Usually wreck 'em before they scallop too bad :rotf2: - I got a 180K miles on the ThunderPig

Anyone know of anything good to spray on to loosen frozen spare tires or any other tricks?

Might be good to look up forums on your truck. I would think white lithium would be good for lube but all the crud underneath would attract to it.