View Full Version : Bad Bait

dirwin99
06-08-2003, 04:50 AM
I don't know about anybody else but I'd like to here from others about the bait others have been getting. I'm tired of putting out 4 and 5 bucks a pop for worms that have been sitting in the bait shop to long. I understand the weather has been bad and the shops arent't doing the bussiness they usually do but to put out old bait it bad bussiness!!!!! I got herring the other day that couln't be put on a hook after 15 minutes on the beach. Worms that are so soft they cant be casted. I finally dorve to Plum Island yesterday because I need a new guide for one of my poles where not only did I get my guide but good fresh herrin and worms . Thank you Kay and Surfland. It's an hour ride there for me and something I can't do everyday but it just errkkks me when bait shops pass there losses on to there custometrs!!!!!!!

kayaman
06-08-2003, 10:09 AM
I'll second that.... kay is the tops ;)

LuaP73
06-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Hey Dirwin,
I haven't had a chance to get out there yet but i'm sure when I do get out i'll hear exactly from you how disgusted you are bud...... See you soon down the beach.:wavey: :pop:

Jenn
06-08-2003, 08:43 PM
do you have any ______???? what do they look like?????? well can I see them???? ok...thank you goodbye....

JohnR
06-08-2003, 08:48 PM
They have a great rep at that shop... But I can't help you with chunk bait - the only baits I use are live or freshly snagged :)

macojoe
06-09-2003, 12:51 AM
I have not bought a piece of bait in about 5 years now!! I got sick of all that crap stuff also. I go squiding aith a friend, get my own herrin, get my own Mac's (not this year), and we dig are own sand eels. I have one of them vacum packers it works great!!
Ok I lied, I do buy eels in the fall.

likwid
06-09-2003, 12:58 AM
man... i need to hook up with someone who consistantly gets live herring ;)

must learn the ways!

MikeTLive
06-09-2003, 01:24 PM
What should I use to catch herring fishing from a pier?

Sweetieface
06-09-2003, 01:47 PM
OH!! KAY, where do I find Kay??? I've heard about Kay for over a year now, and HAVE to visit her shop! Everyone I talk to mentions Kay....

Where on Plumb island?? Shop name? Streets?? Please?

Iwannakeeper
06-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Kay Moulton at Surfland Bait and Tackle.

Can't miss it. On right side as soon as you get out on the island.

She is great