View Full Version : Pleasant resolve to license renewal snafu

Swimmer
03-08-2013, 01:41 PM
I have tried a few times to renew my saltwater license. Everytime I follow through from screen to screen I get to the end where the total fee is suppose to appear inside the box on screen and the transaction stops there. I emailed the Fish and Game people and this morning I receive a call from a very pleasant Miss Davis, who checked on my dilema. She couldn't find anything wrong, but asked if I didn't mind that she send my license to me in the mail as she could print it from her office. I thanked her, and I am awaiting the license from the USPS.

I thought that was extremely courteous, and I was more than impressed that she was at work today of all days in Boston somewhere.

BasicPatrick
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
As one of those appointed to advise the DMF on the license fund and related programs this is great to hear. I am pretty sure the customer service for the renewall is managed by a contractor (company) that does many different states. I will pass your compliment on at the next meeting of the advisors.

Raven
03-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I have a feeling you missed a check box or something else
that is required ..... (small) and you were one click away from success

sometimes it's something just below the horizon of your desktop/laptop.

Swimmer
03-10-2013, 10:40 AM
I have a feeling you missed a check box or something else
that is required ..... (small) and you were one click away from success

sometimes it's something just below the horizon of your desktop/laptop.

Sorry Craig, I did not miss a thing. But the young lady couldn't have been more pleasant. Once you have completed the licensing process, and have your customer I.D. all the blanks are filled in for you.

Swimmer
03-10-2013, 10:44 AM
As one of those appointed to advise the DMF on the license fund and related programs this is great to hear. I am pretty sure the customer service for the renewall is managed by a contractor (company) that does many different states. I will pass your compliment on at the next meeting of the advisors.

Patrick the call-back number on my Iphone listed a Boston, Mass. number, so even it wasn't the DMF and it was a contractor, she still went to work in Boston on a very snotty day.

Raven
03-10-2013, 06:40 PM
i enjoy buying them at the westboro f&G office
always a pleasant experience too