View Full Version : Franky at it again!

Patrick
02-14-2001, 10:19 AM
FD is posting something over at that other site again. LOL. Talking about how people slander him. All that I say is true. I don't care for the guy, I don't buy into what he says, and I don't buy into the hype over him. Like he was the best fisherman in the world or something. It's not slander if the stuff is true!

"Hi everybody!"
"Hi Dr. Frank!"
If you don't get that, watch the Simpsons lol.

JohnR
02-14-2001, 06:21 PM
That was pretty tame talk for him, unless he is just trying to get some sympathy... Not trying to beat a dead horse but here is my spiel after reading his books and hearing him speak a few times:

The man knows how to catch fish. I'm sure if he was a bit more mobile, he could do it alot today. He also knew how to catch alot when conditions were different back a few decades ago.
I think about what I have learned from #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& (and some SERIOUSLY damned good fishermen that don't come here), FW, Saltheart and others I've fished with and what I've learned from you folks here and at other sites and wonder how that would all come into play if we all got teleported back to the glory days. Some things that work today might be different back then. Some things from back then might don't always work as well today. The are changes. Even if you stand in the same spot on that river, the river is always changing. Things Change. You need to be able to change with it.
When I read his books and reports and this and that, I don't see much acceptance of change, I see alot of "back then". I enjoy reading about "back then" but I try not to confuse it with today. When he speaks, if you want to listen, listen carefully. But YOU need to be the judge of whether it is relevant today or not.

Other than the fact that I'm a pinko commi slob from North Korea (at least I'm from Easter Mass), he really hasn't done too much to get me tweaked (although some of his comments would be censored for, uh, vocabulary if posted here) like he has some others.

Damn, gotta catch a train - will continue when I get home...

JohnR
02-14-2001, 09:39 PM
OK, I'm home and just ate, lousy day at the office... continuing:

I don't like how inflexible he is and how it is his way and that's it. If you don't agree, you're a fool and not worth the air you breathe, oh yeh, and you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to fishing.
And another thing, he treats most people like crap. Maybe his post about the kindler and gentler Frank is sincere. If so, that's a good thing. Maybe he won't be so stinkin' inflexible too.

Well, really not trying to start a pi$$ing contest but if you don't want to listen to him, don't.

Blitzseeker
02-15-2001, 09:30 AM
I think Frank has a lot in common with Howard Stern(seriously). More people spend more time talking about him than it's really worth. People either love him or hate him, but EVERYONE seems to like to talk about him.

I've read his books and found them interesting...no more and no less. Obviously, you don't learn to fish from a book anyway, it's mostly entertainment. Some of his stuff is outdated, some is still very useful today. He's one of the few people that has written some decent books about surfcasting, so he can't be all bad, right?

All the talk inspired me to go over and check out his board, and the worst thing I can really say about him is that there are many times when I really just don't understand what he's talking about. Certain sections of his posts are unintelligible. Inside jokes or something, I guess.

JohnR
02-15-2001, 11:00 AM
I agree. He does ramble worse than me :P

I hope I am semi-coherent when I'm in my golden years :D