View Full Version : stormer jackets

lamimann1212
03-10-2013, 10:15 PM
looked nice anyone using one?

makomania
03-11-2013, 12:06 AM
I have the original typhoon and picked up a Stryker and a pair of gloves today.

The Stryker runs about a size small compared to the typhoon. I stepped up to an M from an S in the typhoon.

Love the jacket for blackfish and cod trips and it was sweet for those cold nights come the end of October and November in the surf. The gloves should be awesome, but the casting finger will have to be covered for braid usage
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rob Rockcrawler
03-11-2013, 04:48 AM
I have a typhoon and i love it. I wear it late in the season, boat fishing, ice fishing, snow blowing. ITs an awesome coat but its only good for really chilly weather as it is really warm.

scottw
03-11-2013, 05:21 AM
same here, got it to fish in and now I wear it all the time ...you can use it all season if you wetsuit but neoprene makes it a warm layer will probably cook you in the summer months if you're not wet all the way through....on the other hand neoprene floats great so if you go in the drink you have that on your side....my favorite product is their new beanie.....durabilitywise, I used it through last season, rarely rinsed it off and all of the moving parts still operate great, no signs of wear or seams coming apart, very well constructed...the new Stryker is cut differently than the old Typhoon

Chunkah
03-11-2013, 07:02 AM
I tried out the Stryker and Typhoon jackets, the beanie and gloves, along with there new bibs this past Saturday morning in some nasty cold and wet conditions and was EXTREMELY impressed. I took wave after wave and the only thing that got wet was my face (obviously uncovered) and my sunglasses. It was about 30 degrees with a stiff wind and I was warm, dry, and comfortable...really great products.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t454/Chunkah/a41a0110faed8563c737eaf7291ac60a_zps105fb46d.jpg

Pete_G
03-11-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm going to add a little shameless self promotion here.

We have in stock a big selection of StormR including full size runs (usually) of the bibs, Strykr and Typhoon Jackets in multiple colors, as well as both styles of gloves and neoprene socks.

Lastly, I agree, it's good stuff. The parent company of StormR is Henderson, which has a very good reputation for wetsuits.

Stormr | Saltwater Edge (http://www.saltwateredge.com/store/Stormr.html)