View Full Version : Got Rubba?

BigBo
06-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Hey GS, nice meeting you and Slip yesterday. Took my dad out today for a few hours in that area we discussed and those smoke split tails worked nice! Dad has never broken the 30" mark with the Stripers. Well, today, he landed a 38", 20lber. I thought he was going to have a heart attack he was so pumped up after I netted the fish for him. I don't think I've ever seen him that worked up before.
Anyways, I wanted to thank you for the tips and the discount. Looks like I'll have to place an order for some more in the very near future. I'll try to get the picture posted tonight or tomorrow. He sure looks proud holding up that Striper!:D

bassmaster
06-08-2003, 04:46 PM
A GS got a $hit load of bass on yellow 6" GS Gubber

Got Stripers
06-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Nice to meet you too, glad to hear about your success, hope you got a nice picture. If you did email me one for my bragging board. Got a ton of sweet rubber heading towards the Bait Shack in Orleans this week, so anyone heading down cape needed a rubber fix, Ed will have you covered down that way. I need my boat:(, I'm having withdrawal symptoms.

BigBo
06-08-2003, 07:34 PM
My daughter's got the camera right now, but as soon as I get it, I'll post a pic and also e-mail one to you.
Thanks GS.:kewl:

bassmaster
06-08-2003, 07:50 PM
GS got Puke Yellow? maybe U can stop @ exit 8 and see Me ,Im right off the ramp.
gonna Be good for rubba this month :th:

Fishpart
06-09-2003, 05:52 AM
Oldest son (6) got a 19" LMB on a 6 1/2" black stickbait yesterday:happy:

Got Stripers
06-09-2003, 07:19 AM
Cool, yeah they aren't just good striper baits, in fact the 4-1/2" split tail was originally designed for smallies. Here's my list of fish I know have been caught on my baits to date; stripers, blues, cod, fluke, yellowfin tuna, scup, jack crevelle, baracuda, redfish, albacore, largemouth & smallmouth bass, pickeral, crappie, sunfish, catfish, landlocked salmon.

STEVE IN MASS
06-09-2003, 07:26 AM
Specs and weakfish.......:)

tlapinski
06-09-2003, 09:44 AM
Scup? :laughs:

the 9" big jerks have been AWESOME on the CT river this spring! my three biggest river stripers so far this year have come on them. 39.5", 41", and 41.5". unfortunately, the only pic i have so far was of a little 34" runty from last week. :(

fishweewee
06-09-2003, 09:50 AM
Bob - I'll let you know when I catch a blackfish on one. :laughs:

Hmmm...how do I squeeze one of these on a dropper loop rig? :eek: :smash: :D

Got Stripers
06-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Toby, glad to hear that, how is the J&J supply holding out? Many guys using the baits, what no testimonial on the CT or J&J message board?

tlapinski
06-09-2003, 04:39 PM
they have been selling pretty good. i have been talking about them when i do reports. it has been a good year as far as #'s of fish, just not alot of real big fish. i had over 20 fish this time last year over 40", this year i have only 2! the guys that have been using the baits, love them! i'll see what i can do.

Got Stripers
06-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Let's hope that numbers/size thing doesn't hold true up our way and from what I hear there are some kick *ss size fish being caught. Well that's unless your a catch & release clown from another site, who doesn't consider a 50 a "nice fish". BM and Slip will get that joke and some others. I heard a couple came out of my favorite haunts last week and I'm getting my boat back tomorrow...yahoo.

BigBo
06-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Hey GS, better late than never. Here's the pic of my dad with his bass. Sorry about the quality, I need a new digital camera. I'll also e-mail a copy to ya. As you can see, he's pretty damned proud of that fish. I enjoyed seeing him catch it as much as if I caught it myself.
Specs; 38" @ 19lbs 12oz
Ledgerunner 5 1/2" Smoke Split Tails.
Scituate, MA
Thanks buddy!:kewl: :happy:

Gloucester2
06-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Looks bigger . . .

BigBo
06-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah, he might be holding it out a bit but those were the numbers. He now has a renewed passion for Striper fishing. He keeps bugging me about when we'll be going out again. Probably Saturday.:happy: :happy: :happy:

JohnR
06-11-2003, 09:38 PM
The fish does look bigger but he ISN'T holding it way out like so many people do ... Congrats for your dad...

Got Stripers
06-12-2003, 05:54 AM
Your dad has that cat that swallowed the cannary look, great picture and I'm glad I could be some help.

bassmaster
06-12-2003, 08:00 AM
gs this is Your R&D Team.....................
Mutard Yellow 6" Rubber please..........................