View Full Version : Got something to say,

Sgt Striper
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM
And I hoped it would never be on this site.
First off the following comments I make have nothing to do with the fact that I am affiliated with a rod company and recent threads, this is from me and only me! I started to frequent this site years ago mostly for the plugbuilders forum with it's great information and very talented builders., but then also the main forum. What I found was a great bunch of guys ( and some real characters) that could pass on information related to our passion and good natured ball busting, and as some of you who know me I never let the opportunity pass to get a little busting in myself.
So enough of the rambling and I will get to the point: How about we ALL get back to what this site is about, and not the high school drama queen, my rod is bigger than yours, etc, etc crap! It's been a long and devastating fall and winter and now that spring is here we are all in heat waiting for that first fishy smell so don't let that get you knee deep in stupid when posting. And finally, there was a thread a while back on one of the boards "Your Best find on the beach" which someone answered "My sanity!" Need I say more?
Peace and don't forget PlugFest is tomorrow, stop by and see your friends and maybe make new ones!

Slipknot
03-15-2013, 11:30 AM
:btu: here here :buds:

tysdad115
03-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Well said.

FishermanTim
03-15-2013, 11:51 AM
For those that aren't into ice fishing, the cabin fever starts peaking right around this time of year when people are itching to get back to the surf.

Luckily, I do enjoy the ice, so my "itching" wasn't too bad.

I am looking forward to some spring trips for the first arrivals and plenty of summer and fall nights playing in the surf!

JFigliuolo
03-15-2013, 01:13 PM
in a perfect world.... sure. But it happens every winter. people are all a bit cranky. Picture a room full of Alcoholics the first week of prohibition. Keep that in in mind and don't take it too seriously. Soon enough, things will settle back down.

ivanputski
03-15-2013, 01:32 PM
i agree... more than a few threads this winter started to make me think I was on the other site that i cant stand anymore...

FishermanTim
03-15-2013, 01:34 PM
in a perfect world.... sure. But it happens every winter. people are all a bit cranky. Picture a room full of Alcoholics the first week of prohibition. Keep that in in mind and don't take it too seriously. Soon enough, things will settle back down.

Then we'll replace the alcohol with red bull and a whole other mind set will take over (from lack of sleep).:smash:

piemma
03-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Amen Lou

smk379
03-15-2013, 01:43 PM
im not sure if ice fishing helps me through the winter or makes the anticipation of surf casting worse, but either way beer helps soothe the pain :uhuh:

JohnR
03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
:love:

bobber
03-15-2013, 02:56 PM
SOL is the home of the "look-at-me" and "Ive got more expensive gear than you"..... at least here there are some regular joe's that just fish. the recent squabbles are nuthin in comparison to the BS thats over there on virtually a daily basis.

soon- very soon. we will ALL be fishing again

Clammer
03-15-2013, 05:42 PM
S/S
You know me ><>< I never start any S H I T ......BUT is your rod is bigger .then its gonna hurt when ya F Y S ><><><>

Pete F.
03-15-2013, 05:48 PM
This would be occasioned by the annual onset of the dreaded SHACKNASTIES, which usually peak at the arrival of the Herring when everyone is looking at their equipment and confused as to if they are teenagers or on the downhill side of middleage.

BluesHarp
03-16-2013, 10:29 AM
It's this same time of year that the River Herring start to run.

So by coincident I suppose the attitude should be called "Bucky Fever".

Swimmer
03-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Timely thread Sgt.

iamskippy
03-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Lou for president!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rappin Mikey
03-16-2013, 09:20 PM
I usually fall in face first by the first of April.

Rappin Mikey
03-16-2013, 09:21 PM
I forgot extra clothes and my meds this year. BRRRRRRR

Slingah
03-16-2013, 09:25 PM
This would be occasioned by the annual onset of the dreaded SHACKNASTIES, which usually peak at the arrival of the Herring when everyone is looking at their equipment and confused as to if they are teenagers or on the downhill side of middleage.

:uhuh: :rotf2: perfect!

Raven
03-17-2013, 05:33 AM
black S~B T-shirts