View Full Version : Above and beyond Water Dad

bassmaster
03-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Here is the story behind what I am going to tell you.
My brother passed away and when I was in Maine taking care of things My brother had a log that he split he was saving as he seen the beauty in the wood, it was flame maple.
I had taken this pc of split wood home and removed the bark and got a few pc of wood from it. So I turned some plugs. I have a pike I made and a squid I made . Some one had did something nice for my brother after he passed I really wont get into it bud I had sent him this plug. welp I guess he sold it and that's some cold #^&#^&#^&#^& in my book
Anyway I guess Water Dad got ahold of it and do you know what came in the mail today...
That plug, It really brought out some feelings so to say and was totally blind sided by this in my eyes I call an act of Honor.

Thanks Water Dad you really made my Year not just the day and today the rear end in my car died on me, so a little down till I went to the mail box.
So I clap a well done
I have not turned any plugs in a long time but ill see what I can do :)

Now You need to look in the mail..........................
Your pure class and i'll plug with you any time.

Once again Thank You..

this is the plug I made

pbadad
03-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Dave thats Rob (wader dad)for you. He's a stand up guy. Glad it helped.

timmah
03-15-2013, 05:48 PM
That is awesome, story made my day too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
03-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Nice :btu:

bobber
03-15-2013, 07:42 PM
agreed- he's a good egg

Jenn
03-15-2013, 07:44 PM
:love: Love this story and thanks for sharing it with us. Sometimes it's the little things that make it all worth it!

Rockfish9
03-15-2013, 07:46 PM
classy jesture.. goes to show the world aint all bad!

chefchris401
03-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks for sharing the story with us here, this site is full of great people that always help each other out.

N.ShoreFisher
03-15-2013, 08:28 PM
thanks for sharing, great people in here! Btw, that is one hell of a beautiful plug sir!

Rappin Mikey
03-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Brothers are something that will always Be. This place and beyond. BELIEVE THAT!!!

achase
03-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Rob's a good guy! Thanks for sharing that.
Beautiful plug you made.
Andrew

ivanputski
03-16-2013, 12:43 AM
restores my faith in people when I hear stories like this...

And hearing about how much of a difference a nice gesture can make to a person
makes you think about what you can do for others.
I'm up late tonight just praying and reflecting since 3 years ago this very night I lost my mom to cancer... This story is really uplifting for me to read right now...

Sundowner
03-16-2013, 03:21 PM
All around :claps:

PaulS
03-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Knowing Rob, it doesn't suprise me. He is a great guy!

Strider
03-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Dave, vary happy for you and thanks for sharing. Rob is truely a great person, his actions are no surprise to those who know him. Well done to both of you!

vineyardblues
03-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Rob = GREAT GUY
He just gained yet another feather on his Back side !
Nice to see you yesterday Dave, be safe me friend

VB

wader-dad
03-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Wow- was away for the weekend. Did not expect this. So this is what I am going to tell you.

The squid plug is small payback for what Dave did for me. 10 years ago I wanted to see what this surfcasting was all about. I was on the Cape and hired Dave to take me out. So I see Dave catch- I think 17 bass on 17 straight casts - yeah this is for me. Crazy fun night as you would imagine- including Dave stopping his truck in front of a guy to block his Lexus who has tailgaiting him on route 6 north of Truro to explain as only Dave can that when he is aired down he does not go over 20.

I have been lucky to have bought a lot of Dave's plugs since and have caught some good fish on them. I would never go out without his black needlefish with the red around the eye. Killer. The plugs I have- genius.

But Dave's guardian angel is Peter O'Neill. ("Vineyard Blues") He keeps an eye on Dave for all us guys who want to know how Dave is doing- if Dave is ok. Peter has the biggest heart and does much more than just putting a plug in the mail.

Peter told me that the squid plug had been donated to an auction for a guy who was very sick to help pay his medical bills. (so it seems the guy who got the plug from Dave wasn't making any money on it) . After I got it, was very hard to part with that plug- the sweetest plug ever. Pictures do not do it justice

But if not for Dave- I would not have got into Surfcasting, would not have fished with his plugs, not have joined the CT Surfcasters, or met the incredible guys in the club and on this site, never would have fished Block Island, Cutty, the Vineyard, Montauk, never would been in Peter's basement to see his treasures- you have no idea!!!- and never surf fished with my sons. My life has been enriched.

So Dave- thanks to you.

zimmy
03-17-2013, 07:39 PM
good stuff

Slipknot
03-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Good story, wader-dad is a great guy for sure :btu:

Peter is a prince

SeaMule
03-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Interesting story, classy act of kindness, and must say I see why your brother appreciated that particular wood, for those plugs are absolutely beautiful.

DZ
03-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Nice story.
DZ

tattoobob
03-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Great story, guys

bart
03-19-2013, 11:40 AM
Sweet plug, really nice gesture. Good stuff...

Got Stripers
03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
Nice. I've still got a plug of Dave's never seen the water, be scared that feathered backside might attract a great white or something:).

bassmaster
03-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Hey Rob I went in my cave, seems im outa plugs LOL
i found these 2 nerdles with red round the eyes and see that green one..
Welp 10X10 made that, Ken and I was out of our mind fishing we really fished hard and caught more bass on nasuet than i can remeber. Huge fish some nights. One Time he came down It was time to go home so when he went to start his truck it wouldnt start.
So i took a look at it and seen an arc on one of the plug wires. He was bummin, I went into my shed and grabed a bomber and ripped the plug out of the box i took the bomber box and insulated his wire with it and taped it on LOL so he went home rofl, Man we use to love to bitch and complain, it was awsome...

Any way he made these needles i think in 01 or 02 i cant rember. he made them crude and said they will catch #^&#^&#^&#^& pretty paint . I slughtered fish on a black one. I used a chumbucket a gibbs one of kens and one of my needles same ones all year long. Killed fish.
Anyway Cowhunter sent me these needles he repainted that Ken made and that was wicked cool, Anyway U need to whip the #^&#^&#^&#^& out of that 10x10 plug and use my crap as a backup, let me know how ya did. I got a transmission on my bench so I may turn some nerdles But If you can get me 2X2 X 6" long I will make you the holy grail of a danny type plug that will out fish anything you have ever seen. I have a danny type i made 7 yrs ago and it is sweet reallly catches,,,,,,,

Any way if u get up this way let me know so we can go catch seals.....
:spam: Master

wader-dad
03-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Dave-no need to send me any plugs. I already have around 120 of them so I am all set.

I will post some pictures.

bassmaster
03-20-2013, 06:27 AM
Dave-no need to send me any plugs. I already have around 120 of them so I am all set.

I will post some pictures.

to late haha sucker :fishin:

BranfordJeff
03-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Waderdad, that's straight up good stuff. 3 cheers!

BranfordJeff
03-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Rob's a good guy! Thanks for sharing that.
Beautiful plug you made.
Andrew

Hey Andrew, please tell your brother I said hi and I hope all is well!

Thanks,
Jeff

jimmy z
03-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Very well done!