View Full Version : Merrimack River (Rocks Village) Clean-Up

Eric Roach
03-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Hello,

On Saturday, April 13, 2013 starting at 9:00 AM there will be a riverside clean-up at Ferry Park in West Newbury known locally as the shad fishing spot “Rocks Village”.

This picturesque bend on the Merrimack River naturally collects plastic and other floating debris from the cities upstream and could use some stewardship.

This is a great early spring spot for American Shad so if you would like to learn about the spot or shad fishing in general, come and meet local anglers while performing a valuable community service.

For detailed information, please visit West Newbury Cleanup (http://westnewburycleanup.blogspot.com)

Hope to see you there.

PI guy
03-18-2013, 08:54 AM
I'll be there, be advised that the bridge is closed and you will need to get there via Rt. 113.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Eric Roach
03-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Thank you for mentioning that, Jeremy -- I wasn't aware.

Eric Roach
03-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Parking Update

Please see image for an update on parking & directions.

I've asked the West Newbury Selectment to consider allowing parking along the "green" on Bridge Street (for this season only) due to the 70% reduction of parking availability at Ferry Park. I might not know until next week, so please only park along the blue shaded area on the river side of Church Street (do not park on the road beyond the small sign indicating the beginning of private property.) As of this writing, parking along the road in any other area may result in a ticket.

As a side note, the wide, shaded, red area in the pic' is a fenced enclosure protecting the construction company's assets -- please do not park in this area when the gates are open and please do not block the gates when closed. It would be a shame if the town eliminated access to the park while the bridge is under construction due to conflicts between users and workers.

Please also note that the cleanup area in this pic does not include the tarped area. Although that section typically holds the most plastic, it is private property and we do not yet have permission from the landowner to be there.

Eric Roach
04-08-2013, 05:31 AM
Parking is available all along the triangle green. Hope to see you there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Eric Roach
04-12-2013, 10:48 AM
(Thanks for the sticky)

Last call for volunteers to help in this community service. Weather looks nice for tomorrow. Hope to see you there.

Eric Roach
04-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Thank you to the volunteers who braved the near-winter-like weather this morning to give their personal time to community service. It was a small turnout, but we got the job done.

Special thanks to PI guy, who has attended every Rocks Village cleanup over the years...the best of fishing mojo to you my friend for all your help.

Eric Roach
04-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Admin: Thank you again for the sticky, feel free to remove (until next year's cleanup!)