View Full Version : 132 1-L what to do?

iamskippy
03-26-2013, 06:54 AM
Good morning,

I have been kicking around some ideas and i wanted some input.

I was trying to sell a near new 132 1-L for $150 but i realized this is a less then desirable rod/blank anymore, so i was wondering your thoughts on cutting it down to a 7' boat rod or a 7' sweet water rod.

Some questions that come to mind.

What would this do to the integrity of the bank?
What would the action be if cut from the tip and or tail?
Has anyone done or tried this before? What were the findings?

thanks in advance for any and all information and i am open to suggestions.

Skip

PRBuzz
03-26-2013, 06:59 AM
You have a boat?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

iamskippy
03-26-2013, 07:29 AM
You have a boat?

yup.

DZ
03-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Skip,
You'll have a nice all around surf stick by taking some off the tip and maybe even the butt. I have the 1201L and took about three inches off the tip to make one of my favorite surf sticks that can cast larger plugs and rigged eels. IMO too good a blank to waste as a boat rod. Talk to some builders.

DZ

iamskippy
03-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Skip,
You'll have a nice all around surf stick by taking some off the tip and maybe even the butt. I have the 1201L and took about three inches off the tip to make one of my favorite surf sticks that can cast larger plugs and rigged eels. IMO too good a blank to waste as a boat rod. Talk to some builders.

DZ

Thanks DZ, i use to love this blank but i found a new love in the ones i have now, i just hate to have this sitting doing nothing.

Saltheart
03-26-2013, 11:12 AM
When cutting a blank think inches from the tip , not feet. As far as the butt goes you can be bolder but remember that as you cut the butt the action moves closer to your hands.

stripermaineiac
03-26-2013, 08:57 PM
LOL.Still one of the best pluggin an eel rods around.Got some sweet big fish on mine includin a 53lb 4 0z 0n a plug in a nasty surf.News nice but those things hold up like few other rods do. i still fish mine just changed the guides on it.works even better with k frames on her.

iamskippy
03-26-2013, 09:31 PM
LOL.Still one of the best pluggin an eel rods around.Got some sweet big fish on mine includin a 53lb 4 0z 0n a plug in a nasty surf.News nice but those things hold up like few other rods do. i still fish mine just changed the guides on it.works even better with k frames on her.

Its a 5 +1 and really whippy now, i loved it when i used it, even took fish in a full current in the ditch, that was fun lol.