View Full Version : I don't seem to be anxious this year

Mr. Sandman
04-02-2013, 07:15 AM
After a long winter and a number of health problems I don't really seem to be as anxious to get her in the water. I have a few small projects to tackle replace some seating and bolsters and replace wooden drawers with new double sealed starboard drawers paint the bilge...etc I was going to do a major electronics upgrade and rebuild and reconfigure the entire dashboard over the winter but with being laid up as I was I may hold off another season or maybe just add a simrad unit to top of what I have now and expand/reconfigure later. I will probably get her in in early June this season.

Typhoon
04-02-2013, 07:48 AM
In the same boat (no pun intended)

Groundfish doesn't do it for me anymore. Going to take my time and sort the boat out properly instead of rushing everything and putting the boat in the water half assed. The projects you say you'll do, never get done.

Raven
04-02-2013, 10:38 AM
time to ....

as DOC Holiday said it best:

"it is time to redefine the NATURE of our Association" :grins:

likwid
04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
The projects you say you'll do, never get done.

Says you you lazy bum. :hihi:

Old thru hull: going this coming week
New electronics: added
New raw water pickup: after the old thru hull is gone
Leaning post: moved

Raider Ronnie
04-02-2013, 04:44 PM
You want projects, I got projects !
Kicking into high gear now that the weather is warming up and making glass work a bit easier.

In the same boat (no pun intended)

Groundfish doesn't do it for me anymore. Going to take my time and sort the boat out properly instead of rushing everything and putting the boat in the water half assed. The projects you say you'll do, never get done.

thefishingfreak
04-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm almost done.
picking away a little bit every day
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

thefishingfreak
04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Ohh wait Nevermind I forgot about the next project. Replacing the canvass enclosure

PRBuzz
04-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Ohh wait Nevermind I forgot about the next project. Replacing the canvass enclosure

:jump1::jump1::jump1:

Raider Ronnie
04-02-2013, 08:03 PM

What happened to the pilot house ?
Next year ?

thefishingfreak
04-03-2013, 06:14 AM
That's what I mean, removing the canvass enclosure

likwid
04-03-2013, 07:55 AM
You want projects, I got projects !
Kicking into high gear now that the weather is warming up and making glass work a bit easier.

Any reason for putting in the flip up controls over just making a glass pod under the rail other than access? (Not sure how high your gunnels are off the deck)

Raider Ronnie
04-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Don't want a charter playing with them while at the wheel house helm.
The plywood is just the mock up to get things to clear opening & closing. Will make out of same material (Coosa Board) I am doing my new (higher) deck with.
Got a toggle/ jog lever coming that works with my auto pilot that will go the left of the controls.
Also.
We gill net pogies.
I set & pull over the transom.
Can't have obstructions.

Any reason for putting in the flip up controls over just making a glass pod under the rail other than access? (Not sure how high your gunnels are off the deck)

Rip Runner
04-05-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm in the Flying Bridge restaurant parking lot so I have to be in by April 15th. I just left a message with the marina to schedule my boat to be dropped in. Kinda makes you get ready when you have to be in by a set date.

I have been chasing my canvas guy down for a few weeks to fix a section on my starboard side. I just talked to his daughter to learn that he died of a heart attack recently. I felt like an ass, but had no idea. He was a super nice guy had has done the canvas on my and my dad's boats for years.

All I have left to go in the water is zincs and some wax. After she's in I can do the electronics, fuel filters, and the rest of the spring cleaning.

likwid
04-06-2013, 05:40 AM
Don't want a charter playing with them while at the wheel house helm.
The plywood is just the mock up to get things to clear opening & closing. Will make out of same material (Coosa Board) I am doing my new (higher) deck with.
Got a toggle/ jog lever coming that works with my auto pilot that will go the left of the controls.
Also.
We gill net pogies.
I set & pull over the transom.
Can't have obstructions.

Gotcha, makes sense!

Guppy
04-06-2013, 06:18 AM

Mike
Curious, you make yourself with that ballzy sew machine?

Need to enclose my cc and thinking of trying it :smash:

Gup

thefishingfreak
04-06-2013, 08:14 AM
I have a Taylor's machine for sale
I'm getting rid of the canvass roof & clear curtains and making a pilothouse type enclosure.
Aluminum roof and full glass sides
I'm
Tired of getting dripped on.

Guppy
04-06-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm getting rid of the canvass roof & clear curtains and making a pilothouse type enclosure.
I'm

Thanks,,, I'm good with a machine, father was in the leather business. Like you said " stitch 1/4" ply" LOL

Stopping wind will work for me for now,,,,

Good luck, Gup

MakoMike
04-06-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm

FWIW, I used fiberglass for the roof and lexan on the sides. Worked out real well and didn't sacrifice any visibility.

thefishingfreak
04-06-2013, 08:23 PM
How does the lexan look now?
I don't want to have to worry about harsh cleaners or soap turning it brown. Or getting scratched up.

beamie
04-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Over time the lexan will scratch up. I have had my lexan windows in for about 10 years now. Just buffed them out with Flitz last season for the first time and it did a great job. Haven't noted any yellowing.

Squid kids Dad
04-07-2013, 01:23 AM

MakoMike
04-07-2013, 11:29 AM
How does the lexan look now?
I don't want to have to worry about harsh cleaners or soap turning it brown. Or getting scratched up.

Looks almost as good as the day I put it on. I got the UV resistant lexan, so the sun hasn't had much effect. I only hose it down with plain water to clean it, no soaps, so rubbing. Scratching is the only way to ruin it, so just don't touch.