View Full Version : Hertz

PaulS
04-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Just got back from a work trip. When I rented a car at the airport I was asked if I wanted GPS. I said yes knowing it would cost me a few extra $s. The car I got was a VW Passat - which I know was prob. an upgrade but figured they gave it to me b/c they didn't have the size car I requested. When I returned the car, I was charged an extra $59 for 2 days of an upgraded vehicle. I noticed the charge after I walked away from the guy in the return line so I went to the customer service desk. I told them that I didn't ask for an upgraded vehicle. They said the only cars that they had w/GPS where upgraded cars. Couldn't argue as I was worried I'd miss my flight home. Never was an issue for me b/f.

Sleazy if you ask me.

Saltheart
04-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Definitely Sleazy. If it was a corporate charge I bet they would have refunded you if you had the time to argue.

spence
04-02-2013, 08:04 PM
I'd be surprised if they don't reverse the charge if you call. It's times like these where it pays to be an ass.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIJIMMY
04-03-2013, 03:28 PM
I'd be surprised if they don't reverse the charge if you call. It's times like these where it pays to be an ass.

want me to make the call, sounds like Im the perfect fit!

FishermanTim
04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Sounds like a patented "bait-n-switch" routine.
You want a specific size vehicle, but "Sorry, we don't have any of that model available, so how about this vehicle instead?"
They can say that you were "told" about the upgrade status, but it was probably glossed over so that you may not of fully noticed what they were selling you.

I'd say give it a shot, as the squeaky whell gets the oil!

RIJIMMY
04-04-2013, 10:25 AM
I had a very different enterprise experience last Oct. We came in late to Logan. It was just me and my kids. There was a line at the counter and we waited about 20 minutes. We were all tired. The manager was at the counter and apoligezed when we got to the desk. He said name a car and we can take it. i had reserved a compact. My son said - do you have a chevy? He said yes, lots of em. Do you have a camaro? yes, do you want that? YES! I was like, err, same price as the compact? They guy said yes, sorry for the wait. We drove around in a camaro for the weekend!

striperman36
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
I get the fullsize but travel with my garmin, I normally have several geeks in the car with me , so we have battling gps directions.

The gps units in the hertz vehicles have the worst interface I've ever seen on a gps

I'd call and totally complain

The Dad Fisherman
04-04-2013, 12:25 PM
I had a very different enterprise experience last Oct. We came in late to Logan. It was just me and my kids. There was a line at the counter and we waited about 20 minutes. We were all tired. The manager was at the counter and apoligezed when we got to the desk. He said name a car and we can take it. i had reserved a compact. My son said - do you have a chevy? He said yes, lots of em. Do you have a camaro? yes, do you want that? YES! I was like, err, same price as the compact? They guy said yes, sorry for the wait. We drove around in a camaro for the weekend!

Had the same experience with Enterprise as well. Took the kids to florida and we ended up cruising around in a Mustang Convertible for the week... I have always had a good experience with Enterprise

RIJIMMY
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Paul - you dont have a phone with navigation?
Dude, its 2013.....

PaulS
04-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm too old for that new fangled technology. If I got a camaro or a mustang convert., I'd be happy.

I called 2 times and spoke to 2 different managers and they haven't called me back as they promised.

One actually started to say - "Was this for personnel use or business...." before I cut him off and said "what is the difference"?

Fly Rod
04-06-2013, 09:02 AM
budget upgraded me from full size to SUV no extra charge last month in Key West...booked the car 3 months in advance and was not on lot....when his words were upgraded I said from the get go I was not paying extra....never have had a problem with budget

nightfighter
04-06-2013, 09:06 AM
So Paul, I am assuming you are going to be in Atlanta for your annual trip to the Final 4...... Who are you going to rent a car with????

Nebe
04-06-2013, 10:47 AM
I was in Orlando for a week last month. Got a mid size car for $20 a day through Priceline and budget. No complaints here.

piemma
04-23-2013, 03:30 AM
I get the fullsize but travel with my garmin, I normally have several geeks in the car with me , so we have battling gps directions.

The gps units in the hertz vehicles have the worst interface I've ever seen on a gps

I'd call and totally complain

Switch to Avis. I'm an Avis First customer. Always get upgraded to the next level car and I travel with my garmin. Even if you don't carry your Garmin, all smartphone have the GPS function.

PaulS
04-24-2013, 02:00 PM
I just booked another reserv. for next week w/hertz. Different airport.

I'm a glutton for punishment :uhuh: