View Full Version : Race Point

Rappin Mikey
06-10-2003, 07:28 AM
Thinking about heading to N.Truro this weekend. Has anybody been successful at the Race/head of the meadow(is it open)/coast guard? Chris L howd you do?

Slipknot
06-10-2003, 07:46 AM
There are fish there. got 3 last night in Truro. They chow at sundown so don't miss that anyway.

bassmaster
06-10-2003, 08:31 AM
:D

Skip N
06-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Was at Coast Guard on Sunday and managed 6 bass. Nothing big but they were there.

BigFish
06-10-2003, 09:57 AM
I am going down to Truro/Race Point Thursday and Friday. I will let you know how I do when I get home Friday afternoon.:uhuh: :wave:

Rappin Mikey
06-10-2003, 10:49 AM
I'll be leaving Friday afternoon. But let me know how you did anyway. Good luck and May the fish be with you.

bassmaster
06-10-2003, 10:54 AM
it would B nice to keep the names of places off the board

Topwater
06-10-2003, 11:07 AM
BigFish

PM me about the above post.

Topwater

jugstah
06-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Everyone talks about Race Point all day.. nothing secret about it..

capesams
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
gotta BLOW the BRIDGES.

BigFish
06-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Nothing secret about Race Point 'cept the particular spot you fish, as for Truro, some jack$&% went and put it on a map.:smash: :ss:

izzy
06-10-2003, 12:08 PM
bassmaster,it seems a bit strange that you do not want even an area as broad as race point,head of the medow,herring cove,coast guard,north truro,ect... to be mentioned.To me this is the stuff that makes reading these post exciting!I do not want to fish in anybodys spot.nor would i go there just because someone caught fish there.I am bowhunter and i know all about not wanting someone in your spot when you get there.but i will at least tell you what county i hunt in.so you too can appreciate the story that i might be telling.:confused:

bassmaster
06-10-2003, 12:31 PM
I dont use the net for fishing info. But I do run from Chatham to Ptown and locate fish.
My spot is where I stand
im not going into it:smash:
Cape same what about the Tunnel:bo:

Karl F
06-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by capesams
gotta BLOW the BRIDGES.

:claps:

tunnel too

macojoe
06-10-2003, 05:57 PM
If no one talked about were, when, how, they are getting Stripers then why have this site??? I thought this is what striper talk ment?? Don't be so serious man!!
Any one want #'s to Fluke!! I have no problem with telling its a free ocean

likwid
06-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Some people act like lobstermen, and thats a subject I don't think anyone wants to touch....

But it could be worse, we could turn into the fishing reports in the newspaper... :D Oh yeah! There's PLENTY of bass In Newfoundland right now! yupyup!

capesams
06-10-2003, 06:19 PM
mouth of bass river:p

likwid
06-10-2003, 06:31 PM
acushnet river...
*cough*

:rolleyes:

bassmaster
06-10-2003, 07:18 PM
so if I take the Time to work the Back beaches and find where the bass are ,Im spossed to tell the world?
Not........
some Guys actually work for thier spots and it stinks to have an exact location handed out on the net.
see part of the sport is finding Your own fish, How You spossed to learn how to be consistant? By following? Not Me I say.
PM's are good for this stuff If You want to share spots with some one.
thank god the sands shift and the Bass are swapping out How there feeding.
Im not digging at no one its How I feel and the old school will never leave Me:smash:

mar t
06-10-2003, 07:20 PM
you know something? race point and head of the meadow are anything but secret spots so if someone wants to post about it they have every right to do so. so stop telling poeple what to do and say............................................... ..........................................it would B nice to keep the names of places off the board

dave do you blindfold your clients when you take then out to you favorate/secret spot???????????????????????

mar t
marty

likwid
06-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Well, if you told someone about where you fish, and they went and babbled "oh yeah... so and so fishes there all the time!" I can understand, but just smiling and ignoring when people talk about areas is the best policy.

How many people know that Hadley's Harbor holds cows all season? :P

(oops :smash: )

JohnR
06-10-2003, 07:33 PM
I think it's OK to work Towns into reports. I fish Narragansett but I won't necessarily say where, I'll fish Truro - same thing but if I'm fishing a tight spot on this spit of rocks in that town by that river over there I don't think I'm obligated to tell the world where I am. And I'm one of the guys with an internet site :D ... It's a balance. "Got 15 fish to 30#s in Hull last night" covers 15+ miles of shoreline, some privacy & some reasonable knowledge for others. "Got 15 fish to 30#s on the triangle rock 57 paces west of pole 580 behind Mary's Diner on an East tide casting 77degrees with a 8 count swing at 3:08 pm today - be sure to be there tomorrow afternoon at 3:50..." will overwhelm a spot... It's finding a BALANCE.... If you want to read the week old Fisherman Reports on where the fish MIGHT have been OR read the Friday Globe & Herald :laughs: , well - you know :)

Again - not trying to add fuel to the flames, but it's balance...

likwid
06-10-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm waiting for the "glob" to say that the big ones are in Acushnet River... that would truely make my day.

So they glow a little.... :cool:

bassmaster
06-10-2003, 07:40 PM
mart t i have no secret spot and no.
where your pictures with detailed map for this one.
right over your head

Slingah
06-10-2003, 07:50 PM
This is better than T.V.:D

Slingah
06-10-2003, 07:54 PM
And I was going to the back on Thursday anyway.I swear.

likwid
06-10-2003, 08:03 PM
i find blinders work well once you bring people to The Secret Spots(tm)

l.i.fish.in.vt
06-10-2003, 09:27 PM
i don't really mind people naming beaches, it gives me an idea were not to go.

Mike P
06-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Try booking a trip on a charter boat, and then plugging the coordinates of some of the capt's spots into a hand-held GPS, and see whether you ride or swim home ;)

likwid
06-10-2003, 10:42 PM
don't need GPS coords... just good points of reference ;)

Backbeach Jake
06-11-2003, 06:20 AM
Getting there is half the fun, guys. I don't need a free ticket to have fun.:D

Rappin Mikey
06-11-2003, 07:49 AM
Basically I just wanted to know if I had a chance of getting some nice sized fish.:confused: :confused: :confused: The fact of the matter is that peoples personalities are different, so there really is no need to throw shots at people (unless it's my brother). Since I have joined this web-site I have tried to utilize peoples knowledge the best I can. Hopefully, I can return this favor to others in the future. If you think about it we are all in the same boat (or on the same shore). We love to fish! So even though there are evident differences, let's keep things in perspective and remember what keeps us connected. I love you guys!!! and girls (sorry ladies, I should have put you first)

JohnR
06-11-2003, 08:03 AM
RM - there are small keepers in that area - whether bigger fish show, have shown, or moved will be determined by wet line - how's dat :D ?

Rappin Mikey
06-11-2003, 08:36 AM
Thanks

Jenn
06-11-2003, 11:41 AM
this is always a touchy subject and I try to stay away from it but the fact is we've ALL slipped at one time or another....but dont for one minute think that spots get exposed simply from internet blab.....posting spots or whatever you want to call it.

Funny how you can open up an issue of a certain fishing mag (that many of you I am sure subscribe to) and these spots are plastered all over the pages....but I never here anyone bitching about that.

I try to keep things quite myself....but it still burns me when how some people get royally bashed...(some deserve it some dont). and this doesnt just apply to this thread in particular, by the way.

If there are places to fish and people fishing it...its only a matter of time.....no matter how careful you think youve been......people are smart enough to figure these things out on there own....and eventually....they will.....

food for thought...your secret spot was probably someone elses secret spot and you probably pi$$ed them off when you showed up! EVEN if you found it all by yourself!!!

Now that I have put my own head on the chopping block.......go for it.....

Karl F
06-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
RM - there are small keepers in that area - whether bigger fish show, have shown, or moved will be determined by wet line - how's dat :D ?

:claps:

Now, that's a report!

Spots is spots, but best when you find 'em.

Towns, and beach names is OK, but don't get too specific, I seen pics posted with trailmarkers, and the hole showing in the background!. OK in January to post that pic, but don't set fire to yourself in season.

Just my .02... fire at will :D

Backbeach Jake
06-11-2003, 06:26 PM
I love ya all like brothers and sisters but I don't want to fish with all of you and all your friends at the same time at the same beach. No offense meant but geez how many members and how many lurkers are here? If we were face to face then that's a different story. otherwise you might as well go to $^*(#^&(*)port.:D