View Full Version : Live Target Lures

HugeDinghy
04-05-2013, 12:55 PM
did a search and didnt see this discussed...

the bunker, mullet and herring look really good, although they need the hardware swapped out....anyone have any real experience with these?

I'm sure how they wont hold up over time, due to the segmented body (even the bunker and mullet w one piece bodies I would guess, wont)...but as an early spring plug, i think it'll do fine. At their price, the bunker and mullet might not be worth it, in terms of being able to stand up to large/numerous fish....

picked up a few blue back herring, fast sinking ones today after seeing them a bunch of times...6 1/2" inch seems to be a dead ringer..although i grabbed the smaller (4.5 i think) one as well...

anyone?

bassballer
04-05-2013, 05:13 PM
I saw these as well and was thinking the same thing. Ill let you test them out and let know.

shadow
04-05-2013, 05:39 PM
I fished them last year in a river loaded with herring and the times I threw them I only got one fish but in all fearness I didn't fish them when I was into fish bc my eelskin atom jr was doing to good of a job to think about switching out. I do think they look and swim like a herring and I will try fishing it more this year when there are fish around.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ProfessorM
04-05-2013, 05:55 PM
I had one one of the small to med size ones but did not do much on it. The same size magic swimmer was a fantastic producer.. I would opt for that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

HugeDinghy
05-08-2013, 11:58 AM
have had good success with these baits since picking up a few. only observations thus far are 1) even the fast sinking sinks very slow, i dont beleive the 1' a second they say, and 2) you have to reel them painfully slow if you want them to stay subsurface.