View Full Version : Who says there is a liberal bias in academia?

Jim in CT
04-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Professor Calls Republicans Stupid & Racist | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes (http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/professor-calls-republicans-stupid-racist.html)

Santorum calls speech controversy at Grosse Pointe South 'troubling' | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com (http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130411/SCHOOLS/304110424/-1/rss12)

I love that second one. Rick Santorum was invited to speak at a detroit-area high school. The administration rescinded their invitation. Then, they decided to let him speak, but in order to hear Santorum talk, the students must get signed permission slips from their parents. So...these teenagers don't need their parents' permission to, say, get an abortion. But they need permission to hear Rick Santorum talk.

Detroit has elected nothing but liberal Democrats for 75 years, and look at where they are. Maybe, just maybe, it might behoove Detroit city officials to hear an alternate point of view. Are things so utopian in Detroit that they don't need any help?

detbuch
04-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Professor Calls Republicans Stupid & Racist | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes (http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/professor-calls-republicans-stupid-racist.html)

Santorum calls speech controversy at Grosse Pointe South 'troubling' | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com (http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130411/SCHOOLS/304110424/-1/rss12)

I love that second one. Rick Santorum was invited to speak at a detroit-area high school. The administration rescinded their invitation. Then, they decided to let him speak, but in order to hear Santorum talk, the students must get signed permission slips from their parents. So...these teenagers don't need their parents' permission to, say, get an abortion. But they need permission to hear Rick Santorum talk.

Detroit has elected nothing but liberal Democrats for 75 years, and look at where they are. Maybe, just maybe, it might behoove Detroit city officials to hear an alternate point of view. Are things so utopian in Detroit that they don't need any help?

Don't assume that Grosse Pointe being a "Detroit-area" city means that it is a monolithic Democrat/Liberal/Progressive city which lacks alternate points of view. It is an old and wealthy suburb. You will instantly notice the difference when you cross the border that separates it from Detroit. It is much closer to utopia than Detroit ever was, and it certainly doesn't need any help. It was exactly that alternate point of view which protested the school system superintendent's decision to ban Santorum, and which quickly made him reverse the ban. The 18-year-old senior who heads the school's chapter of Young Americans for Freedom was instrumental in inviting Santorum to speak, and he also spearheaded the protest that forced the reversal to let Santorum speak. He is very articulate and politically savvy, and plans to attend Hillsdale College after graduation. There are more youths in this country than one would think who have an alternative point of view to what seems to permeate the present college generation. They are rather invisible for the most part, I think, because major media doesn't seek them out to stick microphones in their face. They don't fit the politically correct model. They are pretty much censored, as was Santorum, from influencing their generation. But they may be heard from in the future.

Swimmer
04-22-2013, 05:25 PM
John Cusack and Minnie Driver liked Grosse Point, so did I.

Nebe
04-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Some republicans are stupid and racist. So are some liberals.
:hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT
04-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Some republicans are stupid and racist. So are some liberals.
:hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I don't see widespread examples of conservative indoctrination at our universities...I don't see that, and you know what? Neither do you.

True that there are jerks on both sides. But from what I can see (and i follow these things closely), only one side is attempting to silence the other side in the arena of academia. And that's one place where you'd think they'd want to encourage open debate. Nope.

scottw
04-22-2013, 10:20 PM
John Cusack and Minnie Driver liked Grosse Point, so did I.

great soudtrack!! I still have it