View Full Version : Plug spinner/dryer

N.ShoreFisher
04-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Finally got around to completing my spinner....gonna test it out tonight with some plugs. Fully loaded it will handle 8 plugs which I figured I can always change out the discs to do more if that need ever arrives. Anyway, used a universal rotisserie from Home Depot, the wheels I got from Michael's Craft Store, and I used just simple hooks and springs to hold the lures. Decided not to put it in a box, that way I can switch out the wheels later on if need be. I'm sure it will take a little longer to cure, but there's no rush if I do it over night or on a long day off.

pbadad
04-18-2013, 06:50 AM
Nice and simple . Good job. Are you coating first then putting on spinner? If so isn't the pretty tricking not dropping plugs? I 've been flipping and still manage to customize a few plugs when they drop on the floor. OUCH!!!

Slipknot
04-18-2013, 08:44 AM
good job

you are into it now for sure

Rockfish9
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
nice.. you still might rethink putting it in a box.... just to keep unwanted smegma from landing on them...that includes bugs and dust bunnies...almost time to use the fruits of you labor...

N.ShoreFisher
04-19-2013, 12:15 AM
haha pba, nah, I hang then coat. I'll get some pics up tomorrow maybe of the kits I just got off the spinner. Got 8 more spinning tonight.

Linesider82
04-19-2013, 07:26 AM
N.Shore, where'd you find that motor? $? looks good!

N.ShoreFisher
04-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Linesider, that's a universal rotisserie kit I got from Home Depot for like 29 bucks. Works pretty good. I'm thinking about changing out the wheels to heavier wooden ones now that I dried about 16 lures. They seem to warp a little and aren't a real wood like I thought, but some sort of pressed plaster board or something. But they did the trick for the maiden voyage