View Full Version : Impacts from budget cuts

RIJIMMY
04-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Air Force Thunderbirds and now Blue Angels are not performing this year due to forced spending cuts. They were supposed to come this summer at the FT Worth Air Show.

JohnnyD
04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Frankly, this doesn't upset me. The airshows are definitely awe-inspiring, but right now they're nothing more than an unnecessary waste.

RIJIMMY
04-19-2013, 01:03 PM
or....they can charge admission and possibly be a revenue opportunity for the gvmint?

JohnnyD
04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
or....they can charge admission and possibly be a revenue opportunity for the gvmint?
A responsible fiscal decision by our government?? Stop it!!!

It furthers the Democratic agenda more if people are inconvenienced and lose "services" as opposed to asking people to pay for something that was once free.

I mean seriously now... next you're going to suggest that people on welfare should be attempting to find employment.

spence
04-21-2013, 07:57 AM
Frankly, this doesn't upset me. The airshows are definitely awe-inspiring, but right now they're nothing more than an unnecessary waste.
It's marketing. I can't imagine that many people have what it takes to be a good pilot...they have to inspire kids some how.

-spence

striperman36
04-21-2013, 08:13 AM
just use drones instead, the use of meat in planes is declining

Fly Rod
04-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Wish they had grounded them in March as they were practicing at Key West for air show....because of them I missed my flight connection in Atlanta...they had control of air space....:)

Nebe
04-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Anything that the government was doing that was for the public's enjoyment has been the first thing that they are going to cancel. They are doing this for reasons that are pretty obvious. Not only are the air show cancelled, but smaller things like the save the bay swim across the bay event and even some water fire events in providence. (Hurricane barrier is fed funded).
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

justplugit
04-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Anything that the government was doing that was for the public's enjoyment has been the first thing that they are going to cancel. They are doing this for reasons that are pretty obvious. Not only are the air show cancelled, but smaller things like the save the bay swim across the bay event and even some water fire events in providence. (Hurricane barrier is fed funded).

Obvious reasons for sure, make it tough on the average citizen
rather than cut out the true waste.

Nebe
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Yup.