View Full Version : Good Bite Today

Got Stripers
02-15-2001, 08:49 PM
Great afternoon, sorry one of you guys couldn't hook up with me. I ended up with over 20 fish, including a couple nice fish, one which was another mutant. Bruce you remember that fish with the stub for a tail, well I caught another stubby just like it, but it was clearly a different fish. This fish would have measured close to 30 inches and found great even if it didn't have any tail. I wonder what causes this, it's like a very small percentage of these fish came from some leper colony for stripers.

Wish I'd followed my instincts and hooked up the boat last night and been ready to roll at first light. By the time I got down there it was close to noon and I wonder how the morning bite was. Well John, you and I just can't seem to hook up. Maybe next week, I'd love to hit another warming trend like the past couple of days. I did real well last Thurday and after a similar warming trend.

Tight lines.

Slipknot
02-15-2001, 09:19 PM
Stubby huh? well maybe they are so hungry they are eating each other. There are alot of bass confined in a small area right? I wonder if the tails will grow back like a salamander does.

JohnR
02-15-2001, 09:26 PM
GS - are you still thinking about Saturday?? If so, I'm in after having recieved blessings from my wife. If you have the room, just tell me what I need to bring!! (that is if you are not in the dog house)...

Thanks,

John

Got Stripers
02-16-2001, 08:34 AM
John, I never leave the doghouse, in fact after almost 20 years of wedded bliss (yeah right) I've remodeled numerous times. Early on I realized the standard one room doghouse was going to be much to small, especially in light of the fact that most of my stays were several nights in a row and early in the fishing season; weeks in a row.

After 5 years, I quickly added on a couple spare bedrooms, because ironically my fishing buddies were staying in the same doghouse and it was getting crowded in there. Since home cooking was not on the menu, a large frig & freezer were quickly added; one for filets/fries and one for beer.

When I hit double digits, it became apparent that my fishing addiction had become worse and my stays in the Dog House were considerably longer. Some comforts had to be added at that point. What to entertain ourselves with hmmmmm, so in went a wet bar, pool table, large screen TV and some nice recliners. Damn sounds great, if only it were real, instead of the family room couch, lol.

Well, I guess you get the picture, lol. Saturday is doubtful, because I had planned on getting a start on a couple of rods this weekend. Last weekend was cold and windy and the fishing wasn't good and it appears it's going to be a repeat this weekend. If I change my mind or I'm thrown into the doghouse and decide to make it a mobile home, I will give you a call.

Tight lines.

JohnR
02-16-2001, 08:39 AM
No problem GS, it was just the first opportunity I've had to go... Get the honey-dooos going and let me know if things change... I'll shoot you an e-mail too...

I'm going to try another local holderover spot today after work, maybe land some monster 12 inch fish...