View Full Version : hope its not a bad omen

blue oyster
04-24-2013, 04:42 PM
not 5 minutes into getting my gear ready for the season I put one of the few barbed lures I own treble hooks through my finger . with my new insurance and its insane deductables a little alcohol both rubbing and drinking , cutting plyers and some needle nose plyers a little home surgery was done (ouch:fury:) luckly I had a tetnis shot 2 years ago hopfully thing go better from here

PNG
04-24-2013, 05:54 PM
...and you never stopped to take a picture :buds:
:nopics:

Raven
04-24-2013, 06:02 PM
sounds like it was a new hook....

glad you got it out

Jackbass
04-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah man you gotta get pictures! Every one loves to see that stuff, that way we know we aren't the only dummies to do it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigBo
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
I did it a couple weeks ago myself as well. I couldn't cut through the hook with my left hand. I was waiting for Skippy to come over, but I think he got lost following his GPS again.
I had to call a friend to come over to cut it and push it through my arm.
Skippy only saw the aftermath.

stripermaineiac
04-24-2013, 08:30 PM
LOL Hooks come out of ear lobes easier. LOL

fishbones
04-24-2013, 08:37 PM
I did it a couple weeks ago myself as well. I couldn't cut through the hook with my left hand. I was waiting for Skippy to come over, but I think he got lost following his GPS again.
I had to call a friend to come over to cut it and push it through my arm.
Skippy only saw the aftermath.

Skippy might not have been much help, lol. I recall him having to run away before he puked when he saw someone get a hook in their arm at the ditch.

BigBo
04-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Skippy might not have been much help, lol. I recall him having to run away before he puked when he saw someone get a hook in their arm at the ditch.
Now that you mention it, I kind of remember hearing about that.

Jackbass
04-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Then I will leave my pic off the thread lol

Swimmer
04-25-2013, 08:48 AM
:nopics:

:rotf2:Ya, hey, no pics, no posting.:rotf2:

zimmy
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
you migh think about another tetanus shot. a booster is recommended with a wound like that.

N.ShoreFisher
04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
make sure you keep the blood one the hook and you throw that lure first! That's gonna be the one you hook up on!

Jackbass
04-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Fine I will put mine up

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t506/markpirani/null_zps80207701.jpg

Started with the barb in the thumb pushed it through and cut

FishermanTim
04-25-2013, 10:11 AM
And I'll post mine!

:yak5::yak::yak:

Sorry, but my hooking disaster was with a very small treble in the tip of my pinkie, so I don't think it really qualifies.

Think of it this way.....At least you got it out of the way early in the season and not during, say, the fall run???