View Full Version : Need a slip in Rhody for a week

Billybob
06-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Looks like the slip I had last year might not be available.I'll be staying in Charlestown 7/19 - 7/26 and would like to get a slip at Snug harbor or anywhere close but preferably not behind a breachway(the shallow water in those ponds at night are tough if you don't know them).
I have a 23' CC. Any suggestions?
Bill

JohnR
06-11-2003, 04:16 PM
There are a couple places down there doing rack storage ??

MakoMike
06-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Rack storage at Pt Judith Marina might be an option. Or you could try Southern View marina, but be prepared to be raped $$$. Those are the only places I can think off offhand.

Billybob
06-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Plan B: I could just trailer it, it's not that far after all.Any good ramps in that area? The one I used last year was steep,short,wicked current, no dock and no parking.
Thanks for the help
Bill

06-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Billybob,

There are two nice ramps about 15-mins from Charlestown. The one at Salt Pond Park off of Rte 1 in Wakefield, has plenty of parking good launch depth and a dock to use for loading and unloading. It's about a 15-20min run to ocean front Point Judith.

The second is in Galilee (Great Island), it's got all the above but it's a 5-min run to the ocean front once launched. Can get very crowded on weekend..

These are both public ramps....!

The ramps at both Charlestown and Quonny Breachways, can be tricky, they are sometimes very shallow and the water can be moving fast, there are also no docks to tie off on.