View Full Version : Rustoleum Deck Renew

Mugz
05-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Anyone have any experience with this stuff?
Watched the Tutorial Video on their website...stuff looks good?
I don't plan on living in my house for more than 8 years...and it says it lasts 8-10 years (don't really buy that). But if I can refurbish my deck for a few years, it could be worth the prep work and get me by without having to replace the surface decking.
I think the biggest plus, I see is it covers splinters and fils cracks and gaps (my little guy has to wear shoes/sandals on my deck always otherwise it's a nightmare trying to pull them out of a 5 yr olds foot!!), plus it gives a textured non-skid type texture.
I have a buddy that stained his deck last year after careful prep and it's already peeling/chipping. I'm not going to go that route. And I don't have the cash to go with a composite replacement.

striperman36
05-08-2013, 07:27 AM
the stuff looks interesting I saw it at homies, very interested also

Mugz
05-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Yes, different colors. Comes with rollers, I think that give the texture.
Looks like you need caulking too.
All in all for 4 gallons it would be less than $100.
Lots of prep though.....fine by me. I will take my time with the prep.
Might give it a try if I can get some more opinions on it.

Slipknot
05-08-2013, 01:23 PM
I never heard of that product before

You have to be careful of solid stain for decks, it will peel
I used semi-solid and it wears off no peeling because more penetration, also oil based not water based

PRBuzz
05-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Just FYI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e156aQVTr9Y

striperman36
05-08-2013, 06:47 PM
rhino liner for the deck

PRBuzz
05-08-2013, 08:18 PM
rhino liner for the deck

that's what I thought when watching.

trevier
05-09-2013, 03:04 PM
who the hell would want that finish on there deck, I know I wouldn't.

Karl F
05-10-2013, 07:11 PM
solid stain with a chitload of portland cement thrown in.. basically.. if your old deck is toast.. and you wanna buy 4-5 more years out of it, instead of doing the replacement.. this is the way to go.

there are others.. Deck Re-new, Super Deck.. same kinda stuff... fills in all the rot and splits, and hardens up like concrete.

Grapenuts
05-10-2013, 07:35 PM
sounds like a cure for old wrinkley skin.

Karl F
05-11-2013, 07:46 AM
I got a few kits grapenuts, if ya looking for a facial do-over :)

don't sell a lot of it.. we keep a few around for the "flippers".. thats mostly who buy it.. the guys looking for band aids to unload the house they is flipping.. or folks just looking to get by with the old rotter for a couple more years.