View Full Version : scorton's ledge

sonny
06-11-2003, 08:51 PM
I will be going to the Cape in 2 weeks and have heard alot in the past about Scorton's Ledge. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. Where is the closest launch? How should i fish it? Should i troll, wire, tube&worm, bait etc. Is it easy to find? Do you fish ontop of the ledge or off the sides? Thanks in advance for any assistance! Sonny

bottom bouncer
06-11-2003, 09:02 PM
scorton ledge is spotty. It gets hot at times during the summer. I work on a charter boat in the bay and we only fished there 5 times last summer. Yiur best bet is probably billingsgate. However, go down to the local harbor and ask the captains were they are fishing. Hopefully they will provide you with info.

If you do fish the ledge it is all tube and worm. Good luck fishing it. It is covered with lobster pots.

BigBo
06-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Launch at the Sandwich Marina, head east out of the canal, then south and watch for the fleet of about 100 boats! :eek5: That area was good a few years back but is so heavily fished now, you need a traffic cop there or pay very close attention to the other boats otherwise you're going to have a head on. There is no trolling protocol there. Every man for himself. I personally wouldn't waste my time there. It's overfished and there are plenty of other good areas to hit.

sonny
06-11-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks Guys, I have fished Billingsgate before but not for awhile, please fill me in. I've seen the charter boats are now fishing tube and worm there. I do this in Pleasant bay with leadcore 2-3 colors. Do you fish Billinsgate the same way? Also is wire lining a jig still a good way to fish Billingsgate at high tide?