View Full Version : Striper Recipe

piemma
05-13-2013, 01:29 PM
We just tried this with some fresh striper. OUTSTANDING!!!

Baked Striper

striper filets, no skins

dried garlic seasoning (I used Garlic Garlic from Tastefully Simple)

chopped chives

salt

freshly ground black pepper

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

half of a lemon

1 medium onion, cut into rings

Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with onion rings.

Rinse the striper filets and pat dry. Sear both sides of the filets in hot canola oil in a cast iron skillet, then place filets on the bed of onions.

Sprinkle the filets with garlic seasoning, chopped chives, salt and pepper to taste. Put the butter bits over the filets then squeeze the juice from the half a lemon all over the filets. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until white and flakey.

MAKAI
05-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Sounds Nummy
For kids, young and old try this with bass. Make some nuggets and roll them in rice flour with lots of Tony Chachere's creole seasoning. Deep fry and serve w ketchup. The rice flour deep fried taste like french fries. So it's like fish and chips in your mouth.
My nieces and nephews won't touch bass the way the old folk like it, but whistle these down like gulls at burger king. :)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe
05-13-2013, 02:55 PM
I like to do that onion trick too.

yj1990
05-13-2013, 03:34 PM
You all should try amazing taste seafood spice, I liberly sprinkle the spice mix on the fish then give it a quick sear on both sides then in the oven for a few minutes. it comes out the nuts let me know what u guys think.

Raven
05-13-2013, 04:01 PM
That's it's name ..... AMAZING Spice ?

One of my favorite ways to have filets is when
they're butterflied and stuffed with crab meat

then bake it

snake slinger
05-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Sounds good

shadow
05-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Iam with you raven iv been making homemade seafood stuffing with crab,shrimp and either lobster or scollop and stuffing my bass with that. Ohh boy it's good. I also like butter peppers,onions white wine sprinkle with old bay then cover with lemon slices and bake. Always looking for new recipes thou got to switch it up. Iam going to try that one Next Paul sounds good.

bassballer
05-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Sounds good. Ill give it a try this weekend.

JohnnySaxatilis
05-14-2013, 06:38 PM
we got striper and lobster corn chowdah on the stove tonight, wooooo