View Full Version : Bruins/Rangers

spinncognito
05-15-2013, 05:58 AM
What do we think? Can the B's get by this team that always plays them tough and has a superstar goaltender?

I hope I am wrong but I am gonna say Rangers in 6. With the injuries on the D-line and Lundquist stopping a still inconsistent B's scoring attack, I think this series will be too much for them. Of course, ya never know......

GO BRUINS!!!!!

afterhours
05-17-2013, 01:02 PM
going in i'd have to agree with you. after last nights game game the "d"kids really stepped it up. i know they'll make a couple of mistakes but i'll take what i saw last night. tukka's very capable of the big save. when the b's turn it up it's a treat to watch. and it looks like 63 is waking up....now if only 19 could. should be a helluva series :).

Jackbass
05-17-2013, 03:29 PM
The rangers are anemic in the offensive end of the game at best fortunately our d is solid expect a series of 7 with the bruins winning. Tight games
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

keeperreaper
05-21-2013, 09:14 PM
3-0 series lead. Tuuka played great tonight. Nice to see a sweep and get some rest. The young defensive guys have been impressive thus far.

spinncognito
05-22-2013, 06:52 AM
I am pleasantly surprised and have obviously underestimated this B's team. No better time than the playoffs to peak and find your game! This feels good!

afterhours
05-22-2013, 07:07 AM
rangers got old on torts dime- i used to fear nash and richards. last nights game was a grinder- lucic still using his big body :) all the b's were hitting. krug looks like he's here to stay- smart and mobile. i know jagr has lost 2 steps but man can he still control the puck or what. henrik is good....and lucky- between posts and shots on him...b's could easily have scored 7. dorsett was looking for a fight with non fighters- didn't want to hear it with thorny :). sure looks like team is coming together at the right time.

Mike P
05-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Richards is a healthy scratch tonight. WTF is Torts thinking?:rotf2:

IMO the team is sick of his act, and quit on him. The only question is, will they pull it all together for a few games for themselves?

Maybe football is a coach's game still, but baseball, hockey and especially basketball are players' games. Coaches and managers lose their teams when they think they're bigger than the players. It's not Grapes' day any more in the NHL.

nightfighter
05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
I expect Torts getting axed with their next loss.

fishbones
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM
I expect Torts getting axed with their next loss.

They would have to pull off a miracle for him to keep his job and I don't see them winning tonight, never mind winning 4 in a row. Tuesday was their best chance for Lundqvist to steal a game that they didn't deserve and they blew it.

Does anyone else think it's a bit strange that so many of the Rangers players who got hurt the other night never returned, while Bergeron got stitched up on the bench and was right back out there? I don't know the nature of their injuries, but couldn't help but think they were maybe quitting on their coach.

Scuttlebutt
05-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Mike P has it right! But...strange things can happen...I had Lucic traded and Claude fired when the Leafs tied the series...funny how things can change....

afterhours
05-23-2013, 05:17 PM
lundqvisk said the b's got lucky bounces to win game 3......all due respect to a very good goalie, but what game was he watching??? if it weren't for posts and snakebit forwards he'd of given up another 6-8 goals in the series.

Mike P
05-23-2013, 06:53 PM
lundqvisk said the b's got lucky bounces to win game 3......all due respect to a very good goalie, but what game was he watching??? if it weren't for posts and snakebit forwards he'd of given up another 6-8 goals in the series.

Not to take anything away from him, but he does play in a system where everyone on his team, from Nash on down, is expected to throw themselves in front of shots. I've seen games this season where the B's were more effective at setting screens in front of Tuukka, than they were at blocking shots.

afterhours
05-23-2013, 08:56 PM
now that was some uninspired hockey.

Mr. Sandman
05-24-2013, 04:07 PM
It looked to me like the B's threw this game on purpose so they could win at home and sell out another Garden event. It's about $.

I would bet coach was directed from management...and told tuuka to "fall down if you have to"

No way Chara didn't know he was there...No F'in way.

I would bet big on win at home.

If you figure how much $ they make on a single home game...a single game generates millions. the more home games they make the more $ that is generated. It is that simple.

That game was given away. just to make more $

Huge mistake IMO...never give them life you never know what will happen if the momentum shifts.

spinncognito
05-24-2013, 04:39 PM
It looked to me like the B's threw this game on purpose so they could win at home and sell out another Garden event. It's about $.

I would bet coach was directed from management...and told tuuka to "fall down if you have to"

No way Chara didn't know he was there...No F'in way.

I would bet big on win at home.

If you figure how much $ they make on a single home game...a single game generates millions. the more home games they make the more $ that is generated. It is that simple.

That game was given away. just to make more $

Huge mistake IMO...never give them life you never know what will happen if the momentum shifts.

Surely you are not serious. That is absurd. Call up Felger and Mazz with that theory so they can laugh you off the air!

ProfessorM
05-24-2013, 07:15 PM
I doubt that too but they did hand them the game. 2 crazy, flukey goals you would have to watch all season or maybe longer to see 2 like that and to have 2 in one game is crazy. IMO Bruins are just a better team and will get it done next game if they don't do anything stupid.

spinncognito
05-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Bye bye Rangers. The better team won! Bring on Pittsburgh!

Piscator
05-25-2013, 10:14 PM
Anyone hear Shaughnessy on the radio today? Guy is such a dink. Said that Krug is having is success because he only plays against the 3rd and 4th lines. Can't believe that ugly bastard gets paid on talk about hockey. My 2 year old knows more about hockey that him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device